TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in London, ON

Found 186 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Very stressful, management always on your case if you do not sign up enough customers on products, back to back calls.

Td never has enough people hired, customers in ques that are waiting is normally 1000 or more. Always listening to your calls, different departments managers instead of helping like to put bad comments in about you just to make themselves look good. There is a lot of passing the problems with customers onto the wrong departments.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Back to back calls

Comparable to an Abusive Relationship

Answer inbound calls, activate customer credit cards, sales pitch for optional Balance Protection Insurance (BPI). All activity is monitored, including scheduled and unscheduled time off the phone, amount of time in between calls. I learned many procedures to help customers with their banking needs. Management is relatively supportive; however, there is a tendency of micromanaging. Workplace culture is stressful. There is high pressure to sell BPI, even though it is considered a low-pressure sales position. Management will consistently remind you that there's opportunity for advancement, but will not support you in a position transfer if you're not meeting ALL of your metrics, even the ones only relevant to this position. The hardest part of the job is selling BPI. It's not a very beneficial product to customers, but it makes a lot of money for the bank. Many articles have come out in the news about what a scam BPI is, and it is even illegal to sell similar products in many parts of the world. The most enjoyable parts of the job are when you get really pleasant customers on the phone, and special event days, such as free lunch, or 15 minute massages. Overall, they'll keep you just comfortable enough, and give you enough benefits that you almost forget how emotionally and mentally exhausting the work is, and guilty enough about missing any work that your mental health deteriorates.

Pros

Benifits, salary

Cons

High pressure, causes/worsens mental health problems

great but no work life balance

Great but no work life balance tough to get better shifts. Great managers. Very hard to move up. hard to get weekends off You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work, this was great. Great support from managers.

Pros

amazing benefits

Cons

No work life balance

I've never been more satisfied with a company. Great pay and benefits and the culture is very positive and empowering. TD is constantly working on improving its employees and developing your career. I am very happy to be employed by one of the top banks in the country

Good pay for workload

A good place to start, very good pay and benefits - difficult to move up unless bilingual. Great learning experience (financially) and a good place to meet people. Difficult to have a work-life balance with scheduling.

Pros

great pay and benefits

Cons

scheduling and negative employees

Fast paced, rewarding, good advancement opportunities.

TD was a fun place to work, their benefits were great and my manager was great. I personally didn't like sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day on the phone, that is why I left. If you work well under pressure and want to advance in the company, TD is a great work environment. They have a ton of resources and help you move up.

Pros

Lunches, events, good pay, job recognition

Cons

Fast paced, desk 8 hours a day, pressure

Great place

Treat employees with respect and great bonus and benefits! everyone was/ is treated fairly. meeting daily targets and sales. keeps the job interesting.

Productive workplace

Meeting with clients to discuss their financial goals and to then implement strategies to meet these goals using various financial products. An adequate workplace

Cut Throat Culture

If your sales aren't high, you are dismissed before your 90 days are up. I worked in Credit Card Customer Service, and if you're not meeting your goals, you are penalized with reprimands and meetings with HR. The job interviews never said anything about sales goals, and in fact only stressed customer service. When you get in on the floor, it is only about meeting sales targets. CS takes a real backseat.

Pros

Incentives for meeting Sales Goals

Cons

High Sales Driven Customer Service Sector

Easyline Call Centre

Awful experience. Micromanaged to the point of near harassment, overworked for the compensation given, and many interactions with managers and clients were terrible due to unprofessionalism. Very happy I left. This job made my well-being deteriorate.

Jobs at TD

in London, ON
See more jobs

Excellent opportunity for career advancement

I worked at TD full-time (More than a year) Pros - Challenging and fast-paced environment - Talented and kind individuals Cons - Senior management struggle to adapt to changing paradigms - Promise of change with little/slow/no action Advice to Management The people who work at TD are fabulous, but sometimes there are rotten apples that turn a project south, but don't let that sour your perception of TD and the great career opportunity it presents.

high pressure

excellent training program for new employees. Very high pressure sales for employees in call centre environment. Support was available for employees, but ultimately the job was presented as a customer service role but was in fact a high pressure sales role. Sales were expected on all calls and minimum sales goals were often unattainable by at least half of the staff on any given day.

Good Job

In an an eight hour shift shift , 7 hours of it are spent receiving incoming calls. Profiling to help customers with their day to day banking (avoid fees,online banking...), to help you reach your targets. I learned day to day banking, compliance, and enhanced my customer service skills. Td Is a good culture to work in, and always changes to make the employment more convenient for the employee. Great Job just make sure you transfer out to different departments right away,

Pros

Great for students as they work around your schedule

Cons

Should be a higher pay level

Great People

Constantly changing. Meetings once a week to update on new information. Helpful coworkers that help when you are very busy. If a business decision is made to move the job, you can go with it if you want.

