TD Bank Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 104 reviews matching the search See all 6,253 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Encouraged Work Life Balance
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2019
You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work this was great.
Great support from managers.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Sunday Banking.
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2019
Working at a retail branch entails meeting clients face to face and finding ways to make profits for the business as a team.
Lots of help and space to learn.
For those who love paper work, serving customers and completing transactions! This is the job for you.
Dynamic and Professional
Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Montreal23 May 2019
Working at TD is great, the culture and ambiance is professional which is fulfilling on a day-to-day basis.
Dealing with various different financial situations, aiding clients with banking solutions to enhance their portfolios and daily operations. The best part is giving clients genuine advice, and making sure they understand before departing the branch.
Pros
Flexible, Professional
Micro management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2019
Micro management by team leader and GM.
They ask for unrealistic target. They demand perfection while they are far from perfect themselves.
They are connected to you while you talk with clients.
They treat people like kids . There's a bad management team. They will give you candy everyday hoping it's helping their management problems.
DON'T GO THERE
Benefits
Cons
Stress targets management
Best Employer
Easyline Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2019
I've been with TD for two years and it is by FAR the best employer I have ever had. It is inclusive, friendly and very diverse. The benefits and insurance are also fantastic. As a student, they always modify my schedule to fit school. We have two bonuses per year. I highly recommend applying to TD, you won't regret it!
Pros
pay, no pressure, bonus, benefits
Cons
call center
td fun!
Représentant au Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 April 2019
nice pay check, amazing benefits, flexible schedule when you're a student, walking distance from the metro, love the design and the staff, but always a rotation between managers, didn't like that too much
sad life for employee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2019
This bank has means and technology and the customers are overall happy

the culture where I was was terrible, pressure selling , lies to sell products pushed by managers, pressure to lose job if sales target are not met, regardless of client needs or means.

opportunities to advance are given to the big sellers that are like by the boss, half of my team quit as well as me, the bank got in huge scandal taht year for their sale pushing and employees fearing for their jobs go to the extent of stealing sales, opening unasked for products..

management at a higher level is disconnected they ultimately reward the profit and lower level managers are pressured and transmit that pressure on regular employees.

Benefits are good 2 weeks paid vacation, higher up management seemed caring but clearly disconnected , I am sure they took measures after that scandal but I left before the result were showing.

Best part of the job was helping customer and being able to do my best with them with integrity that I never compromised for any target.

worst was the pressure schedule and false prestense of them caring more about customer service than sales when they clearly stress the contrary and their nonsense of not saying a sale but a recommendation.

I am sure its a great bank and not everywhere is like that but where I was it was like that.
Pros
good training, benefits
Cons
culture, stress, hours
Great work environment
Customer & Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 March 2019
Great team work, lots of chances to grow within the company.
Tough managment in terms of goals ( pressured sales)
Best workplace to learn how to deal with customer satisfaction and problem solving
Pros
Growth
Cons
Sales Targets
Inspiring and Challenging
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2019
I felt supported in any growth I wanted to achieve. You are offered different kinds of training and activities to support you in your role. Managers are approachable.
productive and fun envrionment!
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  montreal12 February 2019
The building is beautiful, and the people are nice. They serve lunch and breakfast everyday. It is great for people who love banking. The salaries could be a bit higher.
Dry Environment with a lot of stress
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2019
work environment was very bad and a lot of pressure to sell products. management was very weak and I saw most people get promoted through connections.
Great organization
Directeur régional - Est du Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2019
Great organization but to grow you may be asked to relocate. Great presence in the United states but it's tricky to make a career move down south for non-senior executives.
Service à la clientèle bancaire
Spécialiste banquetel (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 December 2018
Aide au client, vente de produit bancaire, recommander des services
Fun workplace, bad management
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2018
Great workplace, horrible management. I learned a lot about banking. A typical day at work includes answering calls and being evaluated on each. Job culture is okay. Benefits and salary are very good.
good company
Team Manager IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 November 2018
was a great company to work for and it was the beginning of my management carrer. It allowed me to grow as a person professionally and personally.
nothing to say bad
horrible
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2018
horrible conditions no raise not enought salary to buy an extra shirt to look like a bank worker and not a taxi cabman harassment and rude management dominiation
I loved working at TD
SECURE DESK OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 September 2018
I enjoyed working at TD Canada trust, maybe will return one day. I was lucky working with amazing colleagues, great management who were true leaders for me (never ever I got criticised, always I had a meeting about what do I need to move forward for a "win-win" deal), I improved my sales skills and what was impossible for me at the very beginning, in about 6 months it was the easiest thing to do!
Fun place to work on
Bank Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Canada11 September 2018
Fun place to work on, TD is a leading bank in Canada with good benefits. Depending on job department, it can be quite fast paced and demanding extra-hours.
Benefits
Cons
Very fast paced
Analyste de crédit hypothécaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2018
Very pleasant work place, managers make you take ownership of your decisions, and strong support to advance in your career, instead of focusing only on productivity metrics.
workplace
Agent de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 August 2018
Long hours, difficult work schedule, very demanding, a lot of stress and high objectives. Did this job as part time and did not view myself as a full time employee.
Pros
Cons
work it 24hours a day and 7 days a week.
Great place to learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2018
Learning all about dealing with the public and financial products. It is a great school. The bank will teach you how to multitask efficiently, how to deal with people and how to manage your own money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K