Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

overall good to work with
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
overall good to work with ..good work life balance after all depends on the project you work in..i got to learn many new technologies when I started working at TCS
save time and energy and don't aply
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
poor management and lack of career advancement. There isn't a defined role and you don't get the big picture.

All what you do is manual testing.

not a great company to start you career with
workplace
Technical Team Lead (.Net) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2017
I enjoyed worked here for a long time. I learned a lot in this organisation and it also give opportunity to work for several clients. Work culture is good.
Very good company to work with
Assistant System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 November 2017
Depending on the project or client you are working with have extraordinary opportunities for learning and travelling.
Work life balance is very good then.
Has both Pros and cons
Mainframe (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 November 2017
Good job security
Long term projects
Opportunities to work on different customers
Lot of process
Less pay comparatively
Employee satisfactions is less
Pros
Good Job security
Cons
Less Pay and No employee satisfaction
Good company to work for
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Salaries may be low as per industry standard but it has a great work culture. Strong in its business ethics and very fair company policies. The quality of work is good and you can look forward to a good career path.
good place to start
Bilingual Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Quebec31 October 2017
it a good place to start your IT Career, you learn new networking technology. the people are very nice and knowledgeble, friendly environment. the work is focusing on delivering good customer service to client
TCS Canada
Technical System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2017
In TCS Canada you work for several TCS client in GTA based on your project. TCS canada timely provide us course and training to help to grow in company. Good RRSP benefit and they only give 2 weeks vacation to all the new joinees.
Pros
No Probation Period, Good learning envirionment
Cons
difficult to move in between vendors
Great company for entry level IT consultants
Test Automation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
TCS is a great company if you are looking to gain entry level experience in the IT industry. Their management is very hands off and for majority of your placements you will be reporting to the site manager. TCS also offers a mandatory 6 week training program in Java before you get placed. You learn all the java basics and then get placed at a client. Majority of the client positions are hit or miss. Most enjoyable part of the job for me is the freedom I have on my team to innovate or offer solutions using the newest technologies.
Pros
Great pay, Freedom
Cons
Not much room for career advancement, Positions are hit or miss
Fun placec
Markit Developer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CT19 October 2017
good company to work for. Worked for almost 6 years. @ years at onsite and 2 years at offshore. Experience is good at both the locations. Company which gives you a job security.
Overall a great organisation to work with.
Head Of Business Development, UK & Europe (Current Employee) –  Greater London14 October 2017
TCS is a wonderful organisation to work with. The company provides ample opportunity to anyone who is willing to be a self starter and willing to go beyond ones job remit.
Pros
Global work experience
Cons
Below average work life balance
I have six years of experience in Business Development.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2017
I have six years of experience in Business Development, have a good experience in coordinating internal teams, performing marketing research, reporting to senior management, identifying new business opportunities, and maintaining client relationships
Good place to start as a fresher.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra10 October 2017
I had a good work experience at TCS as I got to learn how everything works in a corporate world. Being my first job I got to develop my skills in various aspects.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long Hours
Secure Place
Support Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 October 2017
As such company has many projects and assocaites can move between multiple prpjects
Meet different people from diffrenet cultures
Learn a lot with IT aspiring motivated people
No work life balance
IT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2017
Not a great place to work for. Expectation to work without overtime pay. No work life balance. You will get a call at anytime of the day including vacation and you are expected to work.
AN inclusive environment with Challenges
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, UK18 September 2017
My day at work will be managing and handling stakeholders and opportunity to learn various other process to enhance my knowledge.
Have been involved in challenging projects which has helped me in shaping up my skill as a much sought for Business Analyst.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the stakeholder management which turns out to be the most challenging as well.

Provides a professional workplace culture that enables us to pursue our personal and professional achievements.
Stay Away
Head of Learning and Development for Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Horrible workplace culture with a strong hierarchy in place. This may be a large IT company, but they need to learn respect for their employees. The lack of not only respect but dignity at times in the way most the senior team treats everyone below them, was awful. One of the worst offenders was the director of HR. That should say it all.
k to work
Program Management Officer Lead (Former Employee) –  Indian Bay Bb, NL11 September 2017
this is indeed the same. as earlier

TCS is good for techies and not for finance guys as they do not get into core finance expect if you are in corporate
Pros
ok
Cons
noting great, no proper work life balance
Good
End to End Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
Good but no easy to climb up the ladder. Need a lot of connection and need to know the right people to get help at the right time. Too much process oriented, talent sometimes goes unnoticed.
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Good and secured. Place where we can gain experience if we are interested to put extra effort.

Long hours n weekend depending on the project.

abcdef

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.