TCL Supply Chain

TCL Supply Chain Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews
Featured review
TCL Supply Chain selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for. Lots of employee engagement activities. Popcorn day once a week, gym in house, premiums and bonuses for performance, BBQs. The job is physical and a great way to stay in shape and active.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Physical job
TCL can never do wrong, it's all on the employees. If you do t pick 100% within a few weeks you get terminated. Extremely stressful job and the low wage reflects that. Dont try and make friends as it can possibly be a fireable offence.
Pros
Cons
Terrible managers and leads.
So far Bad experience, no job security any time you can fired or ban from cp. . Totally unprofessional.lot off politics and game
Pros
I'm going to speak as an alcoholic who reached out for help. They offered none. The job isn't terrible if you're a good worker but it is soul crushing. It's also the highest turnover I've ever seen.
Pros
They pay you
Cons
Everything else
beaucoup de temps supplementaire disponible dans le besoin
If your not both physically fit or mentally you will not like working for them. Nothing is wrong with the staff and management but be be prepared your gonna be lifting over 50 pound objects, some can weigh up to 80-100. And your lifting all day, they do give reasonable breaks however every order your on is time based and if you fall behind it affects your performance and if that drops then your incentives are out the window and then they start questioning why your behind and they don't have much flexability on it.
Was given an interview on site and was told that I would be contacted whether or not I was hired but of course they have no courtesy to even call to let you know.
Pros
Cons
No respect. Terrible management and office staff.
I'm an order picker / material handler with TCL , I've had previous experience picking for another large grocery retailer , doing the same job. If you enjoy a really steady paced/ non -stop job while getting in good shape , this is the job for you !! TCL has a forgiving 90 day probationary period , in which they will provide you with all the tools, training and knowledge to be successful. (Training on electric pallet jacks, reach trucks and dockstocker/ pacer) They also love to promote from within as opposed to hiring from the outside. I've worked in numerous large warehouse environments , and TCL by far does it better than any other ! The overall perks at TCL are by far superior to other employers !
I started in dec of 2015 and was let go on feb 2016 and when they let me go it was for no reason. I was brought in to a room where there was two mangers and one security guard and I felt intimidated. they said to me that they were parting ways with me and demanded me to sign a document that said the same thing and then got security to walk me to my locker and out of the building and the security guard would not even let me use the bathroom.
Pros
Cons
everything
I had to deliver 800 cases a day to where they needed to go. You had breathing room really, the breaks felt even shorter because you would have to leave earlier to make sure you finished the pick on time. It was way too high standards.
Well I don't know where to begin... Working for TCL I thought it would be great but boy was I wrong. But its not all bad. Let me start with the good ones. Your workmates (not the management) are great and fun to work with. They are very helpful in many ways, either work-related or just in general. The facilities are adequate. The warehouse itself is new so not so much going on in there. The hours may vary depending on the season. Now to the bad side. First off, the machines. They suck. Not well taken care of. Not enough machine for everyone. TCL is a fast-paced environment, so the pressure is high. But everyone has a limit and that is not allowed in TCL. You have to be superman if you want to work there. And the worst part working in TCL, the managers. The managers (some) are fcked up. All they care about is themselves. They push you to your limits, its exhausting. That happens everyday. They make you work wherever they want even if it is not safe for your body. All injured employees are being "bullied" by the managers by being sarcastic about your injury, they think youre faking it so if youre hurt you just don't bother telling them. I am so glad im out of that place. It is toxic I tell you.
In my opinion not a good place to work. Very toxic. Not recommended as a first pick to work for. In my opinion I would look elsewhere before starting work here. Very hard work for minimal pay.
I worked for them for the week of so called training they didn't train for anything you where just expected to race up and down the aisles with the ride on palet jacks and perform like a monkey some guy they hired a week before broke his leg I told the guy training I didn't feel comfortable driving the pallet truck with the training I had apparently gotten it was a 20 min video on how the machine worked apparently that's good enough for these clowns so I told them I was quitting I don't need the stress the safety guy comes and started swearing at me and yelling so I got up and left don't waste your time here these fools are gonna kill someone
Management has a god like complex and gave personal information away to other staff which is very unprofessional and inappropriate. They made you feel like a criminal if you got sick, 3 sick days a year is a ridiculous goal people get sick.Would never work for this company again.
Well my experience with TCL, was fast and a royal pain in the butt!
First off I will say the HR staff are very friendly and easy to get along with, that's all...

