TD logo
TD

TD

TD Employee Review

High Stress on employees

Through my 25 + years with the Company I have seen huge change take place. I love the client relationship building part of the job, but the most discouraging part of the job is the huge stress that is being placed on all of the employees now-a-days. I have learned a great deal about credit products, investment products & how to deal with different personalities - both with colleagues & clients. I've worked as a senior level/keyholder employee since 1999 with great pride.

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very diverse culture

Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.

Pros

Diversity, organization culture

Cons

Weekend hours n late hours of work
Same role

Fun place to work

TD is a fun place to work. It was one of the first serious jobs I had. It was ideal for that time of my life. But I couldn't sustain a family on those wages.

Pros

Rates on accounts

Cons

low pay
Same location

Work culture is terrible

Working at TD is like a high school popularity contest. I have had managers specifically tell me that they know who will be promoted before a job posting goes up. It is more so about who you know and less about merit. Through my observations, I have realized that there is a lot of bad mouthing that goes on within the company. I have listened to colleagues and managers openly say rude and negative things about other people within a branch or district. It is one thing for a colleague to behave this way, but when management joins in it is extremely unprofessional and sets a bad precedent. Nothing you say is ever kept confidential, even when you are guaranteed so. I had to quit because the place was becoming an extreme burden to my mental health. I thought maybe this culture was limited to the branch I worked at, but through my discussions with employees in other branches, it seems that they have had similar experiences. I will say that branch culture is totally dependant on management, so maybe I was just unlucky.

Pros

Accommodating to student schedules

Cons

Too much gossiping, popularity contest

2.7K