Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Work wellbeing score is 78 out of 100

Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews for IT Analyst

IT Analyst19 reviews
Canada19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,559 reviews
consultancyprojecttechnologycanadadomainhikeclientbalance

Stable job

One of the most secure job around, management is not much supportive .Some projects are good and some are bad.Salary growth is low and bonus is also low.

A good to place to work for a long term

I have spent 9 years of my career in this company since I was hired in from my college campus. The company has taught me many valuable life lessons in both personal and professional aspects. There are numerable opportunities for career growth in the company if we are lucky enough to have a good mentor. However, the only downside is the yearly payscale growth and promotions which are very upsetting and that leads to demotivation.A typical work day depends on the project that you are in. In my case where I am from an Operations and Maintenance project it has been quite stressful at the start of my career. However, with time, it has been less stressful however the challenges keep coming.

Pros

Friendly work culture, Numerous fields and technologies to choose from

Cons

Salary hike and promotions are demotivating

Insights into Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment

Not worth putting your efforts

Your performance is pre-calculated by the management and no matter how much effort you add. Despite the fact the client sends an appreciation email about you to the management, your performance is still pre determined. Would never recommended to any lateral hires.

Poor

Managemnet never follow their commitments. Always try to save money from project budget so they can earn more from profits never recomend One employe used to sleep at client location, be is still working for TCS. Management likes buttering only.

Good for job security

My time in TCS was great. It has mix of fun and work. I had lot of opportunities to learn new things and enhance my professional skills. I worked here around 7 years and work environment is quite friendly here.

Comfortable place to work.

TCS is a place where you gain knowledge and improve your career strengths and maintain the work life balance. Workplace culture is good and comfortable to all employees.

Indian IT company

Learnt technologies at your own will. being in technical side of things can be a bit challenging as the good employees are supposed to lead teams and work as project lead rather than lead developer.

Too much processes

Overall huge ship with large number of customers around the world and multiple delivery centers across the globe. Too much internal processes and political pressure. good to begin the career or retire.

Good

Good company to work with. Teaches you how to be a leader. Work life balance plus always works on new technologies. Good compnay for experienced professionals

Good Work Life Balance but less pay

Work life balance is good, but don't expect good pay, hikes are also negligible, Job security is better than other companies. Good Learning experience, you get to work on a lot of different projects and technologies.

Pros

Good Work Life Balance

Cons

Less Pay

I learned a lot

Although I at times did not approve of management's interactions with the employees, my tenure at TCS was enjoyable and beneficial. I was given the opportunity to work on different projects and grow personally in my studies.

No work life balance

Not a great place to work for. Expectation to work without overtime pay. No work life balance. You will get a call at anytime of the day including vacation and you are expected to work.

Benifits

The benefits are not as per the industry standards. The work environment greatly depended on the Project we are in. The talent pool is very good. We get to work with talented people.

Pros

Good knowledge repository

Cons

Productive and fun place with Table tennis

TCS is a good company to launch your career but after couple of years it becomes monotonous and the growth becomes stagnant.

Quality assurance in work

A strong company which improves employees communication, collaboration, wellness and performance. A considerate, polite and people-focused place to work. The company is supportive and dynamic A great company to work for, offering a good work/life balance

Review - TCS

Great place to start career and learn various technologies and methodologies. Provides for an interesting opportunity to have a global experience that is a boost to your resume.

Good company

Interactive work environment Team building Working with multiple teams Effective debugging techniques Working on multiple technologies End to end lifecycle

Pros

job safety

Cons

Week end work

a typical day at work is full of excitement and fun along with work

The days usually begins with loads of work but with the passing time as the work load begins to cease the interactions begin with the colleagues and the excitement and fun also starts

Pros

job security

Cons

weekend shifts

TCS is good but garbage and dirty politics on Client site!!!

The Company is good now after new HR Management. But still there are some cheap mentality people working ONSITE... Dirty politics playing for prove themselves a best...Indian people especially South Indian never helps other in project...They don't have team skills.... If you are Canadian PR or Citizen I recommended don't work for any Indian consulting company...

Pros

Free Overtime

Cons

Long Hours, Treat like slave by Indian lead ONSITE with cheap and dirty politics.

IT Analyst at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)

Estimated salary
$84,549 per year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) with

• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
  • IT Analyst