TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Work-life balance

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,750 reviews

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

Just Disappointed

TD Financial Planning used to be a good place to have a career. They have made such significant changes to comp and practice structure that is no longer the case. Now you spend most of your time begging clients for good lei surveys than doing your actual job. God forbid you get a poor one for ANY reason. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars. Have had mistakes on my comp 4 times in the last year. Always in banks favor. Have to fight for what I am actually owed. Senior management views us as nothing.

Cons

Overworked, pay changes

poor salary rate, no support for growth.

TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..

Proceed with caution

If you are looking for a place to clock in, clock out and just make a paycheck then this is the place for you. Your day to day for most roles is the same, management isn't well trained or supported to be able to provide you support for growth, and truly the only way to grow at TD is who you know and not what you know or even what you have done. The staff that are on the same level as you are great always enjoyed co-workers.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of support or care for you as an employee or an individual

Service oriented and friendly place.

A fairly accommodating staff and colleagues are friendly. Supervisors supportive of staff with positive attitude Sales focused staff are well rewarded

Pros

Lots of challenges to win stuff for sales

Cons

Shifts are not necessarily fairly distributes amongst staff at times

Under Paid

I loved the people and the location, we got every weekend off but the amount of pressure that was put on us and the stress was not worth the pay that we got.

Not much fun at all

Understanding of employee needs not there at all. The favourites get on. Coaching and training not adequate to do job properly. Too much push for sales instead of focusing on customer needs.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

Working long days to catch up

Great work environment

TD is very inclusive and a great environment to work in. We work for the benefits of the client and not the bank. Great leadership and growing opportunities.

Productive and fun workplace with pool table in the lunch room.

Excellent work place and opportunity of career advancement. Competitive environment. Great team work. Managers and team leads are very supportive and helpful.

N/a

Good learning experience, job is not difficult, people are friendly, work environment is also good. Recommended for new graduates/with little experience people to apply for.

Jobs at TD

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

good working environment

I like to work for TD. They offer a competitive salary. They treat workers as a family and people are helping each other. I leave TD just because I want to change my career from business to IT. It is an amazing workplace.

TD Experience

So much emphasis on sales. Work environment and colleagues is fairly okay but they can do better. Pay package could also be better than what they currently offer.

One of the best jobs of my life

I worked at CAS - credit administration services and I was an underwriter. Loved it! Such an easy job! Only there for a year as I was pregnant and then family commitments couldn’t allow me to go back after mat leave. I would go back in a heartbeat if I had a chance

Not a very healthy work environment

To move up you have to be friends with manager if not then it’s hard to move. Overtime’s are not paid and there is very less work life balance. You take work stress home always

worst manager, worst working culture, high target, stupid bank

One of the worst Banking to work in Canada, I happened to work with one of the worst managers that micromanaging staff. Working seven days in a week, crazy set of people.

A great place

An interesting workplace with great people, a typical day starts with meeting amazing clients and resolving issues to achieve a legendary experience . An interesting workplace. A day starts with meeting amazing clients and resolving issues to achieve a GOOD experience

Great Diversity

excellent bank with really good training and friendly and emphatic management. could do a bit better in regards to compensation but all in all a great place to work!

A company with high growth prospect

The company is one with a hvery high growth prospect with high level of diversity and inclusiveness. The work life is also very commendable. I will recommend the company over and over again.

Was pleased

It’s a great atmosphere and friendly day to day interaction with coworkers and customers. You also need to be patient person with customers and be helpful to them and making them feel number one and important to the company

Not worth it

This branch is open 7 days a week so your schedules are soo up and down. No consistency, therefore you have no life outside of work and also good luck trying to fit a part time job around this schedule. I was hired as a Senior FA and half of my day is spent upfront on the teller line. Even though our branch is fully staffed but they want the line to go down quickly. We only get 30 min lunches and no ones takes any 15 min breaks because there is always a line and customers come first. If you get asked to help a client while on your lunch you don't get to take your lunch later you just miss it completely.

Fun place to work

Great place to work, friendly colleagues and good team building activities in place, managers always move around to check on the staff in their team which serves to lift team spirit

Pros

Team Building activities

Cons

Shift

2.7K