TD logo
TD

TD Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 97 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,794 reviews

Corporate

great place with a ton of opportunities, theres many jobs and ladders available to climb your way to success. I enjoy the different locations of the banks.

Cult like environment

Regardless of what position you are in, at bank level, you are treated as a nobody who is expected to meet unrealistic sales goals and tolerate repetitive abuse from clients. While there is room for advancement you are only being moved into a role with not much higher pay, and even higher sales goals that are impossible to meet. Very cult like environment. They want you to drink the green kool aid.

Fast paced

A lot of learning on the job more than adequate process training. Branch culture is heavily reliant on the Branch Manager as opposed to organisational culture

good experience

very good experience, much to learn. Learned lots about banking and banking operations and products as well. People are nice and friendly. Will recommend

Productive and fun to work for but with a goal

Working as Customer Service is sometimes fun especially interacting and creating a connection with them. We have to meet a certain goal per period and this is what makes it stressful.

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. no time for you

very competitive, short of people, managers are busy. they dont have time for you, nor they have time to discuss your career development. They just give out goals, Top management dont care if the goals are achievable or not. Pushing people for sales, involves no real financial advice. No work life balance. Dont go there if you have a family. May be good for bachelors but that too with lot of pressure.

Good If You Thrive on Sales

I loved my coworkers, and my managers, but overall the job is very sakes driven with large sakes goals even on the front line. It is also stressful with the number of irate customers and possibility of robbery. It wasnt the right environment for me long term but I know many who thrive there.

Great Place to Work

Throughout my university career, I worked there part time. Great management that became my mentors and helped me find a full time job. Work place culture will depend on which branch you are working, overall everyone is very nice and welcoming.

great benefits but low salary compare to other competitive banks.

I worked as FSR/PBA for 1 year. The job is not hard, once you get used to it. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with angry customers and making your goal. I think the beneift is great but salary was lower than other banks.

Fun environment

It was great working here... to start here as a part time and then there is a lot of potential top nice up in there company or gain experience and then explore other companies.

Jobs at TD

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Good place to start.

Good place to start if you don't have any experience in banking. I got promoted within 6 months of joining. The sales target are high, so you have to always be on your toes.

They are steadily erroding their relationship with their employees

Not a good place to work. They are heavy handed about selling their own funds to the detriment of their employees and their clients. Strictly concerned with short term results.

Encouraged Work Life Balance

You could grow in your career and still have a balanced family life. For a mom whose spouse was often overseas for work this was great. Great support from managers.

Pros

Flexible Work Hours

Cons

Sunday Banking.

Upper management fiefdoms

Depending on your branch team and management, you could find yourself working within the fiefdom of some regional and district managers where intimidation and fear is masked as a way of motivation.

Professional Work Environment With Access to Banking Expertise

Balanced work schedule with several different transactions on a day to day basis. The ability to move up in position is available. Great way to build connections in your own personal network.

Pros

High Flexibility

Cons

Low Salary

Horrific summer student experience

Working for the CAT team as a summer student was a horrific experience. We did one week of training and then were hit with a catastrophe. The managers put us all out on the front lines, with limited aid (and we were dealing with people in their biggest time of need!). There was never any positive reinforcement, only the managers getting mad at us for not doing our best when we were putting in 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Most of us had meltdowns almost every week, with no support. If you want to make a lot of money in one summer at the cost of your social life and mental health, it's a great job. However, the managers will bully you into working 7 days a week. Reaching out to HR won't help either. OH! And they can't even provide a reference because it's against TD policy.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

12 hour days, 7 days a week, toxic environment, bad managing

I had a great time

Working for TD as a CSR was great. The pay wasn't much and occasionally you had to deal with rude clients but management always had your back. Regret leaving!

Challenging and everchanging environment

The Merchant Solutions environment is technically challenging, coupled with diverse requirements customized for large-client needs. Providing a highly stable and secure solution is paramount, while deploying innovative responses to disruptive new technologies.

recommend to apply, experience depends on managements and locations

Fun place to work. Everyone brings their passion to work as a team. Flexibility to work at home. Support continue learning. Company focus on brand building and client services.

Pros

work environment, good training

Cons

management team only cares about goals, low pay

good to gain experince

Timings are really good, being a student I could work in the evenings, and also have option to work as a casual, part time. Good place to gain experience.

It was a good job to learn many areas of dealing with public, learning different financial systems and managing many accounting areas. It was a good organization with poor higher management protocols and HR.

Pros

learning skills

Cons

No work life balance

2.7K