Taranis Contracting Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work, always busy.
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 June 2019
Worked has a truck driver for over 10 years, got the opportunity to move up to dispatch/supervisor. Really enjoy it, always busy and learning new things everyday.
Pros
always busy
Cons
long days
17 June 2019

We appreciate the dedication and hard work of all our team members and endeavour to promote from within whenever possible. We’re pleased to hear you’re enjoying your new career path.

Great Management, Modern Equipment and Always Lots of Work
Director, Roads and Structures - USA (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MN10 June 2019
Working in central Minnesota on interstate projects. The company is great to work for and has a great reputation with Mdot. Looking forward to being apart of the growth.
Pros
Employee advancement and Pension
Good personal life and work balance
Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 May 2019
I've been working in the shop for over 10 years now, love what I do and always busy. I learn new things everyday, enjoy working with my co-workers. I do get sent out of town for some jobs which I enjoy the change of scenery and pace. Still able to maintain an excellent work life and personal life balance. Overall great place to work!
Pros
Good Pay
29 May 2019

We're so glad to know you're happy in your job. Thank you for your positive remarks.

Fun and Challenging Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 May 2019
While I'm still pretty new here, I am very much enjoying the workplace culture here. I work in the office so my day consists of organizing and managing many people and projects at once. I like that even though I get very VERY busy, trying to juggle requests from multiple people, I never feel overwhelmed and stressed to the point of me taking my work home. And I know that if that did happen, I would be able to talk to my manager about it and have a conversation about solving the problem.

Knowing that there is lateral and/or upward movement in this company makes me excited for my future here.The culture is great, people are able to joke and have fun, while still being productive. I like it a lot so far.
Pros
Clear communication to management, room for movement, good people, casual environment
Cons
Very busy bursts, keeping everyone else organized in addition to myself
29 May 2019

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you're enjoying working with us.

Respectful company that values employees
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON2 May 2019
I enjoy coming to work everyday at this company. Every one supports each other to work towards delivering a high quality end product to all our customers.
Pros
Attractive compensation packages
29 May 2019

It's great to hear your positive feedback. Thank you so much.

Great work, good pay
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 May 2019
Great place to work. I’ve been with the company for over 5 years and have no complaints. Management is good and helpful when I needed some time off for health reasons. They are always willing to offer us training.
Pros
Pay, staff
Cons
Outdoors
29 May 2019

We're pleased to know you enjoy working at Taranis. Thanks for the positive review.

Very flexible workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 May 2019
Been driving truck for over 12 years, was fully retired then decided to go back to work part time. Taranis was able to give me the 3 days a week I wanted. Management is great and very understanding.
Pros
Flexible schedule
29 May 2019

We understand the importance of work/life balance and try to accommodate our employees whenever we can. We're glad you came out of retirement to join our team.

Great workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 May 2019
Amazing company to work for, always learning new things. Lots of room / opportunities to move up in the company. Great management and co-workers to work with.
29 May 2019

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear such positive comments.

Awsome workplace, great people and interesting work!
Licenced Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 April 2019
I have worked for the company for 16 years as an equipment operator. Management has always been fair and helped me whenever I have needed it. I would encourage anyone to come work here, it is simply the best.
Pros
Respectful and fair to all employees.
Cons
Some long hours, however infrequent.
29 May 2019

We greatly appreciate your dedication. Thank you for your review.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 April 2019
Fast-paced, busy, lots to do. Work is diverse. Always something new to learn. Management has treated me well. Co-workers are great. No major complaints.
Pros
Constantly learning
29 May 2019

Thank you so much for leaving such encouraging feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Above average pay, benefits, easy to climb the corporate ladder, lots of time and a half on OT
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 April 2019
I’ve worked there for over ten years. It’s a great place to work, great bunch of people to work with. Management has always been fair with me. I love my job and the people I work with. There are lots of people that have worked with me for the ten years I’ve been there. Says a lot about a company to have 40-50 people that are long term and stil enjoy what they do.
Pros
Stability- the taranis always has lots of work
Cons
Have to work outside when it’s cold out
23 April 2019

Thank you for the 5 star rating.
We appreciate your lengthy tenure with our company and are glad to hear you still enjoy what you do. Thanks for your loyalty.

Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 March 2019
Totally unorganise
Float Driver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 October 2018
Not great employment bad equipment maintenance little pay ran like a one man circus. I end up leaving the employment from my own.every truck i was asigned had a issue that wasn't reported by the last driver.to many hours to log and too many trucks to log in one day very hay wire
Pros
Lots of equiment
Cons
Poor maintenance
Good co workers knowledgable staff
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 June 2018
ive learned quite a bit working at taranis, although near the end it was quite long days, and if you need a day off it was frowned upon. hardest part of the job was all the manual labor and the best part of the job was learning and getting your pay no if ands or buts every two weeks
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
no days off. work work work
wasn't terrible
Junior Estimator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON15 January 2018
The management was good. everyone was treated fair. Long hours for little pay. When i was there they had a way to make you work all of the hours but not get any OT money just straight pay because when you are hired you are hired as seasonal
Pros
good people
Cons
work/life balance is rough
Respectful of employees, freedom to expand skills and helpful when needed.
Heavy Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 May 2017
I have had no complaints working for this company. They have done their best to accommodate me. My only issue is seasonal work as I would prefer something more year round.
Pros
Easy going
Cons
not enough hours
Good learning new aspects of operating equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 June 2016
Was given a variety of tasks to perform from new to recently perform tasks. Worked with other well. Worked long days, Worked more then 1 job site. Assisted others when required.
Pros
Gave time to pick up new tasks
Cons
low man on the latter..slow moving up.
Rock Crushing spread
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON31 March 2015
Felt like i would work very hard then by the time the night shift was finished it would be back to square one, superintendent spent most time in other pits making communication difficult. Terrible starting wages, had to demand more money or quit.
Pros
Learned quite a bit
Cons
long hours, terrible starting wage.
Low pay, no job security and poor management.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 November 2014
This employment is seasonal, I require a permanent job. The hourly pay is not sufficient, and the company is not properly managed. Hours are irregular which makes it difficult to manage my day to day lifestyle.
Pros
I enjoy running heavy equipment and physical labour.
Cons
Not treated fair and undermined.