TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 246 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

they have documentations to make your jobs easy

you just have to find it and ask the right questions. there are lots of departments in control of lots of documentation and will only grant you the access if you have the proper security.

Customer oriented and friendly

• Managed business development and acted as the bank’s liaison with potential business clients. • Helping clients with their financial goals and objectives, and preparing a proposal for investment needs

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Sales goals, and targets

Work and fun

That day was very nice, We started the day with the everyday task. Then we went for a succer time, organized for funds raising. We really enjoyed that time and had a lot fun..

Pros

Free lunch and free drinks

Cons

The time fitted the normal working day

A Leader in Customer Service

For many years in a row, TD Canada Trust has been the leader in the banking industry for providing the best customer service to their clients. In understanding their business structure, it helped to further my skills and qualifications by understanding what is needed to not only meet the needs of clients but rather excel. Their commitment to their clients needs while providing a welcoming and warm work environment for their employees allows me to appreciate the strong foundation TD Canada Trust has built.

Pros

Management, Employee, Client initiatives (Client Appreciation day, Employee Appreciation day etc.)

Cons

8-8 Banking (Work/Family balance)

Management are insensitive to resources.

After spending a year upgrading to become productive as an entry level web / java developer, TD Hired me as a junior (think pay scale) then persistently placed me into responsibilities that a senior mainframe application developer could only succeed in. My background is that of a Senior Application Analysis / Developer. I've served many roles as a contractor. I was and remain capable in the Mainframe environment. After 4 years of being emotionally oppressed (I've had some years to think about this), they provided me with a, without cause termination package. I had asked through an e-mail how I should word my mid year review, "Am I a Junior Web / Java Developer or a Senior Application Developer". Two weeks later I was let go. Given I'd already worked through the upgrading process but due to the employment opportunity that had been provided, after 4 years of employment, I had few skills in the Web / Java scope of technologies. TD Bank's management deliberately pooched my career. When hired, they had me for a minimum of 6 months or, I would have not been seen as a workable resource. After the 6 months, they persisted to promise skill building opportunities. While they played lip service, they did not provide a work environment that was constructive for developing skills. Zero mentoring was provided. After 4 years of this, I had built some skills and managed to supporting a set of application in the Web / Java technical set; however, my job role / responsibilities were aligned to primarily support Mainframe Applications. Sadly, when other application groups experienced -

Pros

Termination without Cause.

Cons

In My Humble Opinion, they have zero integraty.

good compancy

TD Bank as company is good to work with. Gives you an option to maintain work life balance, pay is not high though but its consistent with the market.

Love working with this organization

A place where every employee is respected. Warm and friendly people. Flexible work timings. Focused on enhancing customer experience. A company with a focused goal to exceed.

Lots of fun!

I really enjoyed working for this company. There was such a positive work environment there. I would typically do data entry on any given day as well as computer maintenance and processing Home Equity Lines of Credit.

Most organised of the FI's worked at

Project vision was particularly well articulated. Large FI with an internal project management methodology that aligned well with the Project Management Institute (PMI) methodology Onboarding of new FTE/contractors was smooth and well practised

Pros

Office facilities were comfortable and adequate

Cons

Excellent place to work to learn cutting edge technologies. Heavy use of websphere application server and AIX unix platforms. Fun group with small teams that run major mission critical applications

Pros

free banking

Jobs at TD

in Mississauga, ON
See more jobs

Fun workplace

Work culture is friendly. Opportunity is given to share learn and implement new ideas. Learned more about the team work. Recognition of individual person abilities and guide them properly to work hard.

bad management

the cbc news stories are true. nothing has changed. you are given unrealistic goals and often pressured to make decisions that may benefit you, but not the customer.

High Job Insecurity

TD was a great place to work as a Customer Service Rep with great company culture. I started in my role with 37.5 hours/week, but upper management decided to make all Reps part-time, which led to massive cuts in hours. This made TD a very problematic place to work at, due to a decline in hours and high job insecurity. The salary was above-market for an entry-level CSR role, but no benefits were offered.

Pros

RSP matching; good company culture; high pay.

Cons

high job insecurity; no opportunities for advancement; no benefits.

People are friendly and supportive. Tough to crack the interview. However internal references go along way. Projects move relatively slowly until a month before deadline.

Productive and fun place to work

For a student I found working at TD Bank one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Most days I felt like I was not coming to work but yet another day with warm and friendly staff and most of all amazing customers that I have grown to give legendary experience. Work parties, dinners or other small events like jean days or potluck happen every quarter.

Pros

Compensation and scheduling

Cons

Advancements take a while

Productive and Great place to learn

The best thing about TD is it's working environment. Great team with strong technical and soft skills. A place where everyday you learn something new.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Max contract duration is 2 years

Productive and fast moving environment

Great place to work at, very customer driven. On-going MBNA Sales Factory with quarterly releases to Production (new Epics, bug fixes, improvement and more). Worked closely with BA and Business to understand and improve Story creation and building the backlog for future sprints.

Very professional and relaxed environment

The work culture at TD was always pro employees where we are given the freedom to do things our way with a goal-oriented approach and no micro management. We enjoy this relaxed environment which in turn leads to better quality of work and more results delivered overall.

Pros

Wfh, Flexible work locations

Great place to work and get promoted

TD Bank is a great employer and is always looking to promote and acknowledge its hard working employees. I personally love my current job and the people i work with.

People make the difference

I am here for over 5 years now. TD pays well to the contracting staff, once the permanent position is granted the job satisfaction tends to decrease rather fast. There are good managers and there are bad managers. Also there are horrible managers. Overall compensation package is good compared to the average. From time to time the job requirements are contradicting the common sense and basic human logic.

Pros

Good managers

Cons

Bad managers

Not sure how much has changed

I enjoyed my time at TD but it was a long time ago. The staff and management were friendly and willing to help along the way. When I was there the salary for front line staff was just slightly above the poverty line but not sure what it is now.

2.7K