TD Bank Employee Reviews

Good pay but stressful work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2018
I worked for TD bank for over 2 years. The work is stressful, dealing with back to back calls. The managers usually don't know how to manage, they only got the position because of connections and they push for unrealistic expectations onto their team members. The first year you work hard because you are promised promotion when your year is over, but after the year you quickly realize how difficult it is to post out to another area due to competition and other factors. The management is corrupt-they preach equality, fairness, blah blah blah, but in reality it is all about connections and politics. The atmosphere is toxic, is very much like high school-it's all about who you know, being a yes person, and never questioning anything.

Decent pay but not worth the stress. Apply for other jobs, you can probably get the same pay elsewhere.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management, stressful environment
good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 October 2018
TD Canada Trust is the personal, small business and commercial banking operation of the Toronto-Dominion Bank in Canada. TD Canada Trust offers a range of financial services and products to more than 10 million Canadian customers through more than 1,100 branches and 2,600 "Green Machine" ATM
TD Canada Trust
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON10 October 2018
Great company to work in. Staff and management are amazing.
A positive work place, with a supportive team.
Working there i have learned and gained many skills such as communication, ability to adapt quickly and work well under pressure.
fun place to work and could learn a lot of skill sets
Sr. QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Its a great place to work. I was able to learn customer service skills along with gaining banking experience. I was able to have a flexible schedule so that I could complete my certifications
productive
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
The management team cares more about themselves and no one else. People will backstab you in order to grow and make you look bad. Selfish and unethical environment.
Pros
bonus
Cons
lagging growth
It's what you make out of it.
Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2018
Demanding roles and under developed supervisors and management. The company is great, opportunities are many, however with a lot of movement comes bad management. If they decide to get rid of you to meet their financial budgets, they may.. I was well within my sales targets and was laid off with 20 others just to meet the divisions budget targets. They hired back and paid for new hires the following year. No sense, no concern for individuals. Just bad management.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Job Security.
Customer Service Representative
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 October 2018
Overall a decent job. The pay was a little low and there is an expectation to sell products & services even if the customer does not need them. Salse are the bottom line and you have to perform. In the last few years TD does not hire any full time positions only part time.
Pros
Meet nice clients
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Overall a pretty great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
The management is usually understanding, wants to help you succeed, willing to compromise, wants to hear your opinions and needs and generally effective and efficient. The work culture is incredibly inclusive and comfortable. This is a really great corporation to work for!
Inclusive work place
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC8 October 2018
Wonderful workplace that's inclusive for people from different backgrounds. They'll make you feel comfortable. They're is good possibility of advancement, and multiple programs offered.
Good Work Life balance
PEGA Application (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2018
Typical work day involves engaging with business, prioritize production issues and fixing.
Working on ongoing enhancements and delivering on timely manner.
Schedule deployments and work on approvals from different stake holders
Coordinating with QA and fixing application and environmental issues with help of infrastructure team.
Best part is when a new enhancement is going live and it helps the business to achieve desired profitability or increasing in customer count for the application.
Hardest part would be to coordinate will multiple teams and get things done at a swift rate. Everyone has their own SLA and sometimes it becomes frustrating to followup multiple times.
well organized, knowledgeable, Cutting edge Technologies
Database Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2018
Very powerful company, well organized and knowledgeable employee, eager to bring in cutting edge technology to the company and let the employee to have the opportunity to learn and share for the benefit of the company as well as themselves.
Open minded nice and very professional environment
very pleased to have such an amazing experience
Great Growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
-Great company if you're interested in finance

-Lots of growth potential if you're motivated

-Pay is fairly mediocre in early positions

-Will pay for mutual funds license
Pros
Growth
Cons
Pay
Productive and fun workplace
QA Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2018
Also enjoyed my time working at first data, definitely an environment to grow and excel. very friendly people ... managers with open door policy. really loved working there.
Horrible
Senior Customer Service Representative/ Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
The work life balance is not there. The management is the worst. The support is sad. My branch is a very unhealthy environment to be in. I cried almost everyday because of my manger. I took her to HR but it was my word against hers, guess who won.
Creative Events staff
Senior Special Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
Enjoyed every minute of the 16 years I worked at TD. Great management, fun. environment for an FI. Made some great friends, including management. Fulfilling job!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Td is a nice place to work and grow
Sales Manager Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2018
TD is a nice play to work and grow but at no position in the bank are you every just doing what it says on your job description. polices and procedures are nicely framed but are often over looked by mnagment
Pros
growth, salary
Cons
timings
good to gain experince
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2018
Timings are really good, being a student I could work in the evenings, and also have option to work as a casual, part time. Good place to gain experience.
its a great place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 October 2018
I started at TD as soon as I graduated from university. It is a great place. Nice coworkers, helpful managers. I resigned because of family emergency, and I will go back if I can.
It was a great job and my supervisor was wonderful.
Tax specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 October 2018
I enjoyed the rush of the tax season, as I always have, and the manager was great at encouraging her staff.

The Vancouver Office assumed all of the tax returns formerly done by the London office. I think that was a mistake.
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2018
It was a good job to learn many areas of dealing with public, learning different financial systems and managing many accounting areas.

It was a good organization with poor higher management protocols and HR.
Pros
learning skills
Cons
No work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TD Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K