TD
TD Bank

TD Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

Good Training, good and supportive colleagues, stressful and consistent changing KPIs. Summarily, it is a good place to work and also depending on the job type and level,
Not sure where to start. They have been hiring a lot in Moncton (in waves). Almost all the people I trained with are gone, some went on stress leave within 3 months. Micro-management, they will scare you to try and make you compliant (you can go to jail if...), they track every minutes of your shift. Very toxic environment. They won’t tell you this but all off phone duties have to be done in your personal time without pay. Waiting time for customers was 3-4 hours when I started. A joke. So they were all angry. If you are bilingual, they will push you into the Quebec licensing right after training which is crazy. I’m just speechless about my experience. I’m a very positive person with a good attitude, but this was too much. I was there for less than 5 months and had to go to a therapist for help. I couldn’t sleep or eat anymore. They have a new system and an old one so you have to learn to work with the two. They don’t work properly, the phone systems don’t work properly either. They are very under staffed because everybody is leaving. Not a good start in Moncton for them at all. If at all if, you consider working there, wait two years for covid to be over (hopefully) and for the old system to be gone and other systems to be fixed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long hours, bad management, very high pressure
Fun place to work, employees are great. Great Benefits. Good Job Security. Fantastic atmosphere. The work at times is very stressful especially at Quarter-end. Long Hours at work.
Excellent area to grow and get to know more about other people. Be ready to sacrifice your weekends as well. It’s diversity is what I really liked it’s international!
Starts well overall like in most call centres, as time pass by the rope around your neck tightens more and more with harassment from management to reach contradictory and often impossible to reach performance metrics. If you are doing excellent in most of your metrics that wont mean anything, if you happen to be a couple of points below their expectations in one aspect, you will be harassed and talk down for that. Turnover per training class is huge. There is reason for that.
great environment to work but you have to bring your A game all the time because your performance is tied to so many standards such as cross selling and ability to meet customers reason for call.
A good place to grow your career where there is inclusion and fairness is well practice and opportunity for personal development. A multicultural workplace.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Single reporting line
The worst job I've ever had by far. The center is very nice, but that about it when it comes to the pros. This fake culture of positivism / and we're here for you - is so glaringly apparent. The second you slip up, you're punished with "guides and tools and steps" for your betterment. A.k.a do this or your out. A complete lack of empathy. My dad had passed away and i wasn't as enthusiastic during training - they put a note beside me to get out of class and go see the manager. I said i was going through a hard time - and i was answered everyone goes through hard times. They wanted me to create 3 steps on how to smile more and be more proactive in class!! How much lack of empathy can you have!!! So appalled. The management is toxic. Toxic. Several left during training, not bc of the job but because of the managers. Please don't be fooled by the company - don't apply!! you'll thank me later. I also made a complaint about this whole situation. it was buried. Work somewhere else folks
TD is very fast-paced, stressful, and daunting (especially the call center). I would only recommend the job to very few select people who can handle stress well. Honestly, this is not the job for people with depression and anxiety. You do have to have a special shell to handle this job. I wrote out a pros and cons list for this job and there were tons of pros and only one con. That con was that my mental health was getting worse everyday I was there. No matter how good the salary or the benefits are, no matter how much room for growth and job security there is, no matter any of those pros. The simple con of hating my job, myself, and my life is enough to out-weigh all the pros in the world. My feelings are mixed about TD. There are so many good things about working there, but I can't handle the abuse from customers, the incredibly fast pace everything runs at, and the push on employees to "advise" which is really their way of saying "sell". Sure, they try to focus it on giving the best advice for the customer, but it is a sales job. Don't be fooled. It's a dis-service to potential future employees to not be completely transparent with you: ITS SALES. You have goals and metrics you are measured upon and pressure is placed on you to meet those goals. On every single call they encourage you to "advise" the customer on a product. The point is not to manipulate people, they honestly do tell us just to provide advise that will truly benefit the customer, but its pressure. I just want someone to call in with their request, I help them, ask if they need anything else, and then say our - more...
always start at the bottom. managers care about your advancement but the bank could care less. paid not very good for a lot of work. very repetitive tasks
TD Bank is a great place to work considering the open work culture environment, flexible work options and great leadership support to move up the ladder.
Pros
Flexibility
This bank is not customer oriented at all. Numbers and sales are the priority Management is non existent and work life balance is non existent too. Worked at TD for over 4 years and never felt so lost at a job
Pros
Awesome clients
Cons
No management. Overworked and no recognitions