TD Bank

TD Bank Employee Reviews

Canada3,311 reviews
Found 3,311 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TD Bank selected this as a representative review
The culture at TD is like no other - they genuinely care about the colleague experience. If you're looking for a new place to start, this is the place to be.
It’s a great place to work. I love my role of Advanced Collections Assistant. It gives me great sense of joy that at the end of my day I was able to help customers get out of debt towards mbna credit card and able to educate them on proper practices that they help them with their other debts. My manger and senior management team is amazing. They have been supportive and encouraging towards my career development.
Pros
Hours of work, ability to work remotely, benefits, my colleagues, supportive management team, training, manager support with career development
Cons
Salary can be a bit higher.
TD Bank is one of the biggest charter bank in Canada with around 80,000.00 employees which include US and Canada employees altogether. It is a good place to learn and achieve your career as you will have a lot of opportunity in different department.
Pros
Many opportunity, many process to learn such as structure and management development etc.
Cons
Need eager to learn and you may upgrade your from time to time
This was production-type job not requiring critical thinking, just "following orders" more like in a car assembly line complementing robots. This simply wasn't for me. People at work, including the Management, were nice though.
Pros
Okay corporate environment for professionals with up to 5 years' experience
Cons
Environment not conducive to creativity
I have worked in the TD Bank Group for almost 3 years. Of the 3 years. 1.5 years in contractor capacity and the remaining half as permanent full time. The department I worked for Chief Accountant department. The entire department as a whole has lots of mature professionals who are willing to help each other and help people in need. My Manager in particular is a gem of all and I'm very much indebted and blessed to work directly under him. I feel everyone should have an opportunity to work under people like him at least once in their lifetime because you come across gems like these very rarely. There is ample to learn at every step with proper guidance and care. Not just my Manager, the team under him were same as him. I also had an opportunity to work with other departments closely and each of them whom I worked has added value in my learning. This is one of the best experiences that I'll remember for a long time to come.
Pros
Learning, guidance, fun, active, constructive feedbacks
Cons
The new Management in Moncton is unbiased.
Good communication of goals and project timeline, close ties to executive stakeholders, regular and productive feedback, encouraging atmosphere. Many subject matter experts were provided to answer questions and guidance.
Pros
Clear goals
Its a good place to work if you are a Full time employee. Management is pretty good. Benefits are too good for employees with wfh, lateral movements. The company pays for individual trainings as well.
Each branch is different. The environment all depends on the specific management at the branch in question. For example, I worked at my branch for 3 years in which we had 1 complete change in the management team and a few other management changes on the way. The first management team I witnessed was amazing. They cared about their employees, built them from the ground up, genuinely wanted them to move up with TD and were very approachable. The new management team were not approachable at all, cared solely about the numbers that the branch is making and did not care for you as a person.
TD is indeed the best place to work and grow! Its warm collaborative culture and numerous opportunities to grow make it a choice for life time for many,
Pros
Flexibility and get the work done freedom any time anywhere
Cons
Hated it there and would not recommend to my worst enemy. Managers try to take vacation hours when it should be charged as time off with pay. Shame on you!!!!!
Pros
Quiting
Cons
Didn't do it sooner
TD was a learning experience In many aspects of my professional life, I learnt many things that I will use moving forward, however there are a few things that the company can work on in relation to compensation and work load Management
Pros
Helpful colleagues
Cons
Certain branches do not have staff to handle client demands
Great environment but might be stressful for an individual with less experience with customer service. It's a fast paced environment. Might come across some great Managers and Advisors who go above and beyond to help you if you're struggling. Overall, it's a great job to have
j'ai pu accomplir plusieurs de mes succès dans cette entreprise. Égalment, rencontrer de formidable employée.
Pros
avantage sociaux
Cons
coupure, favoritisme
Am excellent place to work. I worked with an awesome team. They all made me feel good. If I needed a question answered, there was someone there with an answer for me.
Not much to say other than if you want to work for a big financial institution there really is no difference between any of them. They all operate the same. Resources are limited, everyone is working at 120% capacity.
I worked on the Risk Management side if Enterprise Protect. The people were awful, everyone out for themselves. Management was even worse. They also started hiring a lot more in the US, which is a different work culture. Very few women in senior positions.
great place with a ton of opportunities, theres many jobs and ladders available to climb your way to success. I enjoy the different locations of the banks.
helping customers with basic bank transactions. employees make the job fun, however, when short staffed position can be stressful to maintain quality service.
branch politics is something that is very prevalent; if you have a good manager it makes this job all the much better. however, some managers can make the job difficult and make it difficult to progress within the organization.

typical work day consists of helping customers with deposits, accounts and credit card applications etc.
Work experience varies between relaxed and hectic depending on phase of project, experience of manager, importance of program. I had several different managers over the years, some were good, some were not.
The company gave us the opportunity to learn and explore new initiatives. This overall boosted the employee moral. The management was very supportive.
Look. If you're searching for a company:
- That truly cares about you, where their culture and acceptance are simply amazing

- Where you have one of the best benefit plans, and fair salary,

- Where their structure is oriented into making your part-time student job into a carreer

- That prioritizes customer experience over sales

... TD is the choice you want to make.

They spend millions of dollars every years into the happiness and wellness of their employees.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits, super environement, lots of culture, business structure oriented towards wellness of employees, flexible hours, student-friendly model, comprehensiveness
Cons
Repetitive situations, depending on your job