TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,796 reviews

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

Td bank

Td Bank is a good place to work , but the managers you work for make a big difference. the demand to exceed expectation. the company does reward its employees for hard work . TD provide on going training to the emplyees.

A great place to work at and advance in your career.

I love working at TD Canada Trust. I have grown exponentially over these years i have been with TD. I have learnt on how to be more proactive and always looking for opportunities. The hardest part of the job was a lot of follow up within different TD departments while working on a deal. Most enjoyable part was my colleagues and some customers with whom i have a personal connection now :)

Td

Similar to most banks, good hours friendly colleagues, supportive. Overall I would be happy to work there again if the opportunity arose.

Fsr

The company is good, however management does not care so much of their employees. It's all about pushing products and services to customers.

productive workplace working in a positive environment

Working at TD helped me build my self confidence and learn about new products and working to understand and fulfill customer needs to the best of my ability.

Pros

positive work environment

Cons

Poor training

Tv in lunch room

Mangers need to take more LMS courses on how to be good managers, most mangers are just people who have been there long enough.

It is good place to work if you have good manager. Good benefits and vacation time. Learned a great customer service with legendary experience. Worked in fast paced environment with dead lines. And doing things first time right. Management is very transparent. Work as a team with coworkers. Good atmosphere with work-life balance.

Pros

good benefits, work-life balance

Cons

Stressful to track your everyday work.

Great, down to earth people to work with...

Help customers with day to day banking transactions Balance cash Open and Close procedures Great people to work with Room for advancement, management supports if you would like to get your mutual funds license.

Cons

Pay could be better

Great work life balance

Very understanding of personal issues. Very fun work environment. Overall good company. Very low on salary side but has opportunity to advance. Can be political and unorganized sometimes

Jobs at TD

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

overall good

great place to work just not up to par compared to other financial institutions. hard when you work 4 hour shifts part time 5 days a week they are not as good as other FI i worked for in the past

Pros

flexable

Cons

time shift hours hourly wage part time

Nice Co-workers

TD is a decent place to start. Although it is low paying as compared to the other bank industries. Customers can be nice, most can be rude when it comes to money. Management had some issues, due to the fact that my Branch Manager had a grudge against my Manager of Customer Service which made it difficult to work. I also had found it difficult to move up within the company. The position of CSR is really sales based with no commission, you must meet a quarterly goal which is heavily based on selling.

Pros

Nice Co-workers

Cons

Sales based position while attending to customer needs

Multi tasks

Focus on productivety,Always fun at work,great compnay to work with,good team,room to learn different task ,give you freedom of work

Pros

free coffee

High volum of work and professional driven

working and updated mortgages with the reports received. call with the solicitors and partners

What I've learned

At TD Canada Trust, where I was a customer service representative, my role was to help clients perform variety of banking activities such as paying bills, basic withdrawals and deposits, currency exchanges, electronic fund transfers, account closures, verifying, releasing and holding cheques, etc. Besides of that, I would also offer personal finance advice such as providing guidance for opening TFSA's, RRSP's, RESP's, mortgage applications and lines of credit. Additionally, generating referrals for financial advisers and meeting quality excellence targets to maximize revenue generating opportunities at the branch level. At TD, I was granted customer service award and exceeded the quarter sales target.

Great Benefits

Excellent Management who cares about every employee. Recognition for your work Help to save money for the future. TD has Pension plan.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

work weekends

Overall, OK

TD overall is an alright place to work. Depending on your branch or location it may vary but, it can be stressful. Training is not the best and could use some enhancing.

Great place to work, but only limited to casual employment.

A typical day of work starts at 8 a.m. I learned to utilize a complicated computer program to the best for my client's financial needs. Management was cheery, but demanding in that we always rely on their final judgement. This was actually good overall as responsibilities have to be made for any misjudgemnts or mistakes on our part. I loved my co-workers especailly my former Maagers of Customer Service. However, there severpersons moving onto to other jobs now and the transition is a little strenuous. The hardest part of my job is realizing that alot of people do not enjoy banking and that often leads to negative interactions. May I mention...this happened little in my own work days. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the public and as a BSc in Psycology I have a definite interst in others' well being.

Pros

Jeans on Fridays

Cons

Not being able to move into more responsibities due to casual hours.

Stressful but customers make it managable.

A typical day would be going to work for 8 hours, with co workers who are trying to compete against you for sales revenue since the goals recently increased a large amount. Management is supportive to a fault. They want high sales numbers to report to head office and they talk about the goals daily. The hardest part would be trying to create good customer service meanwhile trying to sell products and get through the line in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part would be the connections made with the customers, some of the connections go outside of work and friendships grow. I have learnt that the line will always be there, if you rush people they're not going to feel appreciated. It's better to take the extra minute and make sure that they are properly looked after and happy.

Pros

Free chequings account, better rate on mortages and loans

Cons

Stressful, High turn over

Sometimes stressful

This job sometimes stressful; mainly because there is not fixed schedule for full time employee. I have different schedule every day.

Daily Duties

Servicing my clients with their banking needs. I learned that todays need is tomorrows lead basically meaning that clients come in thinking they need something specific, it is my job to uncover better or more oppurtunities for them to help them reach their goals. Co-workers are wonderful - very supportive and kind. Management is incredible, she is very understanding and supportive. Hardest part of the job is the administrative or clerical work, a lot of detail and a lot of rules to follow. Most enjoyable is developing relationships with everyone I meet and learning about people from all different types of backgrounds

2.7K