TC Energy

TC Energy Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

Business Analyst10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
A good introduction to working in oil & gas, although the company was hit with heavy layoffs and anyone on the bottom rung was cut. Salary was competitive and hours were reasonable. The layoff procedure was adequate, I suppose!
Data gathering/entry/analysis to support management review, assisted in the development of processes to gather and analyze data for the population of metrics, data quality assessments.
Pros:
- market pay and good bonuses (benefits below average and being reduced)

- Personal days off

- Work-life balance

- Depending on the group; decent people

Areas of improvement

- Lack of focus and direction

- Hard to make a difference when leadership doesn’t know what they want

- Very hierarchical/manage up

- Constant organizational change at all levels/little stability

- Rampant toxic, gossipy, nepotism, managing up, fear of retaliation culture especially in corporate services

TC Energy does not hire or promote the best. They pass up good performers to hire their friends from the outside or internal suck ups who agree with the boss says. The existing people are made to think that they suck and we’re doing everything wrong while new hires are superstars. There is a lack of direction One day they are a dinosaur and the next a startup.

I would suggest a management overhaul but based on their recent track record, the new leaders are worse than the old ones. Treat everyone with respect. Just because you’re a leader doesn’t make you smarter than everyone else. Allow us to do our job. Appreciate the contribution people are making not only those of your favourites.

Stay away from here unless you are in the friends and family category. If it was not for revenue from tolls, this company would not survive.
I started in 2006 when the company was under different leadership. It was great. You were encouraged to take courses that helped advance your career. Then Hal left.
The new upper management is just about $$ and not the people. They move managers around so much, they don't get to know their teams or jobs before they are moved again. Bad management = less productive teams & individual employees.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
Management and Company Culture
Salaries are good salary although raises don't happen often and advancement is tough. Benefits were reduced from what they used to be but are still good.
Average company to work for
Good salary and benefits but failure to give raises/bonuses when there was significant role changes

Unfit leadership - more emphasis should be on training and building up leaders
To be fair I arrived at TC just when lots of organization change was happening. People were fearing for their jobs and it turns out they were right to do so. I believe it was a great company to work for before this organization change, however, I did not personally see it that way via my personal experience.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Long work hours, no rewards or notice of achievements
I was a contractor at TransCanada. My experience working there was exceptional and I would go back any time. It's a highly professional environment that values continuous improvement and good process. I experienced lot's of personal growth and enjoyed my co-workers.
Great work life balance and career advancement . it offers great benefits, pay and vacation. the management team is great and they guide you toward you next career step.
Pros
Benefits and pay are great
Excellent company to work for with a friendly atmosphere.

Middle management has difficulties with being able to make decisions as quickly and efficiently as needed.

I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
contractor job stability