TD Bank Employee Reviews in London, ON

Found 145 reviews matching the search See all 6,263 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Encouraged Work Life Balance
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2019
You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work this was great.
Great support from managers.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Sunday Banking.
Comparable to an Abusive Relationship
Phone Specialist-Insurance Sales & Activations (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 June 2019
Answer inbound calls, activate customer credit cards, sales pitch for optional Balance Protection Insurance (BPI). All activity is monitored, including scheduled and unscheduled time off the phone, amount of time in between calls.

I learned many procedures to help customers with their banking needs.

Management is relatively supportive; however, there is a tendency of micromanaging.

Workplace culture is stressful. There is high pressure to sell BPI, even though it is considered a low-pressure sales position. Management will consistently remind you that there's opportunity for advancement, but will not support you in a position transfer if you're not meeting ALL of your metrics, even the ones only relevant to this position.

The hardest part of the job is selling BPI. It's not a very beneficial product to customers, but it makes a lot of money for the bank. Many articles have come out in the news about what a scam BPI is, and it is even illegal to sell similar products in many parts of the world.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are when you get really pleasant customers on the phone, and special event days, such as free lunch, or 15 minute massages.

Overall, they'll keep you just comfortable enough, and give you enough benefits that you almost forget how emotionally and mentally exhausting the work is, and guilty enough about missing any work that your mental health deteriorates.
Pros
Benifits, salary
Cons
High pressure, causes/worsens mental health problems
great but no work life balance
Credit Card Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2019
Great but no work life balance tough to get better shifts. Great managers. Very hard to move up.
hard to get weekends off
You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work, this was great.
Great support from managers.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Central Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2019
I've never been more satisfied with a company. Great pay and benefits and the culture is very positive and empowering. TD is constantly working on improving its employees and developing your career. I am very happy to be employed by one of the top banks in the country
Good pay for workload
Digital Communications Officer (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2019
A good place to start, very good pay and benefits - difficult to move up unless bilingual. Great learning experience (financially) and a good place to meet people. Difficult to have a work-life balance with scheduling.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
scheduling and negative employees
Fast paced, rewarding, good advancement opportunities.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ON17 April 2019
TD was a fun place to work, their benefits were great and my manager was great. I personally didn't like sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day on the phone, that is why I left. If you work well under pressure and want to advance in the company, TD is a great work environment. They have a ton of resources and help you move up.
Pros
Lunches, events, good pay, job recognition
Cons
Fast paced, desk 8 hours a day, pressure
Great place
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2019
Treat employees with respect and great bonus and benefits!
everyone was/ is treated fairly.
meeting daily targets and sales. keeps the job interesting.
Productive workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2019
Meeting with clients to discuss their financial goals and to then implement strategies to meet these goals using various financial products. An adequate workplace
Cut Throat Culture
CALL CENTER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 March 2019
If your sales aren't high, you are dismissed before your 90 days are up. I worked in Credit Card Customer Service, and if you're not meeting your goals, you are penalized with reprimands and meetings with HR. The job interviews never said anything about sales goals, and in fact only stressed customer service. When you get in on the floor, it is only about meeting sales targets. CS takes a real backseat.
Pros
Incentives for meeting Sales Goals
Cons
High Sales Driven Customer Service Sector
Easyline Call Centre
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 February 2019
Awful experience. Micromanaged to the point of near harassment, overworked for the compensation given, and many interactions with managers and clients were terrible due to unprofessionalism. Very happy I left. This job made my well-being deteriorate.
Excellent opportunity for career advancement
IT SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER II (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2019
I worked at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenging and fast-paced environment
- Talented and kind individuals

Cons

- Senior management struggle to adapt to changing paradigms
- Promise of change with little/slow/no action

Advice to Management

The people who work at TD are fabulous, but sometimes there are rotten apples that turn a project south, but don't let that sour your perception of TD and the great career opportunity it presents.
high pressure
Outbound Financial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2019
excellent training program for new employees.
Very high pressure sales for employees in call centre environment.
Support was available for employees, but ultimately the job was presented as a customer service role but was in fact a high pressure sales role. Sales were expected on all calls and minimum sales goals were often unattainable by at least half of the staff on any given day.
Good Job
Easyline Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2019
In an an eight hour shift shift , 7 hours of it are spent receiving incoming calls. Profiling to help customers with their day to day banking (avoid fees,online banking...), to help you reach your targets. I learned day to day banking, compliance, and enhanced my customer service skills. Td Is a good culture to work in, and always changes to make the employment more convenient for the employee.

