TaskRabbit Employee Reviews

Don’t waste your time
Tasker (Former Employee) –  DC, DC13 February 2019
Find something more reliable and dependable. Their system is terrible for the Tasker. No security and no consideration for the individual Tasker. Task Rabbit has too much control over your ability to get work and how much you’re paid and what is considered reasonable for pay.
Good for making money on the side
Tasker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA4 January 2019
Good way to make some money on the side, you control your schedule and rates, so you can work as much or as little as you want to. Good for people going to school.
Pros
Make your own hours, rates
Cons
Have to be good at self management
Full Time Corporate Professional, Part Time Tasker
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA3 December 2018
I am only a part time Tasker on the weekends. This review is solely reflective of my own short experience on the platform. I started as I am quite young, early twenties, thus I have the time and energy for the more labor intensive moving tasks, and a significant toolkit that assists in handyman, assembly, mounting, and Ikea assembly jobs. I do not recommend this as a full time job simply due to the lack of full time benefits. For those looking at the gig economy for supplemental income I do recommend it over other gig apps. For carpenters, machinists, or generally those technically inclined it can offer a reasonably compensated side hustle.

TLDR: Good for those with the physically technical skills and tools, as well as physically strong.

Bad is the long time for communicating with HQ.

This platform is just another way for individuals to garner clients and who you are is ultimately what determines how you do.
Pros
Ikea installation is incredibly fair if you complete it in the time.
Cons
Ikea underestimates the time it takes to assemble
customer service
tasker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA11 November 2018
it is very open, one works at your own schedule.
clean heavy lift mow lawns trim lawn
deliver objects transport things so on and so forth. yes I recommend this for anyone who has a schedule issue.
Great company
Tasker (Former Employee) –  Multiple Cities7 November 2018
I was a Tasker to subsidize income. It was great! You take all of your talents, put a price on it and sell yourself! I'm thinking about signing up again.
Pros
Your hours, your rates
Flexible Tasks and Hours
Local entrepreneur and independent contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 October 2018
Better variety than your run of the mill Postmates or Uber app. You set your price, hours, location, etc. and I really like that you can work in most major cities.
A real shame
Tasker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 September 2018
Taskrabbit is such a good idea and could be to hiring people what Amazon is to selling things one day but this company is so poorly managed, so understaffed, so underfunded that it is way worse than Uber. Uber has done a complete re-shuffle of management. Task rabbit is going to implode from the weight of it's own client & taster complaints.
If you hustle, are smart and can get past the frustrations then TR may work out for you. But trust me, this company sucks in every way I see described by other reviewers here.
Pros
you can hustle if you want
Cons
Management are incompetent liars, software is absurdly bad, support literally doesn't exist!
Current Tasker
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 September 2018
TaskRabbit started out as something I truly enjoyed working for. Down the line, everything changed. They started removing more and more things while giving us less and less as workers. I managed to work hard enough to become an Elite Tasker where this used to mean you got more work, you were considered first for new tasks, had the opportunity to work at HQ, and a dedicated customer support line just for Elite Taskers. My last good month was back in May when I was still pulling in at least $1200 from a repeat client. Once I became Elite, I stopped getting steady clients for a while. I got featured as a Tasker of the week as well but I still couldn't get a client. It appears that since they were bought out IKEA, they have been focusing on the taskers that have building, moving, and shipping the most. It isn't fair to the others like myself who built my career on executive and magerial work. I have complained to customer support countless times. Then they brought in this new Great Value badge which means that people who are charging the minimum wage that Task Rabbit is already suggesting to us, get this badge. While experienced Contractors like myself are not even in the rotation.
Plenty of clients have mentioned that they have hired me because they saw I was Elite and saw that all of my reviews were stellar. This new marketing also hurts the clients because not all lower rate taskers are unqualified but it doesn't mean that you are getting someone who can do the job. Sometimes I am hired after a client had one tasker who couldn't do the job. It reduces the great platform that
  more... TaskRabbit has had built up over the years.
I sincerely wish that whoever is running the company really thinks about the damage their newest campaign is doing to taskers and clients alike.
Pros
Cons
lack of steady clients, more scammy clients than usual, lack of customer support, unfair and irrational business metrics that make no sense at all
