TC Energy

TC Energy Employee Reviews

It was a very good organization to work for. It is a well structured organization. It have very diversified businesses and they allow people to move from one business unit to other.
Pros
Reputed and dynamic organization
Cons
Very huge organization.
They were prim contractors on the job I was on . Big on the safety side some times a little too heavy on safety but it was good job one of the better jobs I have been on.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bussing
There are some interesting challenges at TC Energy. Tends to be a very nepotistic company with too many personal relationships that impact work and the work environment. Watch what you say because the gossip is horrific and career altering if you are tied to something said that hits the wrong pair of ears. It's hard to build trust with so many double-standards and broken promises tied to the stack of managers on top of managers that hobble efficiency and progress. Upside is the pay and benefits are competitive and TC Energy provdes a good foundation for on-boarding to other organizations offering less resistance to talented people.
Pros
Located close to excellent restaurants in and around Chinatown.
Cons
Indifferent management; constant restructuring to "get it right".
The company is great, management/leadership is terrible, but it all depends on which industry you are in. Contractors are treated like slaves by "team leader" who knows nothing about what you do. My department's culture was to obey the team lead and be micromanaged, and do what you are told for mundane tasks. Otherwise, you get marked as a bad employee. My time working there felt like I was working for the team lead, not the company. No trust was placed in the contractors. No opportunity to grow if you are not liked by team lead. no feedback and no professionalism.
Pros
good company
Cons
long hours, micromanagement, no trust
I have been with TC for about 7 years and, I’m that time, I’ve been led projects and initiatives that are fulfilling. I’ve also been fortunate to have worked for leaders who allowed me to grow and those who tried to stunt my growth, however, overall, the company is clearly supportive of challenging and developing it’s people. Finally, it’s worth mentioning that I am both the visibility minority and the LGBTQ2+ community. The company and my colleagues does not treat me differently and is not a hinderance in my development. I feel I can do my best worth by simply being myself. If you’re thinking of joining TC, you should. It could be the best career move you can make for yourself and your family.
Pros
Family feel, development and growth encouraged, fulfilling career
Cons
Hours can be long but if you enjoy the role then #worklifeintegration is for you!
My experience at TC quickly degraded when a new manager took over our group. Too much placing blame on new contractors for TC's failure to address turnover issues - TC permanent employees had moved on one year before project completion, and contractors were expected to clean up the mess. The manager's demeaning remarks directed at certain individuals in front of team members was completely inappropriate and unprofessional. Felt "disposable". Underpaid for the work expected and accomplished. Overall a very disheartening and negative experience.
Pros
Nice team members, interesting work.
Cons
Unprofessional manager, insufficient pay.
Great company to work and most people are super nice. I enjoyed working at TC. Sometimes is hard to get your ideas in place even though implies cost benefits and get push by other parties that does not have the knowledge to challenge it
Pros
Co-workers
Management sucks and it is a brown nose culture, you need to have your own gang to survive, the racial discriminations is a real problem and the management doesn`t have a clue about the actual work done on daily basis.
Pros
Pay was descent
Cons
Management sucks and it is a brown nose culture
Large, Canadian-owned, and corporately responsible company. Cross-border footprint, diverse business entities, and numerous opportunities. Large operating footprint with numerous new-build opportunities in both non-renewables transportation and renewables facility development.
Pros
Much opportunity to learn, develop, and advance, Good training programs, Ethical and wanting to do the right thing in the communities of operations, Good corporate volunteer initiatives, Industry expertise, Good office equipment and tools, Great Total Compensation package.
Cons
Minimally resourced means people and budget restraints, Much OT (unpaid at certain levels), Very risk adverse and beurocratic, A push to advance certain demographics has let to leaders being put into positions too soon, High turnover of Management and above, Opinion can be frowned upon (see previous point), Head office has little consideration for field expertise, Siloed organizational units, Capital projects funding trumps operational needs.
I enjoyed my time with TC Energy. I was able to advance in my career. Things have changed since I left in 2015, so it isn't the place it used to be. Still have many friends there who are unhappy with how things have changed.
Pros
Good wages, bonus, vacation time, opportunities for advancement
If you're planning to work at tc energy as a summer student, have a technically oriented mind and you want to have a great time, work at a field office.
TC Energy is a great place to build your career. You can explore different roles, but you will need to advocate strongly for yourself to do so. Your good work will need to be supported with a willingness to speak up for your voice to be heard. There is very much a top-down leadership style and too many organizational changes. These do make it frustrating at times. However, the work can be challenging and interesting if you put yourself out there. People are very collaborative and willing to work together.
Was good, don't know how it has changed now. It was a student job, so there was not as much pressure on people. It was also a summer student job, so meh.
I really enjoyed being part of a team here, and learning more about industry accounting! The workplace culture was extremely warm, friendly welcoming!
Overall, TC is a great company to work for. The business unit I worked in was a nightmare (poor morale, wide range of competency level, little in the way of standard operating procedures, and inexperienced senior management. Interaction with other business units, contractors, and clients was great.
Although I think they sometimes moved Managers into areas where they were not qualified, overall a great group of people and people were respected and paid well.
This company is very large and acts very differently from one location to another. There are many opportunities to get into different specialized areas of the business if you are interested.
TC energy provides a organized environment for undergrads to gain experience. I learnt a lot duirng my experience as a Co-op student and cherish my time there.
Relaxed workplace with a high level of professionalism. Internship opportunity offered a great insight into the industry. Would recommend to undergraduate students wanting to gain valuable experience.
Lots of opportunity for growth. Great working environment. 12 flex days a year can be taken at anytime. Great benefits including savings plan. Great working environment.
A good introduction to working in oil & gas, although the company was hit with heavy layoffs and anyone on the bottom rung was cut. Salary was competitive and hours were reasonable. The layoff procedure was adequate, I suppose!
  1. Employee reviews