Tarpin Lumber & Truss Management reviews

Typical Manufacturing
Labour (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON25 September 2018
Typical manufacturing place to work. Hours are great you get overtime and the pay is the norm. Things have changed some are taking time to get started but the change is good. People here say management isn’t any good but those people are just your usual negative people who were canned due to their negative attitudes or lack of work ethic. It doesn’t matter what position you hold there if you are willing to take on new tasks you can do just about anything there and you are rewarded with your efforts. These negative comments on here are only from people who deserved to be canned. I work there and it’s great and I like it.
Pros
Like the fact that I can move around in the company doing lots of things
Cons
Negative people
27 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

The team at Tarpin Lumber are constantly trying to improve - to become even better!

We value ideas and efforts of our team, to move forward together.

Decent Job Poor Management
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON6 September 2018
The hours of the job is not bad alot of OT as employees cannot meet deadlines due to poor wages none incentive compared to how much the material costs. Management only cares about money they do not care about you. No room for advancement Family and Friends run the place. Your opinions mean nothing will result in termination

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are disappointed to hear your feelings. It is our goal to make our working environment a positive one. We appreciate each team member, no matter what area they work in and we encourage them to provide feedback on an ongoing basis.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. It is with the perseverance and the drive of our team – that we will make improvements, so that together we succeed.

Buidler
Builder (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON27 August 2018
This is a great place to work!!
There are some people that pull the team down but if you want a job where you can come to work do your job and go home it's great. Management works with you they ask you for ideas and are open to change. They do care about their staff cause they have lots of things to do outside of work and they are always asking us what we'd like.
It is hard work but a challange
Pros
freeloaders, negative loosers who should quit
Cons
change and challanges
27 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

We value ideas and efforts of our team, to move forward together.

Management does not listen to employees concerns.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON18 July 2018
Used to be a great place to work. Change in management has meant many changes within the office environment. Employees no longer feel as if their opinion is being heard or valued. Feels as though you are a number and not a human being. Management says that the shop and office are getting the same treatment, yet shop employees get a lot more bonuses. Office employees are not being treated fairly within the team. Unrealistic deadlines within the design team.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not valued as an employee, no room for raises even if you are an exemplary employee and have zero errors.
30 July 2018

Horrible place to work
Fabricator and table leader (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON20 June 2018
Worked there for 2 years.
Management is not organized and don’t care about the problems that the employees under them face on a daily basis.
As a worker, you will not be valued and you will not likely see a raise. If you do you have to ask and ask and ask and eventually they will give you 1/4 of what u asked for.
Pros
Good benefits after 6 months
Cons
Not a valued employee, can never do good enough, make up for managers laziness, no raises.
31 July 2018

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. This includes increasing staff involvement in problem solving challenges – as its them who know best how to resolve issues!

Typical factory job
Truss Fabricator/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON6 March 2018
Management is very unorganized and puts a lot of pressure on truss plant workers to get the job done. No room for advancement or increase in salary, you practically have to beg them even if you are an outstanding employee that has been there for a while. The employees are all easy going so the atmosphere is good. The work is tedious and repetitive. Hours are good.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Unorganized and no room for advancement
31 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us – we appreciate it!

We are pleased to hear your supportive words about our positive work environment. In order to build a healthy productive team, we know that our work environment is the foundation.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. This includes increasing staff involvement in problem solving challenges – as it is the staff themselves who know best how to improve things!