TD logo

TD Employee Reviews in Langley, BC

Langley, BC3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,791 reviews

Sale based work environment

A typical day at work involved signing into a software, remembering all the many functions it has to offer, building trusting relations with our clients, and eventually trying to upgrade their accounts and visa.

Pros

Point system to track performance

Cons

Not enough hours

Excellent place to learn and grow

TD is a deeply competitive environment, with a corporate culture of inclusion, support, and positive energy. Customer service is at the core of everything learned by the employees, and the support system to help achieve metrics, as well as personal goals is outstanding. There are flawed individuals here and there but the system is designed for success. I never wanted to be a banker, but I'm glad I was given the opportunity. I learned valuable life lessons as well as skills I was able to take with me into other roles.

Pros

Massively Supportive culture

Cons

high pressure environment

professional, sales-focused work environment

During my employment at TD Canada Trust, I have appreciated the dedication to creating personal and positive customer experiences. I have managed to maintain good, professional relationships with customers as they share details of their lives with me. At the same time, getting to know their financial situations, I have developed the skills to make recommendations for credit products etc that I feel would be the most beneficial to them. My TD branch is very professional, with a handful of managers who are much older than I am. They have passed their experiences and insight down to me, which has been very helpful. Since my position at TD is technically "casual", the limited hours have made it a little more difficult to solidify close relationships with my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customers who take their anger and frustration out on me; however, years of customer service experience have helped me to have uncomfortable conversations and do well to make sure customers understand policies and procedures even if they don't agree with them. The best part of my job is having customers open up to me and tell me about their lives. I have heard many happy stories as well as tragedies and troubles from customers. It is very humbling to have someone trust me with their emotions and life events and talk to me and at the end, tell me that I have helped them in some way.

Jobs at TD