TD
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

TD Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON139 reviews

Found 139 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,276 reviews

Fun for a starting place to work

As a CSR, pay is not so much but my colleagues were my motivation. Had so much fun during training, team manager was good. As a full time employee, you get good benefits after 3 months probation. I worked from home which was excellent although my kids were quite a bit of a distraction.

Great if you enjoy micromanagement and sales

Great introduction Into the banking field and I learnt a lot from my time at TD however very quickly grew tired of the pressure to sell and the constant micromanagement

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great place to work for

fast pace, training provided, great co-workers, management is supportive. cash bonus+stock bonus. lots of learning, oppurtunities for inside jobs that dont get posted online

Stable middle class wages

Good pay and benefits but nothing special.Inclusive work place. Career advancement opportunity.They have productivity expectations. But that's to be expected

Lack of strong vision and unity due to modeling

TD has a federated model and teams aren't working together. If you aren't in Toronto, not alot of carreer opportunities at senior level.Benefits, and pension plan are great. Post Covid, they may have been more flexible with remote

Overworked and not appreciated

Micro managed for every minute. Calls never stop and made feel guilty for taking breaks. Managers are not helpful and clearly has favourites.I wouldn’t recommend anyone work here.

Good job

Good student job, good location (remote)Good co workers.Average management.Little room for advancement from lower positions Poor system facilities for

Fast paced stressful environment

A lot to learn in the role and different opportunities to advance in the company. Calls are back to back with long queues and can be stressful especially when customers have been on hold for long.

It was a fast paced environment, back to back phone calls.

Back to back phone calls, made for a fast paced work environment which takes adjusting to. Very sales driven and a touch of competition. Management wasn’t very hands on, unless you were away from your desk

Pros

Increase pay after 10pm

The Best company ever

I am working for as a customer assistance with MBNA, TD we deal with MBNa Credit card and Amazon and all the managers are great, very good listeners and very helpful, salary is ok but there are a lot benefits that makes the salary good like the ownership plan, insurance and the TD Staff with the bank so I am really happy and satisfied

Working in a call centre can be stressful. There are sales targets and up-selling the customer if they wanted the offers.

The interview was easier than I thought for the call centre position, but being on the phones isn't for everyone. There are a lot of procedures to learn, as well as be comfortable to sell and to take criticism especially from customers who will take out their frustrations towards you at times.Managers want to help you, but as I said this kind of job isn't for everyone. The customer is always right thinking is very prevalent here, in that you need to be thick skinned to deal with some of the customer's and you almost have to be perfect it seems when a manager assesses your performance.It's a good experience in general, but not that great. I am still thankful for the chance to have worked at TD.

TD is a good place to work because of the management and culture. Very supportive and inclusive culture and really amazing management. The best I’ve had. Benefits are good and pay is okay. Pay should be higher with cost of living. Lots of opportunity for growth in this company. If you want to be a FA you better love sales. Very fast paced and demanding.

Pros

Management and benefits

Cons

Stressful

Contact center is horrible

I would say run from contact center jobs! I worked in the credit card and it was a very horrible experience. Customers yelling every minute, slow bank systems, no flexibility with work leading to burnout! Also, it says customer service in the job description but it is actually focused on sales. No clear boundaries with the job role so you have to do all you can to hit those sales goals! I left cause I started to feel really depressed with the job because honestly nobody cares about employees in the contact center!

Pros

Good Manager

Cons

Micro management

Stressful, Micro managing, the worst management

working in the retail banking industry is stressful in general, it varies greatly based on the branch management. Avoid by all means working at the Emerald plaza in Ottawa, they got the worst management, their culture is based purely on hitting scorecard numbers, while their advertisement of "comprehensive advice" is BS. adding to it their nonsense behavior matrix to satisfy higher management and to protect them from the media. their micro management style stresses everyone out and ends up creating bad culture and reverses results.

Pros

future work potential

Cons

stressful and bad culture

Great environment with lots of room for vertical growth

Entry level positions can be a bit boring, but the team and management make it worth it. They train you well so you feel confident in your role and are always available for extra support. Great work/life balance. Fair pay. And after a year or so in an entry level role, management often encourages you to post for better, higher paying roles within the company and they even help you prepare and give advice on how to go about it. Overall, a great company to work for.

Pros

fair pay, good benefits, wonderful coworkers and company environment

Cons

bit boring, repetative

Ratings vary by branch

Each branch is different. The environment all depends on the specific management at the branch in question. For example, I worked at my branch for 3 years in which we had 1 complete change in the management team and a few other management changes on the way. The first management team I witnessed was amazing. They cared about their employees, built them from the ground up, genuinely wanted them to move up with TD and were very approachable. The new management team were not approachable at all, cared solely about the numbers that the branch is making and did not care for you as a person.

Plutôt pas mal pour un début de carrière

Au départ tout semble être a la porte . Des que vous intégrer la phase prise d'appels ça devient difficile à gérer selon le département que vous allez intégrer. Si vous êtes quelq'un de patient et de persévérant, vous aimer le contact par téléphone et vous n'avez aucun souci de prendre 35-50 appels par jours, allez y. Si vous êtes bilingue , vous gagnerez un peux plus mais plus dappels aussi

Pros

Ambiance générale-nourriture de temps à autre

Cons

Volume d'appels et objectifs de vente

Review for TD

TD Bank Group is a great workplace with great banking and health benefits, however, career advancement is slow compared to other financial institutions.

Many management changes, solid foundation.

Salary and benefits were great, work atmosphere was ok, management was not so great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers I had. This company was constantly changing/evolving while I was employed with them, sometimes that was good, sometimes it was bad.

Best bank to work for

TDs culture far exceeds other banks. They are fair to everyone and strive for this. In my opinion use of cell phones and internet should be banned by employees unless there is an emergency. Overall the best bank to work for.

Horrible shifts .

Very easy to get into because they are always hiring. Lots of people leave wishing the first three months due to the horrible working shifts. Very busy.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement