Taylor Statten Camps

Taylor Statten Camps Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Good fun place to work
Fun place to work, I always felt appreciated by my colleagues. The average age of employees is around 19-20. The camp is in a beautiful location with the odd moose and bear popping up. Great if you love canoe tripping!
l'envirronnement
j'ai vraiment aimé être a cette endroit paisible.
il permettait d'être responsable
Pros
le sport
Cons
la sécurité
Fun working environment, a lot of responsibility and office work
Working at TSC is always enjoyable and entertaining. Being able to move to and live in Algonquin park for a number of months is an asset. I recommend working here.
Very fun and a large group of likeminded people!
Working at Taylor Statten Camps is a unique experience. I learnt a lot from the wide range of different staff with all kinds of different backgrounds. Taylor Statten Camps is such a unique summer camp because it is based around canoe tripping, something I really love. I learnt many new skills as well as worked on acquiring skills to help the young children I was working with, such as homesickness. This was a very rewarding summer job and I every second of my summer there. I would highly recommend applying for a job here if you love working with children and being outdoors and in nature as it is a very rustic and back to basics camp.
Pros
Great working environment and amazing people
Cons
Doesn't pay well and kids can sometimes be demanding at all hours of the night.
Dishwasher
3 times a day, 1 and a half hours each time

work is not hard, CIT's help you and the whole atmosphere was really great, everyone was really nice, feels like a big family
Pros
free lunches, nice team, cool atmosphere
Cons
Amazing, comfortable, and fun experience
Having a large number of staff return year after year, I was worried about being one of the new staff members, but I was welcomed right away. It was a wonderful, fun summer with lots to learn and plenty of time to hang out. The management staff and owner were all so nice and made everyone feel at home.
Amazing working experience
The Taylor Statten Camps create an environment where the work is always enjoyable and provides countless opportunities to make life long friendships and learn life long lessons.
Good
It was a good place to work. It was a fun environment. The people were laid back and the kids were respectable. I would work there again, and recommend it to anyone seeking this kind of administrative position.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Taylor Statten Camps?
Fun Summer Job
TSC was not only a great environment to work in, but also a productive way to spend the summer. A typical day at work included answering phones, sorting and distributing mail/packages, helping with visitors days and sometimes helping with camp-wide activities. Working at TSC allows you to work in a beautiful environment (Algonquin Park) whilst learning new things (i.e. canoeing, weaving, kayaking, portaging, etc) or building on the experience(s) you already have. Co-workers were great, but you can't get along with everyone. The camp is divided by gender, and the living conditions for staff are minimal (unless you're "senior" staff, which means you actually live in a decent cottage or "chalet." Everyone else bunks together and it isn't glamorous). Management could be somewhat unreliable, biased, and not always organized (sometimes biased with certain staff, as well). All in all, TSC is a good employer and who else gets to say they spent their summer living and "working" in Algonquin Park? It was basically a paid vacation, but you do not get paid very much (basically nothing) so it's definitely not the job for anyone looking to make serious $$$ during the summer. It's more like a life experience job.
Pros
Good food, nice co-workers, fun activities, days-off, lots of freedom
Cons
Unorganized management, not much guidance, use a canoe to get everywhere, not high paying