TCL Supply Chain
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

TCL Supply Chain Employee Reviews

Insights into TCL Supply Chain

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Fun workplace

Huge spectrum of some super nice people to some of the grumpiest you will ever meet Fast paced warehouse environment. Be mentally and physically fit, rehydrated

Poor management

Management is not organized, they hire new supervisors that actually don't know what they doing. I'm not surprised why people quit every week even good supervisor leave too.

In TCL safety is literally on top of everything you do.

TCL is very good place to work has a a lot of overtime ,good money ,and very safe place to work. If safety is not priority to you TCL is not a place for you .

Pros

The key of safety is in your hand.

Cons

Not enough overtime.

Hard Work Pays Off

I wanted to write a review to clear up a few things. 1- Yes, they expect you to be 100% eventually. They give you plenty of time to get there and you earn incentives from day 1. They tell you this on day 1.2- Yes, you are on a timed system per order, but once you learn the pallet building tricks for each area, the times are manageable. They tell you this on day 1.3- No, I have never seen them time someone's bathroom breaks. All of your mandated breaks are timed through the same system you pick orders. They tell you this on day 1. If you take an extra 5 minutes for a break, it's your fault. Simple as that.4- No, this job isn't for everyone. It's physical, and fast paced. You need to be in reasonable shape IMO to really excell at picking orders. They call their pickers "industrial athletes" for a reason. They tell you this on day 1.5- SAFETY is the top priority. If trainers are constantly following someone around, it's likely because they cut corners and act like maniacs on the equipment. Yes, they will turf you for that. They tell you this on day 1.6- If you are having problems in an area, YOU need to ask for help. Don't assume someone is just going to rush to you. Remember, everyone is timed. But if you ask for help from a trainer, you will get it.7- Yes, the clock is ticking but they also give you slips of paper to write down delays. The most common delay is a reach truck moving material into a slot. Fill out the paper, hand it in and the time gets added back to your order. They explain this on day 1.8- I don't think a single week has gone by without -

Pros

Loads of incentives

Cons

Voice system needs to be updated

Great Place to learn and grow

TCL is a great place to start your career in Supply Chain . Lots of opportunity for growth and you are rewarded with shift Premiums , Gift cards and Super Sundays . CSR office is great if you love fast paced job and can handle drivers . Only thing I did not like is they switched our schedule to 12 hour per day without asking and kept it on for almost 5 months . HR did not even talk about work -life balance and thought its good to continue it !

Pros

Shift Premiums, Growth Opportunity, Super Sunday

Cons

No work life balance, Favoritism

The people are nice but the job overall and how the business is ran is garbage.

Don't work here lol unless you are desperate. People you work with are nice, but because of the pressure from higher-up the overall business is ran very bad.

Pros

Cons

You are timed for everything, even washroom breaks.

Toxic work environment.

This would be an okay job if the toxic work culture would be fixed. This company expects you to be 100% everyday no exceptions and that's just not realistic. People have lives outside of work. There's no compassion or empathy, and the majority of management are borderline sociopathic. I'm really surprised a strike/mutiny hasn't formed.Turnover is ridiculous, 1/10 stay here even after probation. That really says something about the company as a whole.

Pros

Fair pay

Cons

Everything else but the office staff

Fast faced and physically demanding.

Former picker here. Supervisors follows u around in your first 2 weeks to see if you are picking at 85% level. Headsets are low tech quality and reach truck operators wont even cooperate with you. I have seen people come and go. If you want extra $1 you can work on the freezer all day. a lot people that work at TCL seems not happy atleast the non management ones. If you are desperate for a job yeah you can consider this while you are looking for a new one. Upside is lots of overtime. Advice: Don't take the morning shifts. Night shifts are more chill.

Pros

Overtime, Free popcorn, BBQ party, Union.

Cons

Exhausting, Too much pressure, Low tech equipment, Feels like a prison when you work.

Better than it used to be

Used to be some pretty bad management here, super unforgiving and strict on top of the tough work. Over the past year or so the worst of them mostly all left and a lot of new supervisors got promoted from floor positions which is nice to see. It's still a super physical job with targets fo hit, definitely hard work... But now most of the managers act like they actually care and try to help you at least.

Pros

Bonus pay for working fast

Cons

Physical, lots of lifting

Meh

Meh, it's alright but they except too much for the money and also they will send you home a lot just if it's slow for them so you don't get good hours some days.