Great Job just make sure you transfer out to different departments right away,
Pros
Great for students as they work around your schedule
Cons
Should be a higher pay level
Great People
Many positions (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 January 2019
Constantly changing. Meetings once a week to update on new information. Helpful coworkers that help when you are very busy. If a business decision is made to move the job, you can go with it if you want.
Pros
Good People
Would NOT Recommend
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 January 2019
I would not recommend working here. There is an incredibly high turnover rate, and the phone channel departments are ALWAYS understaffed.
There is very little difference between part-time and full-time employees as both are scheduled full-time hours despite alternative arrangements.
Everything you do is tracked and used to rank you among your peers.They disguise their pushy sales tactics as "advice" ,and specialists are pressured into meeting "advice goals" or be scolded during the required monthly meeting with your team manger.
Work life balance is poor. The customers are really who suffer the most with this.
Depending on the type of shift bucket you get, you will be forced to always weekends.
They promise that you can move up from the front line roles within an year, but this is not the case. The majority of the people on the floor have been there 5+ Year with little to no advancements.
Mangers seem disconnected and will sacrifice you to maintain their image and career.
Benefits may be appealing but I promise you this job is not worth the stress and adversity you will face on a daily basis.
Benefits
Cons
Sales, Micromanaging, Stress
If you like sales.....
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2019
Stress and pressure are what's offered. Continual barrage of letting you know how well you're not doing. Those who do extremely well are rewarded, the rest - see previous sentence. Various cultures and diversities, which is wonderful. Management are continually on you about not doing well enough...more, more more! Was told verbatim if you can't do it, ties will be severed! Used to be rotating shifts - now Bid for shifts. the better you do the better the shift you get. (will gradually weed out the weak when offered 4- midnight with Saturday and Sundays!) More concerned about profits than anything else, wasn't like that in the beginning.
Pros
Cafeteria and Timmies on site, various cultures and diversities hired
Cons
bid for shifts
This Was a Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2019
TD is a great employer and has had numerous awards to prove that. Why am I not there? In a nutshell, my spouse had to relocate. I had actually taken this job because of the relocation, but was unable to act on that when the nature of the job made it a conflict of interest.

I worked as a customer service rep for TD Visa and I was quite good at it, although honestly, I never felt as though I was. I was always extremely nervous for the first 60-75 minutes of my shift for some reason. There was pressure for you to make sales, as well as not failing compliance.

On the sales end, to clarify, it's not as though you were forced to try to make sales, but you were expected to go over and above the customer's need to provide a "legendary experience." Don't get me wrong, that's not a bad thing to provide, but the pressure to provide it was stressful. Admittedly, that's probably a pressure I put on myself as I've always prided myself on my customer service. I don't want to give the impression that they were slave-drivers always pushing for higher numbers. Maybe it would've got that way at some point, or maybe I got lucky with my TM being a great person.

The more stressful aspect of the job itself was meeting compliance. Banking is highly regulated and calls are constantly being pulled to make sure everything is being done properly. That sounds like a good thing, but from a job perspective it gets stressful, especially when the tiniest issue could cause a compliance failure, like saying a word incorrectly or stumbling over your words and not starting over from the beginning of a
  more... sentence. I once failed because I had to update a customer's job title and I chose the best one I could find because there was a better one that required me to search a chart I didn't know existed.

One last thing I should mention is that out of a class of about 18 people, I think I was one of 5 or 6 that lasted past their 90 days. I don't know the reasons that most of them didn't last, but they didn't.

For me, that really was the worst of it which wasn't that bad at all. I know that most of the people who work there love it and with any job, there are things you don't like or people you don't get along with, especially in a company as big as TD. The biggest issue for me was that the corporate atmosphere really wasn't for me. I was good at what I did, but never felt comfortable due to the strict nature of the job. I prefer something a little more laid back, but it certainly wasn't a bad experience in the least.
Pros
Pay and benefits, job security
Cons
The strict nature of the job
Job Experience
IT Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 January 2019
Good Time working there with friends. Great atmosphere. Lots of help when needed and lots of creative ideas that go around in that office. Loved my time there.
productive
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 December 2018
Retail- customers are nice, coworkers are nice.
need to sell products in terms of sales goals and investment potential.
managers will help you in how to make advice
Easyline Telephone Specialist
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 November 2018
Inbound call representative. Customer service but mainly sales. Great training before you are on the phones, but the high pressure sales and metrics were not always easy to achieve. Unfortunate part is that some of the shadier reps were rewarded for high sales, where retention should have been more of a measured metric. Company seemed happy if you were a top seller even though some reps sold only to meet their targets and not based on what was in the best interest of the customer. Very discouraging to see people purposely putting clients who were in a ton a debt into deeper debt to meet their quotas.
Pros
Varied shifts
Cons
Open 365 days, high targets, no time to communicate with peers
High Stress Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 November 2018
I worked here for about a year in the Easyline department. The job was extremely stressful. Calls are back to back with mostly angry, or abusive individuals taking their frustrations out on you. Management pushes sales targets and often unrealistic performance expectations. Everything you do is quantified and converted into a metric and used to rank you amoungst your peers. The pay for the work that you do is not sufficient. In my honest opinion I would suggest that anyone who values their happiness think very carefully about accepting a position. At first glance the benefits are attractive, but the cost to your mental and physical health is not worth it.
Pros
Affordable coverage/insurance
Cons
Ineffective micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K