TC Energy

TC Energy Employee Reviews in Medicine Hat, AB

A great learning environment
Productive and a great learning place from great people who treat everyone like family. Everyone loves to answer any questions that you have for them, and by doing so has led me to understand plenty more of the industry i will be working in one day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Learning about the industry from the best.
Cons
Really Long days for most days
Best workplace I've ever worked for...so far!
Worked for Nova from 1997-2000 then TransCanada from 2000-2017. I was treated fairly, given many chance to improve, move around different parts of the organization geographically and in-role. World class including the day my role was no longer required. Would recommend TransCanada to anyone.
Like feeling like an ant? Work here...
Overall I found the company okay to work for. Not a place I could see myself spending 25 years at.

You can put in tonnes of overtime, just don't expect to be compensated for it and if you do bring up the subject be prepared to get "coached". On average a field salaried employee puts in well over the 40 hour week. If you get the option, go with hourly as they pay double OT while the rest of the salaried people volunteer their time to a multi billion dollar company.

If you are a person who seeks a challenging and dynamic environment, this is not the place for you. They constantly come up with new initiatives but never follow through. Well I shouldn't say that, they are having a rash of vehicle incidents so rather than making significant improvements such as back up cameras and such, their BRAIN BUSTER of an idea is to put a cone behind your truck and back up to it and what do you know, incidents still are happening.

They are finally doing the BYOD/ Apple phone craze, but where the last to follow suite. You will find that innovation and new ideas are stymied at all levels because everyone has given up trying to improve the work environment there.
Pros
Stable work environment until they sell you off
Cons
No compensation for over time, too much drama over Keystone