Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Employee Reviews

A good company to start your career
Lead Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Delhi17 April 2018
TCS is a good company to start your career. It will provide opportunity to learn and grow at a slow pace, which is essential in the formative days of a career.
Pros
Less responsibility
Cons
Middle Management
Good Company to start with
Lead Analyst/Developer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX14 April 2018
Good Company to start with....better onshore opportunities. Better job security but very rigid in any policy changes/update which is expected with any BIG Company.
Body shopping outfit
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
If you join through TCS India then you may have a chance to move around however if you are hired via TCS Canada then its essentially a body shopping outfit.
my favourite place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gurugram India2 April 2018
As said by someone.People dont leave organization but managers,Management plays important role,If you get good one this is best to work.I got lots of chances to do social work also which provides peace of mind
Associated
Associate (Current Employee) –  indin1 April 2018
I don't feel my job is very typical since i have good knowledge on particular ERP and i have strong commend on domain.I always use enjoy my work and keep it busy.
Pros
Less salary pay
Cons
Overall Average
Good Experience and Work life Balance
BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
The company give a good experience in different roles. Only thing is that the pay is a little low in comparison to the the responsibilities that I had to take up.
Conviction Experience in Project
SAP CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 March 2018
Good Job benefit and with great work life balance..Good policy for employee benefit and transparency in management. TCS known for value driven campaign for society.
User experience architecture and design of web and mobile applications
UX Architect (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, RI17 March 2018
On a day to day basis, I am involved in requirement gathering sessions or sprint grooming sessions with product owners, business stakeholders, create UI wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
No recognition for work
Good
Senior SAP BASIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Delhi14 March 2018
Good Company to work here, the environment of work is better and it is nice to work at TATA Consultancy services.
My role and responsibility contains SAP BASIS Administration
Avoid this employer
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
This is a culture driven company that support there own culture more than the American cultured employees.

I strongly recommend you do your research to see if you would enjoy working here.

Long working hours make it hard to have a life outside of work. It actually made me sick as I developed diabetes during my time with TCS.
Good
Senior QA Lead/Test Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
Stable and good working culture. Reliable with job security. Motivated team members to grow. Highly paid. Gives chance to grow. Happy to work here and can refer.
Experience varies greatly based on method of hiring and placement
Functional Systems Analyst - Salesforce.com (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 February 2018
I enjoyed my position and enjoyed the client I was hired to work for however I found that there was a lack of communication from site management (no HR person readily available to speak with). I was a visible minority within the TCS talent pool and did not feel part of the group. I had no onboarding with TCS so was left floundering trying to get myself acquainted with TCS processes, where to find documentation ect and the TCS employee webmail and website is poorly designed considering TCS is a IT company. Hours put into the client was 10 hours a day and then still expected to keep up with mandatory online trainings for TCS outside of client billable hours - no work life balance. Compensation was good as were benefits. I understand that some employees get real onboarding and they may ultimately have a better experience. My first day with TCS was also my first day with the client.

If the communication, inclusion and technology within TCS get better I'd be happy to return.
Cons
Long hours, lack of onboarding, lack of culture on individual sites
An excellent company to work in
I.T.Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Bengal4 February 2018
TCS is an excellent company to work in. Work culture & work environment is extremely good. The exposure TCS provides to its employees is commendable. The management of the company is also mentionworthy
Pretty decent
Business System Analyst - Aviva Canada (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
Well, one of the decent companies among the list of numerous IT service provider firms. They're only as good as the account/client you get to work with.
Pros
Job Security, Decent Salary
Cons
Slow career growth
Provided Onsite Experience
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 January 2018
TCS has helped me get international experience and an opportunity to directly interact with clients and understand their expectations. TCS also provided me with an opportunity to gain management experience both at home and work place.
A decent start, but not worth it in the long run
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
TCS sends employees out to multiple clients across the GTA. They do not care about the employees career path, or needs, simply if the client has the role filled. Once the employee is in said role, TCS virtually doesn't exist, as long as the job keeps getting done. They teach the concept of "flexibility" to the employees stating that we must bend to the clients needs, which means staying late, working overtime without pay, or doing a job unrelated to the job signed up for.

The pay and benefits are good, but you won't see a future with TCS. Every employee I know is still at the same position, and leaves within a year. Overall its solid if you're just starting out, but expect a cold mega-conglomerate with boring office work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, no future, poor communication
Still a Company from India
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
TCS wants to be a global company, but still projects a work culture of Asia. Many senior managers do not have the same background of the North American work environment.
Pros
Large organization
Cons
Still has culture of India
good start for refreshers
QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
I enjoy my work in TCS , good salary and benefits, people are friendly, so many learning resources....................................................
Pros
good salary for refreshers
Cons
work over time sometimes, you reach a certain level and no more growing
Web Product Support (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region4 January 2018
straight up calls to the clients
make a fast service to achieve required number of calls
fast paced management
standard BPO call center
Working hours on night shifts are hard
Pros
Experience
Cons
Night shifts
Balanced work at TCS
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2017
Its a balanced life at TCS with good job security, good management and friendly environment. Salary is as per servce Industry standards. I would recommend it to a friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K