TC Transcontinental
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

TC Transcontinental Employee Reviews

Great enjoyable hands on job, with benefits and plenty of opportunity for advancement and promotions. Shift work will make life difficult at times if you have a family or other things you are involved in.
Pros
Benefits, week off after 3 weeks on, profit sharing
Cons
Long hours, shift work that changes.
Took a volunary one month layoff. 3 weeks later I was called in to inform me I was permanantly laid off. Very lazy and incompetent workers. No team values or any type values or ethics what so ever. Managers are pompous and think they are God's gift to humanity.
Pros
clocking out
Cons
clocking in
I can not stress this enough DO NOT WORK HERE!! It is a toxic work environment and everyone talks behind each other’s back. Plus the company is on the decline and bound to lay you off in the near future.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time and it’s a declining company
At TC, you feel like a valued member of the organization. It is nice to be treated like your input counts. Work-life balance is encouraged. People are really friendly. It is the safest place you could work. They are big on safety. Morale seems to be good in most departments too.
Pros
Safe, appreciated
Cons
Cafeteria closed due to Covid-19
Aucune considération Aucun respect pour l’être humain Ne perdez pas votre temps
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Plusieurs
In the beginning this was a great place to work it was dirty but you felt like a team. Then a new plant manager came in and the attitude went to one of negative and giving up. The managers on the production floor care but there hands are tied everything is dictated from upstairs or down east with no regard for what is needed or its impact on your ability to do your job at all or even safely. By time I was sent packing I was happy to leave.
Pros
You went home in the end. People care about others
Cons
Company attitude toward employees
I worked at the brampton facility for many years and it overall was not a nice place to work. Supervisors were bullies, always complained about their own problems. You would never see managers out on the floor
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor management
Je travaille chez Tc depuis moins d'un dans le département TI et j'adore! La culture d'entreprise favorise le développement professionnel et personnel, les gestionnaires sont au top, je me suis sentie soutenue dès mon arrivée. La culture est très ouverte et les RH favorisent le développement de la femme au aein de l'entreprise. J'ai travaillé dans plusieurs entreprises et Tc est de loin la meilleure poue une carrière à long terme
Pros
Travail d'équipe, culture d'entreprise, télétravail
Cons
Moyenne d'âge élevée dans le département TI, Grande résistance au changement
I worked in the Tc company for a short time, But that time is wonderful for me nice staff and timely pay. I did not work there for a long time. I am happy with their policy and work environment, adequate hours of work, and pay on time. I look forward to future opportunities with them.
Pros
timely break
Cons
12 hour rotating shift. lots of time off to make up for the continental shifts. Relaxed clothing great people to work with. Long hours and lots of standing in one spot
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TC Transcontinental?
The overall attitude in this place leaves a lot of room for improvement. They have a fitness area its not very large but if your willing to go here after 12 hours of none stop go ahead. management only communicates what they deem you need to know not what you should be told. when you bring up an issue with then it will not be considered until the office has that idea while they tell you its about money. Light bulbs are expensive.
Pros
food and bonus check at the end of the year
Cons
long hours day to nights every two weeks and the hiding of stuff that affects you
This company held quarterly meetings with all employees to keep them up to date on how we were doing. They also were very fair in promotion and opportunity. I was promoted from Estimator to Supervisor at the Dartmouth. If they had not closed the Dartmouth facility a year later, I would still be there. Loved the company, loved the job.
It was the best job I've ever had.. very challenging yet if you take pride in your work you will love it.. this is a job that no matter how long you work at it you will never know it all wich makes it worth learning
TC has a very Friendly environment, perfect work life balance and lots to learn. Training is provided for newcomers and company believes in diversity.
I would highly recommend working for Transcontinental. The people in my business unit are always collaborative and respect your opinion. Senior management is always approachable and ready to listen. I thoroughly enjoy working here!
worked 12 hour shift. two 15 minute breaks as well as 30 mins for each of lunch and supper. There was some heavy lifting of bundles of flyers. There was a big turnover in staff at times. I got to meet many people as a result
Pros
relaxed
Cons
long shifts
Belle expérience de travail chez, TC et respect de la direction
La première compétence pour avancer est de jouer au hockey. Même en ayant l expérience et les compétences en gestions, si le talent au hockey n y ai pas, aucune chance d avancer
Cons
Direction
A lot of office gossip but overall a good working place. Great benefits, company outings, great work/life balance, I must say overall good place to work at.
Pros
great benefits, fair salary
Cons
long hours, favortism
j’ai énormément appris dans ce poste où ma bonne gestion des priorités était très utile.
After getting hired you find out the managers on the floor have very poor people skills. They do not acknowledge jobs that are well done but are sure to point out every negative aspect they can find. Machines are in a poor state of repair and the maintenance department seems to be very poor as well. Management also seems to think overtime is mandatory and nonnegotiable. My worst experience ever in the printing industry, stay away.