TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in North Vancouver, BC

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Good way to get your foot in the door.

A good way for young people to get a start in the industry. Guaranteed hours, upward mobility. Kind and yet driven management. Great work culture. Work hard individually and get rewarded. Work hard as a team and get an even better reward.

Pros

Free food, Large Bonuses

Cons

Very late or vary early hours. Stressful.

Work culture is terrible

Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Pros

Accommodating to student schedules

Cons

Too much gossiping, popularity contest

Great team environment

Good working environment, lots of opportunity to grow, benefits are great, friendly people, work life balance should be improved, lots of support, fun part of my job was dealing with customer problem

Benefits

Cons

Long hours for mother with toddler

Has become very stressful place to work.

Branch opening procedures with only one junior staff member. Only the two of us to run the branch for sometimes 3 hrs. before next staff scheduled to arrive. Then move to one's own office to face the day of client appointments and huge pile of pending work & admin. paperwork. One has to learn very quickly to prioritize in order to handle the workload now the norm in the Bank...with ever-increasing shortage of staff. Co-workers, were in general, great to interact with. Management now, is quite inexperienced for the role, in my opinion. The hardest part of the job now would be trying not to portray to clients the stress level that the majority of employees are working under. The most enjoyable part of the job was always being able to help the clients with their requests & interacting with them.

team wrok

customer service with legendry experience, team work in a healthy environment that everyone have one common goal " customer satisfaction "

Pros

full benefit

Cons

long hour open 7 days a week 8-8

High Stress on employees

Through my 25 + years with the Company I have seen huge change take place. I love the client relationship building part of the job, but the most discouraging part of the job is the huge stress that is being placed on all of the employees now-a-days. I have learned a great deal about credit products, investment products & how to deal with different personalities - both with colleagues & clients. I've worked as a senior level/keyholder employee since 1999 with great pride.

td

its a good company. you go to work and they pay you. people are nice and every thing is nice

Jobs at TD