Terrible long term place to work for good for a just extra money
Maid/Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New York, NY16 September 2018
They don't care about the taskers only the clients. A client didn't pay me and even though I had proof they liked on me I still didn't get paid.i would only suggest you do this for extra money not a source of income.
Independent Contractor
Tasker (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 September 2018
TaskRabbit is a great place to work for those with extra free time, needing extra income, or between jobs. It is an app-based service, whereby you provide help for those in need who don't have enough time in their day to complete all the necessary "tasks." You set your own rate and hours and work at your own leisure at skills that you have and can help others with.
Pros
Set your own hours; set your own rates. Only doing work that you are comfortable and familiar with.
Cons
No health benefits. Work is based on others' hiring you.
Great experiences, people and fun.
Handy Man / Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL23 August 2018
I've been with the company since March of 2018 and I have the flexibility I've always wanted and I look forward to everyday of work. I've learned so much and I see myself doing this for at least another year.
Pros
Plenty of flexibility
Cons
Terrible customer service
Terrible company to work for! They do NOT care for you at all.
Task Rabbit Elite (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 August 2018
I would not recommend to my worst enemy. TR treats you like garbage and has no customer care or service. The do not respect their employees and will throw you under the bus at any time. You are always guilty or anything wrong until proven innocent. They will make judgments on their employees before even talk with them. Never seen anything like it in my 27 years of professional work in the work force.
Pros
Cons
Management, no phone number for support
Fleixbility Galore
Independent Contractor/ Residential Craftsman (Current Employee) –  New York, NY27 July 2018
As a Tasker on the app you can tell that this is an extremely well run company. Great support as well as a constantly updating and improving platform on which to work.
Fun and productive job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC17 July 2018
Working for Taskrabbit gas been great exoerience work wise and meeting people. The company likes to satisfy their taskers and their clients. Its a great place to work, have fun, and make money
Pros
Set your hours and days
Cons
Take up all problems with customer services
Task Rabbit For Profit is their core
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR11 April 2018
Task Rabbit won’t put any effort into resolving your bad reviews from clients that you haven’t even worked for... basically if you interacted with a client and you decided you are not comfortable to work in that house you can still get a bad review just because you didn’t work there! Be careful this will ruin your reputation because of few evil people and task Rabbit platform/customer service won’t do nothing about it and you will get the run around but Never real help!
Pros
Own schedule in a way
Cons
Task Rabbit doesn’t have your back in this process... on your own if you run into a nasty person
fun, enjoyable and be your own boss
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  sf bay area23 October 2017
its great if your willing to go for it. you get out what you put in to it the more your willing to work the more you make its all up to you and for the most part you meet neat people and its never the same thing.
taskrabbit
Tasker/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NY30 September 2017
I loved it. I was also 100 percent the entire time, but it's a job that was a good fit for my personality. I am a people person who needs freedom and the ability to have all that was there. The weird part is there are some bad fits for the people who hire you. I say ask a lot of questions if your task doesn't go well it reflects instantly on your matrix data reports that the customers see.
Pros
self employed
Cons
1/3 is taken out but they also get you work so its not bad
Great for the independent heart.
City Founding Tasker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA20 September 2017
Grab a job there if you have a real idea on what you like to work on. It is what you make of it that would determine your success and happiness while working there.
Great opportunity for self-employment
Tasker, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC19 August 2017
Think Uber, but for almost any task. What makes this stand out is clients can directly hire taskers or submit their tasks for any tasker to pick up (the latter is similar to Uber's actual business structure). It's a great opportunity for self-employees because the tasker sets his/her own schedule, task categories, and compensation rates for each category.
Pros
Great starter business for those just getting out on their own, many task categories available, flexible scheduling and compensation
Cons
Work is not consistent or reliable. Use this as a supplement to something else.
Flexible hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA14 August 2017
TaskRabbit is great when you prefer to manage your own hours and days in which you want to work. However you never know who's home you are walking into and at times can feel very unsafe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TaskRabbit. Our community is ready to answer.