Pros

Good People

Would NOT Recommend

I would not recommend working here. There is an incredibly high turnover rate, and the phone channel departments are ALWAYS understaffed. There is very little difference between part-time and full-time employees as both are scheduled full-time hours despite alternative arrangements. Everything you do is tracked and used to rank you among your peers.They disguise their pushy sales tactics as "advice" ,and specialists are pressured into meeting "advice goals" or be scolded during the required monthly meeting with your team manger. Work life balance is poor. The customers are really who suffer the most with this. Depending on the type of shift bucket you get, you will be forced to always weekends. They promise that you can move up from the front line roles within an year, but this is not the case. The majority of the people on the floor have been there 5+ Year with little to no advancements. Mangers seem disconnected and will sacrifice you to maintain their image and career. Benefits may be appealing but I promise you this job is not worth the stress and adversity you will face on a daily basis.

Benefits

Cons

Sales, Micromanaging, Stress

If you like sales.....

Stress and pressure are what's offered. Continual barrage of letting you know how well you're not doing. Those who do extremely well are rewarded, the rest - see previous sentence. Various cultures and diversities, which is wonderful. Management are continually on you about not doing well enough...more, more more! Was told verbatim if you can't do it, ties will be severed! Used to be rotating shifts - now Bid for shifts. the better you do the better the shift you get. (will gradually weed out the weak when offered 4- midnight with Saturday and Sundays!) More concerned about profits than anything else, wasn't like that in the beginning.

Pros

Cafeteria and Timmies on site, various cultures and diversities hired

Cons

bid for shifts

This Was a Great Place to Work

TD is a great employer and has had numerous awards to prove that. Why am I not there? In a nutshell, my spouse had to relocate. I had actually taken this job because of the relocation, but was unable to act on that when the nature of the job made it a conflict of interest. I worked as a customer service rep for TD Visa and I was quite good at it, although honestly, I never felt as though I was. I was always extremely nervous for the first 60-75 minutes of my shift for some reason. There was pressure for you to make sales, as well as not failing compliance. On the sales end, to clarify, it's not as though you were forced to try to make sales, but you were expected to go over and above the customer's need to provide a "legendary experience." Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing to provide, but the pressure to provide it was stressful. Admittedly, that's probably a pressure I put on myself as I've always prided myself on my customer service. I don't want to give the impression that they were slave-drivers always pushing for higher numbers. Maybe it would've got that way at some point, or maybe I got lucky with my TM being a great person. The more stressful aspect of the job itself was meeting compliance. Banking is highly regulated and calls are constantly being pulled to make sure everything is being done properly. That sounds like a good thing, but from a job perspective it gets stressful, especially when the tiniest issue could cause a compliance failure, like saying a word incorrectly or stumbling over your words and not starting over from the beginning of a -

Pros

Pay and benefits, job security

Cons

The strict nature of the job

Job Experience

Good Time working there with friends. Great atmosphere. Lots of help when needed and lots of creative ideas that go around in that office. Loved my time there.

productive

Retail- customers are nice, coworkers are nice. need to sell products in terms of sales goals and investment potential. managers will help you in how to make advice

Easyline Telephone Specialist

Inbound call representative. Customer service but mainly sales. Great training before you are on the phones, but the high pressure sales and metrics were not always easy to achieve. Unfortunate part is that some of the shadier reps were rewarded for high sales, where retention should have been more of a measured metric. Company seemed happy if you were a top seller even though some reps sold only to meet their targets and not based on what was in the best interest of the customer. Very discouraging to see people purposely putting clients who were in a ton a debt into deeper debt to meet their quotas.

Pros

Varied shifts

Cons

Open 365 days, high targets, no time to communicate with peers

High Stress Environment

I worked here for about a year in the Easyline department. The job was extremely stressful. Calls are back to back with mostly angry, or abusive individuals taking their frustrations out on you. Management pushes sales targets and often unrealistic performance expectations. Everything you do is quantified and converted into a metric and used to rank you amoungst your peers. The pay for the work that you do is not sufficient. In my honest opinion I would suggest that anyone who values their happiness think very carefully about accepting a position. At first glance the benefits are attractive, but the cost to your mental and physical health is not worth it.

Pros

Affordable coverage/insurance

Cons

Ineffective micromanaging

2.7K