TARKETT

TARKETT Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews

Interesting and progressive place to work

I enjoyed most aspects of working there and the people I worked with. Salary and benefits are good. Workload, Management and culture are works in progress.

factory work.. decent pay and great co workers

Tarkett was a carpet manufacturing factory, like most factories they are hard on your body and mind. They paid well and had great benefits. The most enjoyable part of working for Tarkett was my co workers.

Insights into TARKETT

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Great people, great work environment, and had healthy initiatives for all staff, such as annual health fairs and free fitness center.

At Tandus-Centiva Truro a Tarkett company, the primary focus was on safety, ensuring we all went home safe at the end of the day. I felt I was walking into a world Class plant with safety at the forefront. Tarkett fostered a clean, friendly work environment, and both union and staff worked as one team with one goal, the success of our plant. It was an excellent plant to work in with employee appreciation dinners, Christmas dinners, and a full fitness center at no cost to the employees. Our primary initiatives were Protect the People and Protect the Customers. I am proud to save the Truro plant had the lowest Customer Claims of all North American Plants. That says a lot about the teamwork we had, and working towards total Quality.

Winder

I loved my job at tarkett the pay was great they are unionized the work was hard but not overly hard great co workers BUT there was no management the supervisors was crooked they could get away with murder and never get Vought or mine did anyways which made it impossible for job security one would lie the other would swear to it that's how I lost my job. But with that being said I would love to go back but they closed the doors on our building in Nova Scotia.

Pros

Pay, co workers, shifts

Environement de travail agréable

Bonne cohésion d'équipe, projets intéressant donnés aux stagiaires.

Factory closing

I worked at the carpet factory for 14 years and just last week learned that it is closing permanently on July 16, 2019. It was a good job, the hardest part was shift work. I was happy when I finally secured a day position.

Bonne entreprise

Grosse entreprise qui donne la chance de travailler a son rythme

Horrible place to work

Was a wever 1 for 5 years. They will work you like a dog with absolutely no thank you. If the supervisors dislike you in anyway they will make your life a living nightmare. Only good thing about the job is the pay is decent... other then that STAY AWAY.

Pros

Good pay

Yarn mill winder

Pay is ok you get paid weekly which is great but you have to work hard very hard, with absolutely no thanks from the company they work your assistance to the bone and your not allowed to have a spouse r child and if you do and they get sick your assistance is fired. They try to keep you for your 90;days probation then they will fire you the day before your probation period ends...not a good place to work at all...not recommended to anyone. I missed one day because I was new to the town and I knew no one and my truck broke down and I had to have it towed to a garage and that was the ONLY DAY I missed in 90 days and they fired me ALSO 2 months ago my husband had 2 strokes back to back and was rushed to the hospital while I was at work and they WOULD NOT ALLOW ME to go to the hospital to be with my husband and if I did I would have been fired as it turned out through all of that they fired me ONE DAY BEFORE my probation period was up and I was NEVER LATE EVER...thanks TARKETT FOR NOTHING!?!!!!!

Pros

Pay

European Company

I enjoyed my time with this organization. Ultimately, management chose to focus more on the European end of the business; a lack of investment in product updates affected the North American division substantially.

Équipe de vente énergique, motivante, beau produit

Très belle entreprise de la région, de caractère mondiale. Mon rôle consistait à prendre les commandes téléphoniques de tout les détaillants de couvre plancher Canadiens qui offrait nos produits en leur magasin. Soutien pour les vendeurs sur la route. Responsable des échantillonages des détaillants Canadiens Apprendre sur les couvres planchers de toutes sortes, visiter l'usine afin de connaitre les différents procédés de fabrication. Malheureusement, cette entreprise est en déclin, nous étions 11 au service à la clientèle ils sont maintenant 3.

