Tarpin Lumber & Truss

Tarpin Lumber & Truss Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
If your not afraid of hard work in a fast paced, loud, and dusty environment then you'll be fine. If in the truss plant you will have to be able to pick things up quickly independently as very little instruction and training is given.
It was a great place to work they were nice and amazing people to work for they taught me a lot of stuff I did not know and they always made sure that work was safe
Pros
Builder
Picking lumber for the cutter so trusses could be fabricated quick and efficiently. Also built jacks on the side and banded loads . Helped out in the yard when i could and also built trusses myself .
It was an ok job for time being I appreciated the money but then of course it was just time to move on. I got into a union right after leaving so after was perfect getting that construction-type experience before entering a union.
I worked in the office at the order desk for 6 weeks. My co worker had told me many times that it had taken her 6 MONTHS to finally have everything click. I was told after 6 weeks that I wasn’t getting it fast enough. I was taken by surprise. This was also right after I shared with the office manager of my mental health struggles so I am sure that affected her decision as well. The sales people run the place and if they don’t like you, be prepared to not stay long. Unprofessional and unhelpful.
I enjoyed working there, it was fun everyone is so friendly and talkative, there is always music playing so it helps the time pass. good pay good wages, management was okay, nothing special. I worked in the summer and it was kinda hot but we were allowed to dress accordingly. I would go again but the only downside is getting up at 6am
Pros
always hours, music all day, friendly co workers
Cons
long hours, early mornings, management could be better
day to day task for physically demanding, but very enjoyable place to work for, my supervisor was a great guy easy to work with very knowledgable, taught me many things about hydraulics.
Just had an interview there. Even got the job n was told to start monday.. i have 4 years framing experience. 4 years general construction experience.. n they wanted to start me at 16$....if u want experience and hardworking ppl pay for it or start hiring 15 16 yr olds becuase no one with that much experience would work for 16$..
Pros
Dont know
Cons
Very cheap
I worked here for about...A year and 3 months, and I liked the expierience of being able to work with wood and learn a little bit how the housing market works. The Team was very respectful and helpful when needed. If you want a honest working experience for labour work and you like wood work, its a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Multiple Positions
Cons
Repetitive
27 February 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us – we appreciate it!

We are pleased to hear your supportive words about our positive work environment. In order to build a healthy productive team, we know that our work environment is the foundation.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. This includes increasing staff involvement in problem solving challenges – as it is the staff themselves who know best how to improve things!
Production is always on the go and people are work together in great teams, always something to do around the place. safety always comes first. very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
BBQ lunches
Cons
Early hours
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

The team at Tarpin Lumber are constantly trying to improve - to become even better!

We value ideas and efforts of our team, to move forward together.
Typical manufacturing place to work. Hours are great you get overtime and the pay is the norm. Things have changed some are taking time to get started but the change is good. People here say management isn’t any good but those people are just your usual negative people who were canned due to their negative attitudes or lack of work ethic. It doesn’t matter what position you hold there if you are willing to take on new tasks you can do just about anything there and you are rewarded with your efforts. These negative comments on here are only from people who deserved to be canned. I work there and it’s great and I like it.
Pros
Like the fact that I can move around in the company doing lots of things
Cons
Negative people

We value ideas and efforts of our team, to move forward together.
The hours of the job is not bad alot of OT as employees cannot meet deadlines due to poor wages none incentive compared to how much the material costs. Management only cares about money they do not care about you. No room for advancement Family and Friends run the place. Your opinions mean nothing will result in termination
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are disappointed to hear your feelings. It is our goal to make our working environment a positive one. We appreciate each team member, no matter what area they work in and we encourage them to provide feedback on an ongoing basis.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. It is with the perseverance and the drive of our team – that we will make improvements, so that together we succeed.
This is a great place to work!!
There are some people that pull the team down but if you want a job where you can come to work do your job and go home it's great. Management works with you they ask you for ideas and are open to change. They do care about their staff cause they have lots of things to do outside of work and they are always asking us what we'd like.

It is hard work but a challange
Pros
freeloaders, negative loosers who should quit
Cons
change and challanges

We value ideas and efforts of our team, to move forward together.
Used to be a great place to work. Change in management has meant many changes within the office environment. Employees no longer feel as if their opinion is being heard or valued. Feels as though you are a number and not a human being. Management says that the shop and office are getting the same treatment, yet shop employees get a lot more bonuses. Office employees are not being treated fairly within the team. Unrealistic deadlines within the design team.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not valued as an employee, no room for raises even if you are an exemplary employee and have zero errors.
30 July 2018
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Worked there for 2 years.
Management is not organized and don’t care about the problems that the employees under them face on a daily basis.

As a worker, you will not be valued and you will not likely see a raise. If you do you have to ask and ask and ask and eventually they will give you 1/4 of what u asked for.
Pros
Good benefits after 6 months
Cons
Not a valued employee, can never do good enough, make up for managers laziness, no raises.
We wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge we have areas we need to improve. We also acknowledge we are changing the way we do things. This includes increasing staff involvement in problem solving challenges – as its them who know best how to resolve issues!
People come and go on s daily basis. Working in the pouring rain or snow all day tends to get you sick quite often. They would also run out of material for us to cut or for us to put all the cut wood. Then every morning tell us we had a bad day. Yet it was out of our hands. Didn’t seem fair to blame the workers when they couldn’t provide the proper materials to have a good day
Pros
Benefits and vacation paid
Cons
Feel the life getting sucked from you
31 July 2018
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us – we appreciate it!

We are disappointed to hear your feelings.

It is our goal to make our working environment a positive one - for our entire team!
Management is very unorganized and puts a lot of pressure on truss plant workers to get the job done. No room for advancement or increase in salary, you practically have to beg them even if you are an outstanding employee that has been there for a while. The employees are all easy going so the atmosphere is good. The work is tedious and repetitive. Hours are good.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Unorganized and no room for advancement
31 July 2018

I am on a line of tables building roof trusses we get biweekly bonuses plus piece work the company itself is well maintained and been around a long time awesome company to work for
30 July 2018