TD logo
TD

TD

TD Employee Review

I honestly do not recommend this company

TD was my first employer in Canada. I appreciate that they gave me the job but overall the company is not recommended. Workload: The workload can be overwhelming. The good part of it is for the job that I had, I do not have to work over time. But I was made super busy during the day. The literally control you as a prisoner. I heard a lot of people have to work overtime a lot. Salary: It is NOT competitive. It is significantly lower than other companies. Sadly a lot of people will still apply to work in TD for the image of job stability. But TD is not a safe place where people constantly get fired. Especially the people in their 50’s to release the space for the new graduates who will get lower salary and more energetic for overtime. The salary is especially low for those who stay with the company for long term. They do not take it as a sign of loyalty and they take advantage of employees who stay in the company for long term. Junior Management: Some junior managers feel so superior than employees and they are not there to support you but to order you to do things for them. There is a quote from a junior manager: “you are paid to do this!” She forgot she is also one of the employees in the company. The horrible part of TD is the transparency of survey. Do not believe if they say the survey is anonymous. They are not, even worse, the senior managers will tell junior mangers about the exact comments from the employees. So if your junior manager is not decent, then you will be in GREAT trouble. I seriously wonder why the survey company can disclose that info. Senior Management: -

1.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

It's a bank

Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.
Same role

Td

Good culture, low pay and good job security. potential to grow and develop with the bank. minimal salary increases every year satisfactory management good HR
Same location

Financial Advisor, overall decent company, but really depends on who your manager is.

Had been with TD for 4 years. Overall, a lot of advancement and career development opportunities. However, the pay is very not competitive, especially for the branch positions. Also, the kind of experience you get depends a lot on who your manager is. For the first 3 years of my time in TD, I had great managers. Mangers who care about me. However, in my 4th year, my manager was just terrible.

Pros

Good career development opportunity

Cons

below average pay and average benefit plan

2.7K
2.6K
1.5K

3.5Job security/advancement

Compare TD with

• TD
  • I honestly do not recommend this company