Pros

Proximité du travail

Old company struggling to modernize due to lack of skills in management team

Culture is heavily unionized and has been in Truro for over 50 years so has a very aged workforce.Little to no turn over as there is no real promotion prospects other than dead mans shoes.Has a parent company that will keep the company there for a few more years but needs a major overhaul.Hardest part of the job is seeing what can be done but the management team are very set in their ways, lack skills, fear for their jobs, so its a culture of being a yes man and keeping knowledge to yourself to give the impression you are indispensable.Production personnel are general good but work in hot conditions in the summer and cold in the winter.Staff work in air conditioned offices, come and go as they please, late or absent often, but production punch in and out and not allowed to have a minute unaccounted for.

Pros

Great for staff, Offices have air conditioning, Staff can pop in and out anytime, Staff have preffered parking, Reasonable wages, Has a profitable parent company, Safety is taken seriously

Cons

Vending machines only, no hot food, Too hot to do physical work in the summer, Only 1 break allowed a day off site for production, Too much fear in the environment

Système wcm rien de bon pour usine de farnham

Se système nous a fait reculer de 15 ans à arrière . Les chefs de secteur son manipulée comme des marionnettes Par un directeur d'usine .manque de communication dans les Départements .les gestionnaires de cette usine rien de bon Pour l'avenir.

Pros

Bon salaire

Cons

Il se fout des employés

employé Tarkett

chez tarkett on vas vous exploité dans une usine candienne bien payé mais c'est pas tout la paye

Pros

salaires

Cons

securité d'emploi

travaille de précision et d'observation et allerte au déroullement.

appris plusieurs poste différent , avec les années cela vient routinier .

Pros

salair et confiance du suppèrieur

Cons

manque de communiquation

routignier

bon travail,manque de communication et formation,très chaud,ect...

Pros

salaire

Cons

formation, communication

moyen

travaille rituelle. tous les journée se resemble ,avec le temps.

Pros

salair

Cons

formation, communiquation

Très bonne compagnie!Axé sur la qualité et le service client.

Je travaille chez Tarkett.inc depuis 1997 et j'ai grandement apprécié mon expérience et mon évolution de; -Journalier,Inspecteur,Opérateur,Ajusteur d'encre,Technicien imprimeur,Chef d'équipe sur la table d'inspection. La compagnie nous a donné plusieurs formations ;-santé sécurité au travail - Simdut - formation de chariot élévateur, - cours de plate-forme élévatrice,- cours de palan( pont amovible) Tout au long des années, il y a eu des changements technologiques et des ajustements, comme: transférer des encres à solvant pour des encres à l'eau pour se conforme à l'environnement. Nous avons aussi eu un grand changement de la ligne de production qui était en 3 parties pour la mettre en continue et sauver du temps et de l'argent. Il y a eu aussi robotisation au mélange qui a bien sûr amené des coupures sur plusieurs postes. Maintenant,je souhaite relever de nouveaux défis et à persévérer dans un milieu de travail valorisant qui me permet d'avancer et de me dépasser.

Pros

Bon avantage!Bonne condition de travail!

Cons

Saturé en avancement et coupure de poste

Le travaille sécuritaire

Bon suivi point de vue csst, bonne ambiance de travaille ,bonne appréciation envers les employer ,bon sousis du travaille. Beaucoup de court offert et payer par l'employeur.Pas trop physique,bonne équipement de travaille pour éviter les blessures. Point négatif,travailler avec des produits toxiques.

Pros

OVER-TIME TEMPS QUE L'ON VEUT AVEC PAUSE ET REPAS PAYER

Cons

PRODUIT TOXIQUE, MAIS BONNE PROTECTION.

grande entreprise

Tarkett est une grande entreprise qui comporte plusieurs usine à travers le monde. L'administration est très lourd et les décisions sont pries aux états-unis. L'usine est fortement syndiquer

environnement de travail agréable

une belle journée de travail bien planifié,qui commence par Gembatsu , le meeting d'ingénierie/maintenance et produire un plan d'action de la journée pour l'équipe. il y a une bonne gestion au niveau de l'ingénierie et de la maintenance, une équipe motivante et dynamique constituée des ingénieurs et superviseurs de maintenance......

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TARKETT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement