TD

TD Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB118 reviews

Found 118 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,274 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Fun place to work, fast paced, good manager and teams

TD is a good place to work. Fun , fast paced and good management system. Pay could have been better, though I am on a contract job, pay varies from individual and we all do the same job. TD should set a min wage for agencies to pay their contractors

Good atmosphere, relaxed and modern with good office amenities

Good mix of people to work with, helpful coworkers and good way to gain confidence in customer service. Unfortunately upper management is too aggressive with target setting and push staff to push products on clients that they do not need or are not suitable, they deny this but on more than one occasion customers would receive products such as credit cards or lines of credit they never applied for.

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Rush job with poor management

Horrible culture, cliques and if your not part of it they will treat you like excrement. Poor management, little experience in leadership and conflict management. Try to see everything under the rug. Jump to the next job as fast as you can.

Run away

Run away toxic workplace. Terrible culture. You won't get promoted, even if yur good. Nothing matters at this upsidedown place. Very very very toxic place to work.

the hardest part of the job

The TD working culture is very competitive. Lots of competition between you and your team. It is also hard for you to find a work-life balance when you move into a higher position.

Good employer but tough dealing with so many angry customers

You’ll work with great people. Lots of turnaround though you can work with a whole new team every few months. You learn alot and have opportunity to grow further in the company.

Pros

Good corporate culture good benefits

Cons

Pay isn’t much for what you do. Lots of irate customers.

Fun workplace

Very good company I really appreciated everything and the work environment paid well and respect everyone opinions and there is no discrimination to anyone

Flexible hours and great environment

Work life is balance because it's flexible hours and good benefit. Managers are toxic and lack experience. Pay is really low for a start but they increase the pay after probation

Pros

Nice team

Cons

Terrible managers

Overall is not bad

I learned al lot...It depends on the branch and management team you are working for. Currently I have a very good team, so I feel I am valued.........

Productive.

Great learning place, helps to build your confidence.Benefits are really good. You can progress in your career if you focus and work hard. Overall, it’s a great place to work.

Pros

Benefits, flexibility.

Championing Innovation and Transformation

Independently acknowledges and identifies opportunity to support work in multiple functions when able; accepts and handles uncertainty ; brings in own perspective to the change ; responds quickly to changing circumstances ; encourages and supports the generation of ideas ; is adaptable to implement process improvements .

Pros

Free lunches and every month free food from restaurants and organized part with theme

Cons

early morning opening and sometime needs to stay longer for closing as well

the work environment is races

the work environment is races I feel not comfort to work with them especially the managers was so races I will not recommend anyone to work at TD. They are so cheap

Pros

so cheap

Cons

bad shift

Just Disappointed

TD Financial Planning used to be a good place to have a career. They have made such significant changes to comp and practice structure that is no longer the case. Now you spend most of your time begging clients for good lei surveys than doing your actual job. God forbid you get a poor one for ANY reason. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars. Have had mistakes on my comp 4 times in the last year. Always in banks favor. Have to fight for what I am actually owed. Senior management views us as nothing.

Cons

Overworked, pay changes

Employment Stability with potential for growth

Started with TD Bank in 1982. Have had the opportunity to grow within the company. Started with a Salary of $25,000 a year. Took a leap of faith in 2012, leaving a salary of $75,000 a year to a straight commission role. The team and management support is fantastic, allowing me to become one of the best within 2 years of my current role, going on 9 years. The opportunity is there for increase of substantial income, it’s really up to oneself. Very rewarding to help people succeed with their dreams becoming homeowners.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

A lot of paperwork at times

poor salary rate, no support for growth.

TD OFFERS VERY POOR salary rate. No support or room for growth. They will rather hire outside than help and support current employees to be promoted within. They really push employees hard on score card and cxs reviews but not willing offer support for employees to grow..

Proceed with caution

If you are looking for a place to clock in, clock out and just make a paycheck then this is the place for you. Your day to day for most roles is the same, management isn't well trained or supported to be able to provide you support for growth, and truly the only way to grow at TD is who you know and not what you know or even what you have done. The staff that are on the same level as you are great always enjoyed co-workers.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of support or care for you as an employee or an individual

Service oriented and friendly place.

A fairly accommodating staff and colleagues are friendly. Supervisors supportive of staff with positive attitude Sales focused staff are well rewarded

Pros

Lots of challenges to win stuff for sales

Cons

Shifts are not necessarily fairly distributes amongst staff at times

Under Paid

I loved the people and the location, we got every weekend off but the amount of pressure that was put on us and the stress was not worth the pay that we got.

Not much fun at all

Understanding of employee needs not there at all. The favourites get on. Coaching and training not adequate to do job properly. Too much push for sales instead of focusing on customer needs.

Pros

Discounts on products

Cons

Working long days to catch up

Great work environment

TD is very inclusive and a great environment to work in. We work for the benefits of the client and not the bank. Great leadership and growing opportunities.

Productive and fun workplace with pool table in the lunch room.

Excellent work place and opportunity of career advancement. Competitive environment. Great team work. Managers and team leads are very supportive and helpful.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement