Target Employee Review

Promised all sorts of thing and landed flat
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lindsay16 October 2013
I was recruited into this company to work full time hours and promised that I'd get a TL lead if I caught on to their training. Well that training never happened. Quickly realized that wasn't going to happen bc unless you are buddy buddy with management it's not going to ever happen.

Moving on from that if I were to look at it like a job, it was hostile, there were a lot of disgruntled workers complaining of course bc they didn't get hours etc but they also bad mouthed everyone behind their back. Then there were the TL who dissed the workers behind their back, wasn't a great overall good feeling going in each morning altho I did just start to focus on going in to do ''the job'' .

Team Leads were the worst, just directed and didn't take time to teach you anything like they said they would. They took the butt kissers front and center, you know the ones bringing in cookies to the mngmt.

Good work ethic resulted in good hours (where I came in) but you get dumped more and more responsibility and pushed past what is deemed what they called work life family balance. For instance I had 2 weeks to move and relocate and I was told, never going to transfer to another company unless you work the full 2 weeks. Good luck with that when you have kids and a house to buy so I left to fulfill my family obligations.

No I wouldn't work their if you paid me better, even tho the benefits were great I found it really lacked in that customer focus they strived to preach in the first cycle resulted in ''stick your head in the box -stock '' and who cares about the guests.

Shame really.
Pros
Lots of incentivatives like free food
Cons
bad mouthing and poor work ethic on TL parts that resulted in the rest of us all to suffer

Other Target Employee Reviews

Fun work Environment.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Target took very good care of their employees. Not only did they have a stable work environment but they also used to have votes for best workers and most impressive workers of the year.
Target
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 April 2018
I loved working for Target Canada. Had a great family atmosphere.
Sad that they had to close.
Enjoyed every moment at Target.
Great work hours
Management was amazing
Pros
extended family
Cons
closing its doors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

58.8K