TC Energy

TC Energy Employee Reviews

Canada239 reviews
Pretty good to work
Was good, don't know how it has changed now. It was a student job, so there was not as much pressure on people. It was also a summer student job, so meh.
Perfect learning opportunity!
I really enjoyed being part of a team here, and learning more about industry accounting! The workplace culture was extremely warm, friendly welcoming!
Overall, great company, depending on department
Overall, TC is a great company to work for. The business unit I worked in was a nightmare (poor morale, wide range of competency level, little in the way of standard operating procedures, and inexperienced senior management. Interaction with other business units, contractors, and clients was great.
Good pay/good people...
Although I think they sometimes moved Managers into areas where they were not qualified, overall a great group of people and people were respected and paid well.
Large company with many opportunities
This company is very large and acts very differently from one location to another. There are many opportunities to get into different specialized areas of the business if you are interested.
Good
TC energy provides a organized environment for undergrads to gain experience. I learnt a lot duirng my experience as a Co-op student and cherish my time there.
Great Internship Experience
Relaxed workplace with a high level of professionalism. Internship opportunity offered a great insight into the industry. Would recommend to undergraduate students wanting to gain valuable experience.
Great company to work for.
Lots of opportunity for growth.
Great working environment.

12 flex days a year can be taken at anytime.

Great benefits including savings plan.

Great working environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TC Energy?
Overall a good place to work, but layoffs can pop up often
A good introduction to working in oil & gas, although the company was hit with heavy layoffs and anyone on the bottom rung was cut. Salary was competitive and hours were reasonable. The layoff procedure was adequate, I suppose!
Good intro to Oil&Gas Industry
Data gathering/entry/analysis to support management review, assisted in the development of processes to gather and analyze data for the population of metrics, data quality assessments.
Highly recommended
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Good pay. Life work balance. Daily operations in Liquids Operations is fast paced. Collaboration and communication results in excellent execution of projects and maintenance while safely completing the work at hand.
Good work-life balance
Great company to work for. 99% of the people is great and professional, but there are some managers that are underqualified and kill job satisfaction.
An excellent organization
During my 2-years at TC, I was responsible for working collaboratively with a multitude of different departments to ascertain business viability and risk for several different projects in Oil & Gas transmission and storage/handling
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Due to project uncertainty I was laid off
General Inspector Roles
Digging Rock ditch on Integrity work with live line(s)
Different processes, and guidelines than on new construction

Very Good, adapted to type of work

Very good, good contractor and client crews

daily activities, different tasks to be done, reports at end of day

finished work
Pros
Cons
Great Company to work for
Lots of Travelling worked on various Projects all over western Canada.
Met and worked with a lot of great people. Had a lot of great challenges. The hardest part of the is the travelling.
Collaborative and team work orientated environment
The company provides an excellent work environment to improve employees' productivity and promotes a work-life balance. Growth and development opportunity exist within the company and employees are encouraged to develop their own plan for their growth. Collaborative and team work is encouraged. Compensation and rewards are based on individual, business unit and company's performance.
Well organized projects and friendly office environment. Newer facilities.
TC Energy is a well run company with a well developed business plan. They manage their people fairly and run an organized project type office environment. I enjoyed working there.
Stay Away from this Company
Unless you are absolutely desperate for a job, I would not recommend anyone work here. The culture and leadership are terrible, there is favoritism throughout the organization, and political objectives are at the forefront of all business decisions. There is an extreme lack of direction from management, which is proven by the most disorganized processes, data and systems I've ever seen. You've been warned.
TC Energy
TransCanada Pipeline till 2019. Contracted with various groups in TC, Measurement, Integrity Dig Program, Keystone Pipeline, Grand Rapids Pipeline, Compression Projects
Happy to work in the company, quite relaxed environment, not much exposed to technical design since EPC companies do the design, great benefit package
Horrible Leadership. Company could be so much better
Pros:
- market pay and good bonuses (benefits below average and being reduced)

- Personal days off

- Work-life balance

- Depending on the group; decent people

Areas of improvement

- Lack of focus and direction

- Hard to make a difference when leadership doesn’t know what they want

- Very hierarchical/manage up

- Constant organizational change at all levels/little stability

- Rampant toxic, gossipy, nepotism, managing up, fear of retaliation culture especially in corporate services

TC Energy does not hire or promote the best. They pass up good performers to hire their friends from the outside or internal suck ups who agree with the boss says. The existing people are made to think that they suck and we’re doing everything wrong while new hires are superstars. There is a lack of direction One day they are a dinosaur and the next a startup.

I would suggest a management overhaul but based on their recent track record, the new leaders are worse than the old ones. Treat everyone with respect. Just because you’re a leader doesn’t make you smarter than everyone else. Allow us to do our job. Appreciate the contribution people are making not only those of your favourites.

Stay away from here unless you are in the friends and family category. If it was not for revenue from tolls, this company would not survive.