Target Employee Reviews for Merchandise Flow Team Member

Was great while it lasted
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
I had such a joy working here while we still had it in canada. Sad to know it didnt get to stay around much longer because everything was so flexible and easy
Amazing and gone too soon
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON8 May 2018
I only worked there shortly and it was the most amazing spot to work. A lot more freedom to do your job at your own speed without judgement. There was very apparent advancement when you excelled at your position, as well. They had amazing benefits and amazing culture that cared about the employee as a person rather than the employee as a number. I was sad to hear that Target hadn't taken off in Canada. It was ahead of it's time.
Fun place to work
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON23 February 2018
For me I would be going around the entire store covering positions that needed to be covered. There was always something to do for me so I was always busy. Everyone who I worked with was so great to be around, they made you feel extremely comfortable to work there. Management was great as well, I have only minor grievances with a couple of the managers there; nothing of note. Workplace culture was kind of laid back, there were jobs that had to get done and sometimes I had a lot on my plate (I would be working in 3 different departments working on multiple things at once) and wouldn't be able to get everything done once in a blue moon. The hardest thing to do was balance all of the work that I would have to do in any given day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people there. Everyone who I spoke to was so nice and genuine and those people made my worst days better. I learned so much while I was there, I would say that, that was my first real job and learning how to take on the responsibility of so many jobs at once and learning how I react to that pressure was the best thing I learned there.
Pros
Wonderful people, an excellent working environment
Cons
Long hours on consecutive days
Was a good job
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 December 2017
The job itself was pretty good. The problem was we never had stock for sale items because there was always trouble getting through customs. They should have only opened a couple stores to test out the market. Canada clearly did not want Target and the way Target operates probably would never work here.
Great team culture
Brand Merchandising Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2017
I loved working with Target Canada. They had good values and employed hard working people. Shame it didn't last, due to poor logistics practices. We tried really hard to help the store succeed but it was impossible as a whole.
Company that didn't know what they were doing
FLOW TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
I only took the job with Target because I haven't worked for over a year. Truth is the problem wasn't with the storm themselves it was the management who didn't know what to do. Overall it wasn't the worst job I ever had but I'm glad I'm not there anymore.
Amazing place to work, aside from the whole bankruptcy
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 August 2017
Excellent place to work. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a job, even the 4 am shifts. Miss my coworkers like crazy. Learned alot about sales and merchandising.
unorganized with merchandise
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 July 2017
typical day would be: punch in my employee number, go to the backroom and start preparing cages so people can throw the boxes the merchandise is in. Our team unpackaged and put out on the floor, over 600 items per truck in 2 hours.
What I learnt is that target Canada is definitely not competitive in the Canadian Market for example: trucks I moved were not packed efficiently. merchandise in store was mislabeled and unorganized. customers expected lower prices comparable to U.S. prices. Management was fun but uninspiring. workplace culture is good . hardest part about the job was the intense labour at 5 am in the morning. The most enjoyable part about the job was the employee discount which wasn't even that good. i'm a UofT Graduate with an HBA in CCIT so i'm not just blowing smoke.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
early laborious hours
2 floor Target
Overnight Flow Team (Former Employee) –  East York, ON18 July 2017
Target is a great place to work with good prices on products. It is one of the very few places where I received adequate recognition for the work I did. Opportunity to work overtime if required.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Store closure
Awesome place to work, while it was here
Flow team (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 July 2017
I loved my time with target, the culture was great, as was the work life balance and benefits. I will miss working there. It is a shame that they decided to pull out when they did.
very professional and fun workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2017
Target is a great company to work for if you like retail work. The management was really nice and friendly. I only worked the morning shift there. I had the days off I needed if I needed any. sometimes during the morning shift we would get busy but never to busy.
I loved the friendly environment. Target knows how to treat their team members. I have nothing negative to say about Target. I have worked as a flow team member and sales floor associate, there was hard times but are team leaders would always motivate us.Everyone was friendly and did their best to help you out right away. It felt like a family environment and you can find everything you need easily
FLOW TEAM MEMBER-BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 June 2017
Had fun unloading trucks and making drinks and learning a skill out side of the grocery business. It was great environment witg great supportive managment and co workers
Doesn`t exist anymore
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 June 2017
I made lifelong friends there, so there`s that. That`s about it though. I was happy to leave, and happy that they don`t operate in Canada anymore. Didn`t care for most of the management.
Productive and fun workplace
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 May 2017
During my day I would set up a line and unload many trucks with a team of people. We would categorize to products into sections of the door and then those skids would be picked up on pallet jacks and taken to the isle. Then unload onto the shelves. Any over stock would be moved by pallet jack towards the warehouse and stock as backstock. I did all of these duties and rotate daily. Then I would scan the product into the system. I would greet guest and assist them when needed. Target was great a giving their employees snacks and lunches.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
lack of hours
good for the time
Stock Clerk - Flow Team / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 May 2017
i worked in the mornings as a flow stock clerk. worked well and liked it until they pulled out of Canada putting me out of a job. i learned to use a basic scanner gun that is used to receive most inventory in most places.
Target Canada is now closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
While working at Target I had a great time. First job, and it was friendly but still filled with responsibilities. Learned a lot from it, however management could use a bit of work.
Target was awesome! Until it closed.
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2017
Management wasn't the greatest, but the rest of the job was awesome. We had free food and events. The job was workable, with hours being easily negotiated.
Shop Electronics and clothes
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 March 2017
I was enjoyed to checking on the list for accessories and I was fast processing the box. I want to make sure for a locker with DVD, Ipad and games and I checked on the list finish. I gave the list paper to Leadership or Executive.

There are a lot of clothes boxes. My team's women used to work for clothes and they need to help me I usually the memory clothes area for separate men, woman, kids and baby.
Pros
my team know lunch on time
Cons
30 mins
Great place
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Fun atmosphere. Hard working staff. Great management. Busy throughout entire shift. Best part of the job is the hours and benfits
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Not in Canada
Waste Of Time
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 November 2016
When they were stationed in Canada I personally felt like they weren't tryin to get to know there customer base, I also felt like they struggled to keep up with the other stores in thier category. But over all it was a good experience and I am happy for the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Target. Our community is ready to answer.

59.2K