TD
TD Bank

TD Employee Reviews

Found 3,412 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TD selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
TD is a great place to work. If have to be a productive and challenging. Career advancement is competitive and challenging. Reference is a very powerful tools for Career advancement.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Flexible hours
Organizational culture is very welcoming. Moreover the training programs help to learn more abt the Organization for better acceptance of employees. Interactive job.
Pros
Diversity, organization culture
Cons
Weekend hours n late hours of work
Expect a manger to always be on you for more regardless of what you're doing, or if there is a pandemic. Sales targets have not changed at all from the pandemic. I have to explain to managers during a lockdown why we don't have more sales then last year... that is how smart your people manager will be.
Pros
Paycheck comes on time
Cons
Stressful environment. Unrealistic targets. You will be asked to do a lot that is not your job
You really have to know someone to move up. Every advancement has to be done via interview unless you know someone. Most recently, I was overlooked for an internal promotion and it was given to an external candidate. Their reason when I asked was because I didn't express any interest, when in fact I did and was the most senior at the time and next in line for that position. The only thing that I strongly believe prevented me was that I was 6 months pregnant at the time.
Cons
Long hours, office politics
Spent 1.5 years at TD, got moved from the role I was hired for into a role I had absolutely nothing to do with. This happened due to re-structuring. Leadership likes fluffy decks, make work projects. Found no real purpose for myself. Everyone around me was dissatisfied and didn't have a sense of purpose, seemed like they were all comfortable doing nothing and just showing up for work. Management is largely micro managing, there is absolutely no empowerment, people don't like to be questioned. This mainly applies to corporate functions and things are totally different in the retail and retail support functions. Bad experience so I took the highway and now work elsewhere.
Pros
Retail business
Cons
Corporate side
The overall feel of the job changes with management. Under the "right" management, the branch can be a great environment to be part of. As a company, TD promotes a "bring your whole self to work" principle. The acceptance of this principle varies from branch to branch. Depending on the management team, you may experience a lot of micromanagement and lack of trust, even though you have been doing the job for several years with no issues. Many people at the branch I work at are not happy and looking for other work because they don't feel valued.
Cons
Cannot talk to management about issues. They do not want to hear your opinions or ideas.
TD Financial Planning used to be a good place to have a career. They have made such significant changes to comp and practice structure that is no longer the case. Now you spend most of your time begging clients for good lei surveys than doing your actual job. God forbid you get a poor one for ANY reason. It costs you tens of thousands of dollars. Have had mistakes on my comp 4 times in the last year. Always in banks favor. Have to fight for what I am actually owed. Senior management views us as nothing.
Cons
Overworked, pay changes
Overall good company culture, socially responsible (LGBTQ2+, environment) but you have to really push for advancement. Entry-level can be really sales focused.
Pros
Earning bonus
Cons
Advancement hard
Good Training, good and supportive colleagues, stressful and consistent changing KPIs. Summarily, it is a good place to work and also depending on the job type and level,
The managers are always willing to support your growth. Managers performance is tied to the performance of every single individual in the branch. So they are always looking out for you to succeed
Pros
Fast growth opportunities if you are flexible
Cons
Long hour during Thursdays and Fridays in some branches
TD is a great place to work and I enjoy what I do every single day. I never have the "ugh it's Monday" feeling. My managers have been very supportive and accommodating. If I expressed interest in something, they would go out of their way to help me take on similar tasks.The only con I can think of is its not very easy to get promoted.
Pros
Lots of meaningful work, education reimbursement, performance bonus, stock matching, defined contributions, competitive salary
Cons
Promotions and raises do not come easily
I spent 17 years working for TD in various roles, cities & departments. There was always opportunity for advancement & my leaders were strong 99% of the time.
Pros
Flexible, focused on diversity & inclusion & personal growth
Never again will I work for TD. Management was not good with people. They aren’t for the clients. They push to get goals even though it’s not in the best interest of clients
I worked with TD for a very short time. I worked there through an agency. I discontinued due to Maternity and later moved to a different city. The I had a wonderful learning experience and working experience with TD.
Most retail locations are short staffed, you will be exhausted by day end. You won't have the support you need and will be expected to tough through it. Amazing peers but upper level management is unfit and do not have the leadership skill to provide any meaningful coaching or career advancement. I continually sacrificed my own health and well being for my job and to make sure the job got done. You do get fairly compensated when you are a manager. Benefits are good. When it comes down to it, TD missed the mark for me - they talk to talk but don't walk the walk.
Pros
excellent peers, pay and benefits are fair.
Cons
long hours, short staffed, poor leadership, high pressure
Horrible experience. They pretend that they are people's culture but in reality, they don't care about employees or customers. They push their employees to act unethically to achieve targets. They ask them to sell products that the customer doesn't need or use. They form groups in the branch and be brave enough to say no to one of the managers. Unless you are hungry and you don't have any other job opportunities, don't work at this company.
I had a great time going around branches a d meeting new people. The pay was ok and the company had lot of potential for development. All the branches I visited were supportive and encouraging to move forward
They say we are a family but all they care about is the bottom line. Lots of pressure to reach goals. Causes some employees to do unethical service to reach their goals which is not in the best interest of the clients. Frontline works very hard but management gets all the credit. Frontline gets crumbs. Honesty doesn’t pay, if you are manipulative and dishonest this is the place for you.
Cons
TD is like a banking academy. You learn from them from 2 to 4 years and move to other banks more relaxed duties. I still recommend it even it's hard working but it's compensated
Pros
Once in a while we go for supper
Cons
Yeah
Only worked there for a short period of time and it was on purpose. I couldn't leave fast enough. Such a demanding job and for what? Pay was barely above minimum wage, part time work, and horrible management breathing down your neck pressuring you to upsell everyone. Toxic environment with horrible managers. Pretty shady things I witnessed to say the least. Why I don't bank with them personally....
  1. Employee reviews