TC Energy

TC Energy Pay & Benefits reviews

Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunity for growth.
Great working environment.

12 flex days a year can be taken at anytime.

Great benefits including savings plan.
Great working environment.
Good Company to work for
When times are good - opportunities to move around within the co.

Good time off policies - vacation, flex time.
Pros
salaries, benefits
Cons
Cyclical business
great company
I would go back to this company any time if there is a job opportunity . great benefits and great people to work with.
Always learned something new
Great company with knowledgeable employees and leaders.
Great company to work for. Lately in trouble like any other Oil & Gas companies out there. Learned a lot in a short period of time.
Decent
TC has always been a stable company. Nothing fancy happens during the booms, but work remains stable as other industries stagnate.

Biggest area I find TC experiences challenges is with compensation; they view themselves as a utility and therefore choose not to compete with other companies that dominate the Calgary engineering core (i.e. producers) when it comes to salary, so have at times lagged as much as 30% behind other companies competing for expertise (based on APEGA surveys).

The people you work with are still by far the best part of the job.
very safety oientated
Combined work ethic and safety 24/7. I found a lot of the safety procedures I worked with I was bringing home and applying to my everyday tasks.
Pros
salary/good wage and benifits
Cons
constantly felt under a microscope
Excellent company
Great to be outdoors
Worked with a lot of fun people

Worked long hours 7 days a week
Got a good period of time off between jobs but gone from home time was huge.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Gone from home too much
Good company with great package, but too much politics
Good compensation and opportunities to move inside the company. A bit outdated in terms of business management. Poor resource planning, therefore a lot of layoffs during recession.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TC Energy?
Current Reorganization
This company is currently reorganizing and impacting hundreds of workers. This will continue for some time.

If you are in core business you will find a political atmosphere to try and survive in.
If you are looking to punch a clock and collect a great salary you will be fine. Change management is poorly executed
Excellent company
co-workers are nice and helpful.
Good benefits.
Good internal training programs.

Employer looking after employees.

Good culture.
Pros
stock options
Cons
n/a
An ideal place to learn
A typical day at work consists of resolving tickets submitted to us by the various employees of TransCanada.

I learned about the professional office environment and how to fit in, as well as thinking critically in order to resolve the network and software problems TransCanada employees face.

My coworkers and mentors at TransCanada has been nothing but welcoming and helpful when I was adjusting to the office culture, and for that I am deeply grateful.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
Unpaid practicum and no honorarium, but provides great salary and benefits if you're an employee
Contractor - Developer
First job when I graduated. Great pay as a contractor, easy work, solid management with clearly defined goals. Co-workers are great and a great way to learn if you've never been in the oil and gas sector. However, you are pigeon-holed into the role you have without much room for advancement. Only if you want to get into management is there any room to advance and that takes a long while (as in 10 years in some departments). Therefore, staying a contractor is your best bet if you want to advance in your career (i.e. moving onto another company after you've gained your experience). Still, for those who want security and easy work, staying where they are for at least 5 years to really learn the industry, it's a great place to be.
Pros
Great environment, great benefits for full time employees (stock options, health/dental, flex Fridays, etc.)
Cons
Little to no room for serious advancement
Fun work place
Friendly Boss , Nice place to work, warm environment,
challenges my knowledge and skills, Good work atmosphere.

professional work environment.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
Like feeling like an ant? Work here...
Overall I found the company okay to work for. Not a place I could see myself spending 25 years at.

You can put in tonnes of overtime, just don't expect to be compensated for it and if you do bring up the subject be prepared to get "coached". On average a field salaried employee puts in well over the 40 hour week. If you get the option, go with hourly as they pay double OT while the rest of the salaried people volunteer their time to a multi billion dollar company.

If you are a person who seeks a challenging and dynamic environment, this is not the place for you. They constantly come up with new initiatives but never follow through. Well I shouldn't say that, they are having a rash of vehicle incidents so rather than making significant improvements such as back up cameras and such, their BRAIN BUSTER of an idea is to put a cone behind your truck and back up to it and what do you know, incidents still are happening.

They are finally doing the BYOD/ Apple phone craze, but where the last to follow suite. You will find that innovation and new ideas are stymied at all levels because everyone has given up trying to improve the work environment there.
Pros
Stable work environment until they sell you off
Cons
No compensation for over time, too much drama over Keystone
TransCanada Pipelines has an entire new executive since I was there so I feel that my review really is not relevant to the new TransCanada Pipelines.
Pros
Health and benefits.
Cons
Out - sourcing - - my job and others were outsourced due to a change in management philosophy.
pnot a
Very high turn over in certain departments. Contract workers rarely lasted more than 3 months. Very high nepotism. You are nothing but a number. Advancement is non-existant. Polish up that resume and leave as fast you can.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
management is very out of touch
TransCanada- A growing company
Good place to work. Depends on your leader in terms of job happiness.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
growing almost too quickly, loosing itself.