TAWS Security Employee Reviews

Summary Review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 March 2018
The company was decent, shift schedules were ok, however upper management was always interfering in day to day operations by coming down from the office and continuously nit picking at every aspect of the job.
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2017
If I could rate management a big fat zero I would. They are terrible, rude people who don't care about anybody but themselves. The job itself at the airport was fine, but I sweat it's management's goal to make everyone as miserable as possible. Do NOT work with them unless you want to be miserable.
Pros
Decent money
not recommended
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2017
Stressful, poor management, very long hours, minimum pay for the work you do, little to no respect from management and some coworkers, Your treated like a robot, unless bosses like you
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
very long hours
Worst choice I've ever made
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 September 2017
Piece of advice, don't work for this company. If I could give zero stars, I would.

The management is terrible. They guilt trip you into working when your sick. If your on sick leave they bombard you to come back early even when your doctor hasn't approved you to go back. They don't have benefits like they say they do/ or will. They make you pay a $500 uniform deposit when the uniform isn't even worth $250. They let safety scream at employees and make them feel stupid. They don't report serious incidents to wcb when they happen (one new employee on site burnt her foot and had no idea she was suppose to report it to wcb and the company never did tell her she had to and they didn't report it either) During the fire they tried to make employees with sever asthma come back to work when their doctors wouldn't let them renter.

All in all, if you want a terrible and stressful workplace this is the company for you !!!!

Don't be crazy, stay away people !!!!
Pros
Cons
Terrible Management, terrible pay, no benefits
Isolated work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMuray AB.22 June 2017
I worked alone in an isolated area where I was the only employee of my company on site. I had little to no communication with managers or supervisors on any day. The management seemed rather new and unsure of what their roles and responsibilities were.
Pros
Worked with no supervision
Cons
Was lonely
Horrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 February 2017
Horrible to there employees
Never at one site (always moving posts)
Do not believe employee just the client
Uniform is horrible
Pros
if your native you keep your taxes
Cons
everything
Great professional appearance!!
Security (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 January 2017
My experience working with this company was defiantly a eye opener, I've learned that no matter how much you contribute you don't always receive the same in return! Loyality is defiantly a two way street.
Upon hiring at this company TAWS management team make you feel wonderful and hopeful there's going to be a positive outcome. They make you feel that your apart of a wonderful family oriented business.
You will dedicate support and push yourself to no extent seeking the approval you will never receive.
There policies and procedures I totally agree with. safety is everything! They most defiantly have the most professional management team out there when it comes to background and experience.
Excluding the safety department. Don't expect any positivity from your OH and S management. They will teach and train to the highest capabilities but From my experience when things get complicated or difficult be prepared not to receive any support from the professional. When you make sense or legitate concerns it's easier to push you out the door.
I support the owner of this company a person who was independent that started from the bottom and trying to make it to the top. I support the CEO who's dedication and connections help make this possible for the owners.
As the old saying goes "Security is Attitude" you have to do your best and rise above.
If your looking for a position as a guard:
I recommend this company for someone that is using the company as a stepping stone for higher achievements but for a career based job I wouldn't hold my tongue.
Pros
Great SOP's and knowledge
Cons
Over worked No staff support.
Awesome
Securiy Guard/ Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB15 November 2016
Working for Taws Security I learned a lot and met some amazing people. The crew at Taws is always in a good mood even when they are crazy busy. The CEO is an amazing lady and gives with all her heart into the company.
Productive and fun working place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 October 2016
Productive and fun working with TAWS
they respect the hard working employees
they reward those who work with them for long time
Fantastic Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 July 2016
I would recommend anyone to work for this company. The company owner is a positive and caring person. Management staff is wonderful. Co-workers were great. Lots of great Teamwork. Enjoyed working for this company because of the family values they keep. They are different. Your not a number...Your a name.
Pros
Fun Environment, Teamwork, Great Leads & Great Management.
Cons
Could give raises more often to those deserving of.
Bad decision
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 March 2016
I was lured into working for this company with promise of benefits and better pay. Really, I work more hours for the same amount of pay. It also doesn't help that they lied to me about my benefits package. I will be finding a new job soon as these people couldn't manage their way out of a bag.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, 14 Day work rotation, pay, everything
They make it sound good
Security professional (Current Employee) –  Fort mcmurray airport20 November 2015
I was really excited to work for TAWS when I first started at the airport but that excitement is gone and the reality of the company has set in.

The current management have bullied people into going to work when sick. Pestered them to go back to work while sick and require a sick note when they come back or risk suspention/termination.

One employee was terminated by letter, they didn't ever have the courage to tell him in person this was after they forced him to go all nights.

There are rumors of spy on the teams recording what people say and then going back to employees repeating what was said verbatim.

There's no benefits, they don't provide you with pants in your uniform, or winter work gloves despite being required to be outside in the winter. Plus the uniform deposit is 500$ that they take from your first 2 paychecks

There is nothing that I can name that makes me want to stay

They make the schedule and pay sound really good but in reality you get more money only because of the hours you work. It actually works out to 21$/hour.
Pros
Cons
Long shift, poor management's, poor employee relations
Productive Work Environment, Team Work, Fast Paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta26 March 2015
its been a few years since I worked for this company, but when I was there it was good.

You were able to move around a lot, such as change positions in the company. Patrol, gate, camp, site security positions were available.

The company equipment were up to date, the company vehicles were well maintained, and the uniforms were nice.
Pros
Stay at Camp, Overtime, different site work
Cons
long hours, no travel included
Pays the bills
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 January 2015
I work a lot of hours, It pays for the high cost of living here in fort mcmurray, but does not afford me any extra. thats why im looking for something better or a job back home in ontario.
Pros
A steady pay cheque
Cons
no time for self
Was a good company untill management changed
Security Guard, Night Shift (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 July 2012
Really nice co-workers, management was nice but changed hands a lot, usually for the worse. The site I got put at was way too far north with no traveling expenses and poor management made it not worth working for them anymore.
Pros
good people
Cons
poor management
Great working and family values
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anzac, AB21 May 2012
Management has wonderful values on family and work place environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAWS Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6