TD logo

TD Employee Reviews in North York, ON

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,792 reviews

My time with TD

Featured review

TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.

Decent but very demanding

The management at my branch level was highly disruptive. Their main goal is to push you to do better while their higher managements feed off of your success. Unless you move up, there is no need to stay there.

Great work environment, harder to move up

- Very great place to initially start your career - Progressing higher into different job opportunities requires a lot of politics and leverage - Job levels hurt individual skills as there are prejudice against lower levels

Td

As a customer service representative you had to serve clients and do financial transactions as well as try to up sell products that made sense for the clients.

Pros

free lunches, decent benefits

Cons

high targets to sell

Good

Good work place to start your career Fun place to work Good brand better bank good organization structure flexible to work Growth is good Appreciation

Time at Bank

I learned a lot during my time at the bank. Lots of politics and management at the retail level was not always as sophisticated as it should have been. There wasn't really a set training in place for more senior Branch roles, more learning on the job which can be stressful in an environment like that. Bonuses for some managerial roles were not fully adequate I felt, for the duties and responsibilities that such individuals were tasked with.

Pros

Benefits were quite good

Cons

Culture was too Sales goal driven

Gained a lot of experience in customer service, team management, gained cash handling experience and learnt banking skills , very good opportunity to work

TD Canada Trust

Great company to work in. Staff and management are amazing. A positive work place, with a supportive team. Working there i have learned and gained many skills such as communication, ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure.

Fun Workplace

Very welcoming and great learning environment Management treats with respect and are always willing to give you a hand Great experience in the customer service and finance industry

The hardest part

It's great being able to help clients understand personal banking better. Despite the news stories, I have personally never let the sales pressure prevent me from delivering the best service I can. I work casually now, so the hardest part is being unable to reach those sales numbers.

Jobs at TD

in North York, ON
See more jobs

A day in the life

Paying bills, depositing, withdrawing cash. Opening and closing the branch and balancing at night. The hardest part was selling and pushing products on customers they do not even need sometimes.

Pros

Working with my coworkers

Cons

Selling

Good place to work if you are under a good people mnager

Job Work/Life Balance for me was never good. Though it totally depends on the people manager. I've seen my colleagues in other team who was enjoying their work with flexible schedules, realistic project line and work from home option. Tremendous opportunities and resources available for career development

Amazing work environment

Great job! Amazing co-workers, provided with training and staff is always helpful when needed assistance. Workplace culture is truely all about comfort and providing the best service to our customers and meeting their banking needs.

Great place to work and lots of growth opportunities.

1 great company to work with. really diversity culture to support their employees. 2 great management. The salary could be higher on CSR position. 3. great work place and nice co-workers.

Market Research Anaylst

At Consumer Contact I developed good networking skills and communications skills. Consumer Contact allowed me to be a entrepenuer. It allowed me to carry a lion attitude in the marketing field. I developed a ambition in being the best market researcher they needed. I created great friendships with my colleagues. It was the first job as a market researcher to allow me to see what the world is made of and what the job world is like. I saw that the managers were really down to earth and understandable. They were friendly. They always gave me feedback of my performance. They gave me tips on how to be a excellent market reseracher. The motivated me as a rookie. I was a rookie at the time. I was a rookie in the business world. Well I learned a lot as a rookie. I became a successor in building relatiohships with my colleagues and customers. I realized that the job world majorly focuses on ethic and attitude.

Pros

Amazing hours and colleagues

Cons

Seasonal

Great work place to acquire many skill sets

Met many great individuals at work. Acquired skills sets that are very helpful for future career advancement. Can be stressful at time with meeting deadlines or quarterly objective. Great work environment, developed close bond with each and everyone at work.

Pros

Managers very supportive

Cons

working overtime from time to time

Very stress full company

TD makes you work long hours with out pay, management only focus on sales,salary is very underpaid. And TD never appreciates the staff.

Cons

Low Salary, Long hours, Extremely uneducated management team, with high demands.

TD Commercial Banking

The change in management and the turnover in the branch makes it difficult to operate on a day to day basis. Overall, work environment is great.

TD Commercial

Good worklife balance, great networking opportunities, team coordination, and opportunities for development and learning.

Pros

Competitive environment, Active learning, Networking, Worklife Balance

Cons

Office politics

yonge and fun culture with competivie environment

TD has a fun and happy culture overall. All employees work hard during the day, and know how to have fun after work as well. The work environment is really competitive, yet the salary seems below expectation with the amount of work you are assigned or expected to do.

Pros

champions reward

Cons

long hours, high targets

Always had Fun in the Branch and put Smile on all the Employees/Co-workers

Super Super Organization to work for, Excellent managenemt, Great work culture, Diversified work force

Pros

Excellent appreciation and Great feedback

Cons

Long Hours

2.7K