That clock is ticking

It felt like I was hit by a truck the night before as the work is in no way easy. Not only do you have to work really, really hard, but you have to quickly learn how to do it at a frenetic pace and be able to keep that up each and every day you are in no matter what.I am a fairly athletic person and have kept fit and active my whole life. I entered this job excited and ready to work hard. I really wanted to succeed and turned down offers for much more money to come give this career a try.We got training in a classroom for the first 3 days (not for the first week as stated) and then a very quick crash course on driving the double pallet fork. I felt very unconfident and uncomfortable on the machine and even told the trainer such, requesting at least a little bit more time on the machine but was not granted it as we had to move along. By this time already half the people had dropped out of the class (only had 4 to begin with) and everything was a bit jumbled as others joined the class having missed previous days. But by the 4th and 5th days, we were on the floor picking actual orders. We were told we would shadow a picker who knows what they are doing in order to get the hang of it but that never happened. I was just picking orders right away. I would have loved to see how an actually good picker does the job so I could emulate it, but I was just stuck out on my own, stumbling along with a voice in my ear giving me numbers and making my head spin a little as I barely new the layout of the warehouse and where to even go.Trainers come by and give you tips sometimes (maybe -

Pros

Working on your own, multiple shifts (AM, Pm, nights)

Cons

Physically demanding to the point of body degradation, fast learning curve, absolutely everything is timed so it is like you are constantly being watched, dangers of falling boxes

Good working environment fast promotion

I work as order picker for two months. then once I get the performance target and sometimes exceed it, I was promoted to receiving. Lots of growth opportunities. Great Filipinos Team leader. Fun and nice coworkers.

Pros

Great Coworkers, Gym in the building, Premiums and incentives

Terrible Management

Everyday employees are tracked, and every minute of their day is held accountable. A computer tracks your performance, breaks and lunches, which if dont meet cuz your having an off day, or not feeling 100 percent, you get written up. No cares about the staff, just the numbers. Punish first, instead of asking staff or helping them be better. Terrible management. Terrible environment.

Pros

Its a job...

Cons

Stressful, management, this place makes you feel inferior and small

Former employee

TCL can never do wrong, it's all on the employees. If you do t pick 100% within a few weeks you get terminated. Extremely stressful job and the low wage reflects that. Dont try and make friends as it can possibly be a fireable offence.

Pros

Cons

Terrible managers and leads.

Unprofessional

So far Bad experience, no job security any time you can fired or ban from cp. . Totally unprofessional.lot off politics and game

environnement du travail

beaucoup de temps supplementaire disponible dans le besoin

Be physically and mentally fit or your gonna hate this job

If your not both physically fit or mentally you will not like working for them. Nothing is wrong with the staff and management but be be prepared your gonna be lifting over 50 pound objects, some can weigh up to 80-100. And your lifting all day, they do give reasonable breaks however every order your on is time based and if you fall behind it affects your performance and if that drops then your incentives are out the window and then they start questioning why your behind and they don't have much flexability on it.

Very bad experience

Was given an interview on site and was told that I would be contacted whether or not I was hired but of course they have no courtesy to even call to let you know.

Pros

Cons

No respect. Terrible management and office staff.

Ton's of benefits. daily free cereal , workout room , easy advancement etc etc !

I'm an order picker / material handler with TCL , I've had previous experience picking for another large grocery retailer , doing the same job. If you enjoy a really steady paced/ non -stop job while getting in good shape , this is the job for you !! TCL has a forgiving 90 day probationary period , in which they will provide you with all the tools, training and knowledge to be successful. (Training on electric pallet jacks, reach trucks and dockstocker/ pacer) They also love to promote from within as opposed to hiring from the outside. I've worked in numerous large warehouse environments , and TCL by far does it better than any other ! The overall perks at TCL are by far superior to other employers !

this place is a revolving door

I started in dec of 2015 and was let go on feb 2016 and when they let me go it was for no reason. I was brought in to a room where there was two mangers and one security guard and I felt intimidated. they said to me that they were parting ways with me and demanded me to sign a document that said the same thing and then got security to walk me to my locker and out of the building and the security guard would not even let me use the bathroom.

Pros

Cons

everything

Very fast paced workplace

I had to deliver 800 cases a day to where they needed to go. You had breathing room really, the breaks felt even shorter because you would have to leave earlier to make sure you finished the pick on time. It was way too high standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TCL Supply Chain. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3