TD

TD Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB106 reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,274 reviews
bankingcanadabranchfinancialbalanceculturesalelegendary

Fair pay, but managers are too much sale driven

Pay is a bit higher than other banks in exchange of high sell targets. The whole company culture is sell sell sell, they are great for clients, not so much for employees.

Good starter job

Poor salary, weekend workAlways be pushed for more- sales even though you are a serviceI worked there for just 1 yr as a tellerEverybody left working there when I was there

Insights into TD

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Good

Good place to work for. They are supportiveand lots of opportunities for growth. You must be determined to work hard and focused on where you see yourself

Good salary and benefits

Fulfilling. Lots to learn but they have great tools and resources. Lots of room and opportunity for moving up. 7 day banking is great for students and part time work.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Extended hours and 7 day banking

Great benefits. Job security

My first year I really enjoyed working there. Had great colleagues and managers. A new manager came in and and everyone wants one. This manager will cost TD lots of employees.

Pros

Job security Benefits Sick pay days

Cons

Some managers discriminate No work and life balance Pressure for sales

great place for clients, worst for employees

work-life balance doesn't exist in retail banking at TD. Your schedule is flexible, by flexible I mean every day is different, you have to check your schedule literally every day before work. Lowest pay among banks. The benefits are good. Small branches suffer the most, no support from the management, and there are not enough employees in retail banking, management will squeeze employees to stay open

benefits

Cons

long hours, short-staffed, low pay, no support from the management

challenging

it can be challenging at times, you need to be friends with management. Coaching is not very well organized, as they do not coach you on procedures, they try to teach how to talk to people.

There is no loyalty from the overlords. Your direct superior is usually good but decisions about your life are not made by them.

Hated working for TD. They treat people like numbers. The expectations of how you interact with your clients reminds me of when I managed restaurants and we had to train new 16yr old hostesses. All they care about is numbers and they always find ways to pay their people less. Do not work here.

Pros

some small perks in day to day banking

Cons

a long list

Very bad environment

There is too much politics in the workplace that you don’t see.Bank has a huge turnover rate for a reason.The job training is HORRIBLE.The pay is lesser compared with other banks.

Really depends which branch you end up at

Some branches are great, and some suck. It all depends where you end up. If you are looking to move up there are options but the pay upgrade is sad between roles. usually better to hop between banks

Pros

nice team, decent managers

Cons

sometimes bad managers

Cult like environment

Regardless of what position you are in, at bank level, you are treated as a nobody who is expected to meet unrealistic sales goals and tolerate repetitive abuse from clients. While there is room for advancement you are only being moved into a role with not much higher pay, and even higher sales goals that are impossible to meet. Very cult like environment. They want you to drink the green kool aid.

Corporate

great place with a ton of opportunities, theres many jobs and ladders available to climb your way to success. I enjoy the different locations of the banks.

Fast paced

A lot of learning on the job more than adequate process training. Branch culture is heavily reliant on the Branch Manager as opposed to organisational culture

good experience

very good experience, much to learn. Learned lots about banking and banking operations and products as well. People are nice and friendly. Will recommend

Productive and fun to work for but with a goal

Working as Customer Service is sometimes fun especially interacting and creating a connection with them. We have to meet a certain goal per period and this is what makes it stressful.

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. no time for you

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. they dont have time for you, nor they have time to discuss your career development. They just give out goals, Top management dont care if the goals are achievable or not. Pushing people for sales, involves no real financial advice. No work life balance. Dont go there if you have a family. May be good for bachelors but that too with lot of pressure.

Good If You Thrive on Sales

I loved my coworkers, and my managers, but overall the job is very sakes driven with large sakes goals even on the front line. It is also stressful with the number of irate customers and possibility of robbery. It wasnt the right environment for me long term but I know many who thrive there.

Great Place to Work

Throughout my university career, I worked there part time. Great management that became my mentors and helped me find a full time job. Work place culture will depend on which branch you are working, overall everyone is very nice and welcoming.

great benefits but low salary compare to other competitive banks.

I worked as FSR/PBA for 1 year. The job is not hard, once you get used to it. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with angry customers and making your goal. I think the beneift is great but salary was lower than other banks.

Fun environment

It was great working here... to start here as a part time and then there is a lot of potential top nice up in there company or gain experience and then explore other companies.

Good place to start.

Good place to start if you don't have any experience in banking. I got promoted within 6 months of joining. The sales target are high, so you have to always be on your toes.

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement