TD Bank Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC17 June 2018
TD promotes inclusiveness, I am happy to go to work, I have the support that I need from my manager. The company encourages work life balance. Overall its a fun place to work
Pros
great benefits
Cons
30 min lunch break
very social work place
Customer Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leduc, Alberta, Canada15 June 2018
Friendly and helpful team. A typical day at TD Bank is very busy, especially around month end. But it is enjoyable as you get to meet people all day long and it makes the day go by fast. The Management team is always very supportive.
Good IT business
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2018
Many changes for TDI Insurance a partner to TD Bank, lots of changes since TD Bank purchased TDI.
Lots of turn around for employees, not always fun place to work.
amazing job love it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 June 2018
they have a great work life balance, the managers care about you. The work is challenging but not impossible. there is room for advancment if you play your cards right.
Pros
work advancement, pay, benefits, work life valance
Cons
strict
Great place to learn
Insurance Sales & Advice Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 June 2018
I believe TD is a great place to expand your knowledge, and understand the inner workings of the Finance & Banking industry. Working at the tenth largest bank in the world, you really get a unique view of banking in Canada and the world. The experience I've gained here is unmatched.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 June 2018
TD is like family. Everyone makes you feel welcomed and appreciated. A typical work day is fast pace but fulfilling. Everyday there is a learning opportunity just around the corner. Management was always welcoming, supportive, fun and respectful while making sure all aspects of our interactions and services were done in a professional manner. TD's culture is the best I have experienced in the last 4 years that I worked in the banking industry.

Some times of the day are busier than others, and management always was there to help us out solve more complex transactions or customer request.

Opportunities for growth and learning were always encourage; in fact, they help you build your career if you are interested in more advanced positions within the company.

The most enjoyable part of working for TD is their amazing support team, to me, having great coworkers is very important, as you get to share most of your day working with them. It makes work fun! and like I said before, TD feels like family.

The company offers great benefits and fair compensation as well.
Pros
Awesome coworkers and Culture
Solid foundation
Senior Leadership Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
TD is a great place to work and there are alot of great leaders imbedded in the middle management looking for the opportunity to grow and lead. Current leadership has changed the direction of the mandate and it seems to be causing some challenges in regaining the people centric culture. Though I believe it will find it's way back since the people that drive the success of the bank will make a difference.
Pros
Great Benefits, Diverse culture
Cons
Long Hours, Inefficiencies in process
Good overall
Intermediate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Good place to work overall. TD needs to be more competitive with its salary. Otherwise the people and management that work here are great. It's a good place to start your career.
Pros
work life balance and corporate culture
Cons
Low pay in comparison to other banks
Fun place to work during university years
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2018
It really depends on which branch you work at and if your managers are nice/encouraging. TD as a whole company is obsessed with the bottom line and cut cost on a lot of stuff. Letting go/early retirement sprees are often the case to cut cost as well. But the branch I worked at was fun and relaxed. Always had fun coming to work even though some customers can get irate and yell.

Benefits were amazing and growth opportunity is available only to those who sell a lot and make goals/suck up to the BM enough.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
sales/goals driven
Operational Risk Officer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 June 2018
TD was a great place to work for, as a big company, TD has very good compensation and benefit package. I gained some banking experience at TD. Workplace culture is very family oriented. The hardest part of the job is to meet the cut off time but there are lots of co-workers willing to help and everybody work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers and it feels like home.
My Experience At TD Bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2018
TD Bank was my second employer right after McDonald. Big change but i enjoyed it. I was only 19 years old when i started with TD and felt proud to be working in a bank a such a young age. The team at the time was amazing, they made it very easy to blend in. I left after my maternity leave to start college.
Ba
Business Systems Analyst/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Good company to work for and provides great work life balance. Great people and good support from Managers.
It would be good opportunity to work for them again.
Pros and Cons
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 June 2018
Vast company with several departments for job advancement if you are mobile. However, as the banks increasingly become digitally based, job security is unpredictable. The hours our great for work/life balance; however, being constantly understaffed results in longer work days and heavier work loads.

Salary could be greatly improved. Pay does not equal the risk and responsibilities and expectations that pertain to this position. Company seems to concern itself with $$ rather than the individual working for them.
Pros
Hours of operation, great starter job
Cons
Constantly Short Staffed, Working Longer than Scheduled, No overtime pay, Salary does not match responsibility
day-to-day banking transactions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2018
as a customer service representative, it was my job to assist customers with their day-to-day banking needs. things like bill payments, cash deposits, wire transfers, and problem resolution made up a good part of my daily activities.
Great place to build experience and learn many skill sets
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 June 2018
Competitive
Communication

Some Job Responsibilities as a Manager of Customer Service:

-Managed and motivated 16 employee’s to do their daily job duties

-Scheduled weekly one on one and group coaching sessions to go over performance and learning plans with employee’s

-Developed tracking and excel spreadsheets to monitor and track employee and branch progress

-Provided support to Sales and Service teams in a retail banking environment
Cons
Lack of support
A company you can grow in
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
TD provides you with all the tools and mentor ship needed to succeed. Its an organization with where possibilities are abundant. As long as you work hard there's no telling how far you can go. Toughest part is at you start right at the bottom and there is a steep climb
Pros
Free lunches, contests, gifts
Cons
if your not fond of customer service
High Stress Low Pay
Customer Service Lead (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 June 2018
The expectations are extremely high for a low paying job. In order to advance you must be willing to go against your own self beliefs and standards. You can only stay so long without jeopardizing your own integrity.
advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON3 June 2018
You have to sale your heart out to get anywhere at TD. Bad management. Hire wrong people for management and sales. Do not support the employee when a customer is threatening them. (had one threaten my life and no police were called).
Great Company Culture
Financial Advisor Sep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2018
Great Culture, great people to be working with. Close workplace relationships, good employee benefit. However, stressful and demanding goals, average pay and toughest work hours among all Canadian Banks.
Pros
Close workplace relationships
Cons
Stressful Goals
Great Company to Work For
TECHNOLOGY TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2018
Management over the past few years has been rocky but the staff is generally very fun to work with and salary is pretty par for the industry. Would recommend for anyone who is self-directed.