TD logo
TD

TD

TD Employee Review

Work culture is terrible

Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Pros

Accommodating to student schedules

Cons

Too much gossiping, popularity contest

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very stressful, management always on your case if you do not sign up enough customers on products, back to back calls.

Td never has enough people hired, customers in ques that are waiting is normally 1000 or more. Always listening to your calls, different departments managers instead of helping like to put bad comments in about you just to make themselves look good. There is a lot of passing the problems with customers onto the wrong departments.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Back to back calls
Same role

Stressful and deceiving

McDonald's would a better place to work. You become what they want you to be not what your talents are and if not they will find a way to make your life horrible.

Pros

Meet some hard workers

Cons

Loose yourself for no reason
Same location

Good way to get your foot in the door.

A good way for young people to get a start in the industry. Guaranteed hours, upward mobility. Kind and yet driven management. Great work culture. Work hard individually and get rewarded. Work hard as a team and get an even better reward.

Pros

Free food, Large Bonuses

Cons

Very late or vary early hours. Stressful.

2.7K