TC Energy

TC Energy Employee Review

Horrible Leadership. Company could be so much better
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 December 2019
Pros:
- market pay and good bonuses (benefits below average and being reduced)
- Personal days off
- Work-life balance
- Depending on the group; decent people

Areas of improvement
- Lack of focus and direction
- Hard to make a difference when leadership doesn’t know what they want
- Very hierarchical/manage up
- Constant organizational change at all levels/little stability
- Rampant toxic, gossipy, nepotism, managing up, fear of retaliation culture especially in corporate services

TC Energy does not hire or promote the best. They pass up good performers to hire their friends from the outside or internal suck ups who agree with the boss says. The existing people are made to think that they suck and we’re doing everything wrong while new hires are superstars. There is a lack of direction One day they are a dinosaur and the next a startup.

I would suggest a management overhaul but based on their recent track record, the new leaders are worse than the old ones. Treat everyone with respect. Just because you’re a leader doesn’t make you smarter than everyone else. Allow us to do our job. Appreciate the contribution people are making not only those of your favourites.

Stay away from here unless you are in the friends and family category. If it was not for revenue from tolls, this company would not survive.

Other TC Energy Employee Reviews

Large company with many opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2020
This company is very large and acts very differently from one location to another. There are many opportunities to get into different specialized areas of the business if you are interested.
Good
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2020
TC energy provides a organized environment for undergrads to gain experience. I learnt a lot duirng my experience as a Co-op student and cherish my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TC Energy. Our community is ready to answer.