TD Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,507 reviews matching the search See all 5,826 reviews
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
Diverse and forward thinking company
Customer Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2019
TD is an excellent employer, who provides an environment where opportunities to learn and grow are readily available to those who are motivated and have a solid work ethic.
Pros
work/life balance
Nepotism at its finest
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 February 2019
Room for advancement but only if you 1) give up any semblance of your life outside of work to become a "I love TD" zombie or 2) become friends with management. Money is okay though.
Friendly/Casual Work environment
Financial Advisor - Senior Secure Desk Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
TD promotes a friendly work environment with a strong focus on customer experience.
Work Life balance may be a bit difficult due to the 7 days a week work.
I enjoyed the customer interaction
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 February 2019
I enjoyed my position as Manager of Customer Service. I completed scheduling for the 8 Customer Service Rep's and coached and trained on a daily bases. I enjoyed coaching them and celebrating their victories when they succeeded. With over 30 years with TD, I cherish the friendships I have made with staff and customers.
Pros
Educating people
Cons
The demands on staff to up sell TD products
EasyLine Specialist
Easyline Specialist (Former Employee) –  3500 Steeles ave17 February 2019
You must have strong proficiency with navigating through a computer and the ability to multitask. We use 5 different applications simultaneously and are heavily trained on most of the products and services offered by the bank. Every day has new challenges and opportunities with the caveat of being able to consistently learn something new
Customer Service Clerk, Corsential (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2019
Good place to work, the environment is friendly learned how to work efficiently and the job was well rounded no complaints for the job and everything was superb.
Excellent opportunity for career advancement
IT SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER II (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2019
I worked at TD full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Challenging and fast-paced environment
- Talented and kind individuals

Cons

- Senior management struggle to adapt to changing paradigms
- Promise of change with little/slow/no action

Advice to Management

The people who work at TD are fabulous, but sometimes there are rotten apples that turn a project south, but don't let that sour your perception of TD and the great career opportunity it presents.
Td Canada Trust Easyline
Bilingual Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 February 2019
I loved working there. Big beautiful building located in Markham. Very good in-house training and very user friendly computer systems. Great team of managers and supervisors.
productive and fun envrionment!
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  montreal12 February 2019
The building is beautiful, and the people are nice. They serve lunch and breakfast everyday. It is great for people who love banking. The salaries could be a bit higher.
A great place to work
Project Management - Systems/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
I worked for TD Bank Securities and went through different departments and job titles (all in my resume in detail)
Since main focus was application testing, roll out and support, the last project was done and we were offered a package or 6 months to find a job withing the bank .. but like many others I chose the package
Pros
All great
Typical day at work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2019
Arriving early to branch and helping clients with financial questions or needs. Trying to fulfill sales goals. Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with client of different cultures
Cons
Long hours and working Saturdays
No Help
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 February 2019
My go to manager would never help me advance my career. They would always tell me the negative things that I did wrong never anything good. The job was a complete nightmare and headache
Pros
Co workers
Horrific summer student experience
Catastrophe Claims Analyst: Calgary Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2019
Working for the CAT team as a summer student was a horrific experience. We did one week of training and then were hit with a catastrophe. The managers put us all out on the front lines, with limited aid (and we were dealing with people in their biggest time of need!). There was never any positive reinforcement, only the managers getting mad at us for not doing our best when we were putting in 12 hour days, 7 days a week.

Most of us had meltdowns almost every week, with no support.

If you want to make a lot of money in one summer at the cost of your social life and mental health, it's a great job. However, the managers will bully you into working 7 days a week. Reaching out to HR won't help either. OH! And they can't even provide a reference because it's against TD policy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
12 hour days, 7 days a week, toxic environment, bad managing
Dry Environment with a lot of stress
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 February 2019
work environment was very bad and a lot of pressure to sell products. management was very weak and I saw most people get promoted through connections.
customer Experience Associate.
Customer Experience Associate. (Current Employee) –  Kitchener7 February 2019
working with such a great team to create LEI for the branch.
Customer problems become our problems and we have to serve them the best. Looking forward for a great tme.
Productive and Fun work place
Solutions Designer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2019
Good place to work and learn. I was working on a Credit application where domain learning has much space and the team was cooperative in terms of discussing about individual ideas.
Average Bank
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2019
Minimal Pay, not much room to advance in career. The culture is pretty good but they expect you to drink that company cool-aid. Most of the poeple i know are over qualified, but pay is garbage.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Bad Pay
Fa
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 February 2019
• Offering sophisticated investment strategy and advise that supports clients goals, timeline, and level of risk
• Deepened understanding of complex mortgages, agricultural lending, Small business lending, and day to day credit facilities
• Working alongside of our Private Bankers, Financial Planners, Small Business Advisors, and Direct Investing specialist to better serve our clients
• Building strong centres of influence within local community to aid in referral business
• Generating and maintaining a pipeline to drive future leads for an organized flow of business
• Handling estate and formal trust accounts regularly
• Detailed knowledge of the benefits of registered products to offer a higher level of advice that meets their objective
Pros
Good Paying and Future Advancement
Cons
Jack of all trades high workload
Flexible, Caring, Supportive Career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 February 2019
A typical day at TD includes ensuring customers daily transactions are taken care of, including: bill payments, deposits and withdrawals. Moreover, helping customers with online banking needs and referring customers to financial advisor's to increase their monetary success.

I have learned a great deal at this job, including: effective time management skills, bank compliance, immense organizational skills, and resolving customer complaints in a professional, positive manner.

The workplace environment is kept positive by management, daily. Managers are very supportive of employees moving to other positions to create a successful future for themselves.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult tasks that are not often dealt with (estate accounts/mortgage payments) but it is most rewarding when one learns how to aid customers in doing these difficult tasks within the branch.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when someone comes in with an issue or complaint, and I am able to solve it, creating a legendary customer experience.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Low Psy
Productive and fun workplace
Credit and Market risk support analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2019
It was good experience working at TD. I have learned and gained experience in lots of technology. My team is very helpful and manager is awesome. Best place to work at.
high pressure
Outbound Financial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2019
excellent training program for new employees.
Very high pressure sales for employees in call centre environment.
Support was available for employees, but ultimately the job was presented as a customer service role but was in fact a high pressure sales role. Sales were expected on all calls and minimum sales goals were often unattainable by at least half of the staff on any given day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K