However unless you are a Saint and have absolutely no criminal record whatsoever, Welcome to the team!

That's all I have to say about that..
Pros
Freindly staff
Cons
Dont have any blemishes on your record no matter what
Well, I don't know where to start but to make it easy, if you're thinking to work with them be aware they're gonna rush you to make a high percentage in 4 weeks instead of 9 weeks, they're lying to you if they say they won't rush because they're not concerned about your safety, indeed they are concerned about your percentage because they treat employees like robots (specially one bald-old-short male "team lead"). For me it was like this: I started and you are suppose to have a review from your team lead once a week but I had just one meeting with my "Team lead" in my first week and it wasn't until my almost 5th week he make the second review very concerned about my percentage, he was rude in many aspects I don't wanna mention here and that makes me think in that moment it was time to go because they don't appreciate your hard work, so they don't deserved my hard work. Anyways if you still gonna give them a chance go and be ready to be asked or compared with other pickers and to work weekends and holidays, there is good people for sure like co workers, some trainers and some people in the office. If somebody ask me if I can go to the past and work again there I'd say yes because now I know how warehouse are, I know how mean can be people just for having a little higher position and now I'm aware of all of that to say next time "No, thank you" the pay is not even worth it for the amount of danger and physical work you'll need.

Good luck and hope you find some other way better job!
Pros
Big parking lot
Cons
Salary, safety issues, rushing people, low technology voice machine, I could keep going.......
apply if you like physical labour and hard work on a time quota in multi-temp warehousing environment, frequent charity drives, inventive bonuses for shift premiums, freezer work and first aid and lead hand. They train from within and encourage growth!
Pros
training provided
Cons
isolating, tough work
First of all, if you gonna start here be aware from everyone.
there gonna be alot of talk around

always write delays even if it is 10 sec .. man just write these delays

be nice be polite but don't let anyone take advantage
Pros
they pay good
Cons
Racists but proff so
The only “pro” to this company is some of the people you work with. Management is terrible, they micromanage, things seem to change weekly, poor communication, and lots of favouritism. You fall below percentage you get a write up, your a minute late from breaks you get a talking to, chit chat a little with workers in passing your on the naughty list. You have one small accident with a pallet/MHE and they’ll essentially punish you. They say they are all about safety but they micromanage you to the point where safety goes out the window. The pay is subpar, the benefits look good until you look further into it. They aren’t that great unless you’ve been on the benefit plan for over a year. The environment can be very stressful and it’s highly unnecessary. When you run out of work or are starting to they’ll try so hard to get you to leave early even if you did t sign up. And if you do agree to leave early they’ll keep trying to get you to leave early. And they’ll do the same for overtime if they ask you, try to get more and more out of you even when you tell them this is the latest you can stay or no. Penny pinching, micromanaging, and doesn’t care as much as they think about the workers. They wonder why the turn over rate is so high, well they don’t listen to the employees when they tell them a problem. For every group of ten people hired after three months only maybe two are left. There’s always one-two that don’t make it through the sub par training program.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
The "Team Leaders" have no idea what they are doing and the fact that they are often telling their staff different things and then they will get upset and throw the employees under the bus instead of taking personal responsibility for their choices. The time they offer to select the orders is often unbalanced and if you bring it up to management they will make excuses as to why you basically have to "shut up and work faster". They expect their selectors to operate at a percent based production tracker and if they fall bellow 100% they will be written up immediately while reach operators at TCL can build a career without ever hitting their numbers. The union that is supposed to protect and stand up for the workers doesn't. There are several reasons why you should not work here. Just RUN.
Pros
Cons
Poor management no clear communaction poor work enviroment
A typical day starts at 6:30am. Stretch bla bla. U go find a machine that has not been safety checked since u last drove it two days ago. There are three shifts how and why I don’t know. The union is pro company, management looks out for them self’s. they all think they deserve a om job, and are all looking to leave. Every TL in the place says it looks good on my resume. Enough said
Pros
Left the company