TD logo
TD
Happiness score is 54 out of 100Below average

TD Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,796 reviews

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

I learnt a lot during my time with TD so for me it was the best learning experience

I left working with TD back in 2005 when I relocated to india. I got back after many years and I find that there is not so much growth as far as the salary is concerned.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Great Growth Opportunities, Everyone treated equal with no discrimination, Employees compensated decently with ample opportunities to grow within the company.

Low pay

Training is a nightmare, expectations are high and they are very uneven about following through on stuff. They ask a lot of the staff for the money they give. - limited opportunities to advance - not compensated fairly based on performance vacation time off is hard to get if you are not in the first bucket to choose. a very selfish management team Manager is very biased. They promote whoever they like . pretty and handsome .

Cons

office politics, drama

A great work culture

Overall, TD provides a great training system to allow newcomers to learn and to get used to their work culture and systems. I have to say that TD is a fantastic place for students to start and to experience what business is like.

Pros

Great experience

Cons

Low salary wage comparing to the amount of efforts that you put in

Friendly

Great place to work and build new relationships. Focus on your needs and try to help the best the can. Family-like atmosphere and a very comfortable place to work.

Pros

Friednly work place

Cons

Office is far away

Goal Pressure

Too much pressure put into employees with very high level of goals set--does not depend in the economy, just depends all in the numbers. Hardest part of the job is the career advancement, and very low salary.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

no guaranteed hours, too much pressure

horrible company / worse to bank with

I was let go due to unresolved health concerns even though I was told my three doctors appointments were fine, was never given a warning, and my two ultrasounds were fine. Four days later I was diagnosed with IBS It took 2 and a half months to train me on the most simple tasks, because their training was sloppy and disorganized, half the time they made you sit around and watch things they knew you wouldn't understand and to not take notes Then you would get yelled at for not taking notes Then you would because you did 7-3 once a week, 9-5 3-11.... no overtime paid, I didn't get benefits Other employees claimed to be underpaid and not have had a raise in three to five years and they worked their butts off Prepare for a headache

Pros

free food

Cons

everything

Growth within organization

With assistance of management, its is possible of heightened success within the organization. The company supplys endless support for all individuals.

A good place to work for if you work with the right people

It was a nice job to have while in school. They were great with providing hours to work around your schedule and everyone was very nice. The pay was alright and benefits were good.

Jobs at TD

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

Best place for university students to work

Working at TD you get paid better than other customer service jobs, it's a nice work environment, very professional but fun aswell. Alot of incentives

Pros

good pay, good hours, respectable place, fun office activities, incentives and rewards

Cons

if you struggle with selling then this is not the job for you, if selling comes easy to you then you will def reap the rewards for your sales, very customer service focused, your customer service is measured and bonus is dependent on sales and customer service

flexibility

A well organized work process, ability to organize my day and achieve daily productivity bench marks required. Quality of work done is in high priority followed by customer satisfaction.

Pros

flexible work hours

Cons

pressure on productivity

no just no the job wasn't good i would not recommend it was a bad experience.From the start management was very disprectful. Horrible work life balance. Dont waste your time

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

not a good place

The goals given to CSR are not achievable and change depending on actual hours worked versus what scheduled. Lots of pressure from management team of all levels. Not a great experience.

Great starting position

Great place to get valuable customer service skills that is transferable to all employers. The opportunity for growth is present if sales targets and an exceptional experience, that stands out from the rest, is a trait that you posses.

Excellent

A fantastic positive team environment that aided in your personal learning and advancement within the company. This was one of the best places I have worked.

Pros

Positive culture

Cons

shift hours

TD Insurance Claim

Having experienced roles across multiple departments - from Wealth Management to Credit Cards to TD Insurance, where focus is on achieving cost efficiencies by: 1. Reducing workforce - laying off over 40 people last year in one department alone 2. Increasing the workload on frontline "colleagues" to unmanageable levels and setting unachievable goals - processing of over 200 claims per claims analyst, which results in severage pay cost avoidance when "colleagues" quit, 3. Freezing compensation and forcing overtime - resulting an increase in number of employees on stress leaves, followed by an increase in long-term disability deductible from paycheques to unprecented levels, currently at over $400 per month, and 4. Minimizing customers' claim payouts to reduce claims costs and improve profitability at the expense of poor customer experience as demonstrated by missing Net Promoter Scores

Excellent learning experience

Advancement is heavily reliant on management support not numbers and performance. Not excited for where the future of the company is moving. Less client focused more profit focused.

Pros

Excellent Learning opportunity

Cons

Rotating hours, evenings and weekends

fun work place

everything is fun and easy going, friendly work environment where everyone is accepted. customers are always very happy, and our main goal is to strive to be a better bank.

Flexible hours lots of learning of business industry and small business exposure. Culture is fast paced and most enjooyable part of job is meeting with clients.

benefits

Cons

low pay

Contract

Straight forward, friendly colleagues. Often processing, not taxing, sometimes very quiet but enough to keep busy. Overall an enjoyable experience, not enough space for progression

2.7K