Taqa North Employee Reviews

Relaxed workplace
Procurement Analyst - Commercial (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2018
Workplace is very relaxed however most management is not the best at providing direction or listening to employee needs. Very hard to get approval or to advance within company.
Employees and Employer were very informative and helpful
Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB27 February 2017
Everyday was very busy. I have learned a lot about production in oil and gas. Working with safety aspect was very interesting.
great company to work for
Production administrator (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB2 February 2016
Had a very busy one admin office - did production accounting, safety, maintenance planning and a multitude of other jobs for the area to run smoothly
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
got laid off
No So Fun Work Environment
Production & Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2015
If you aren't close with the Supervisor and Manager they will find reasons to get rid of hardworking employees. Since they are from Penn West they seem to only hire Ex Penn West Employees into the group.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor Management, Non Supportive team
Working with one other guy things went smooth
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Alaska highway24 September 2015
All around it was a good place to work
just some of other workers didn't do there job

there was a lot of good times at work even had time to go fishing at locate lake a lot of quading to get around which was good like the outdoors
Pros
fuel supplied
Cons
Great company with great values
Construction Logistics - Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab11 May 2015
TAQA is a great company. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, we had a very good group. Everyone worked together in order to better each other.
A company growing for the people and energy in the company and office
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2015
Generally data entry, dealing with a team motivated to working hard together.Continually learning new programs, implementing new processes, working through specific projects which I enjoyed, change was great, motivating and challenging to the mind. Enjoyable part was the interaction with co-workers within the office, vendors and suppliers...person to person contact. Open, honest communication throughout the company.
Pros
Alot of incentive for all employees through various ways
Cons
Company had to re-organize business and let go staff
Productive and experienced workpalce
Geophysicist (GIT) (Former Employee) –  calgary24 March 2015
I learned and experienced a lot about the upstream oil and gas industry with my three years rofessional experience at taqa north as a geophysicist
Was a good work environment, which provided me with good opportunities and valuable lessons.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 February 2015
In my time at tala I worked for 5 different Managers, Did learn different styles and how to interpret them.
I did like the staff that I worked with, we had a team approach which allowed all members to contribute.
Working with other departments can be challenging, definitely required negotiation and collaboration skills.
No 2 days were ever the same, variety kept it interesting and challenging.
Pros
My opinion did seem to matter.
Cons
Disconnecting work life was difficult for me personally.
Fun workplace with lots of learning opportunities
Reservoir Engineering (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2014
TAQA is a very young company with lots of skilled employees to learn from. What I love about TAQA was the challenging projects you had to work with. They will let you come up with your own solutions to the different problems while guiding you if you had any difficulties along the way.

At work, I had the chance to work with different projects in the oil industry because of the wide portfolio the company had. I also had the chance to interact with chiefs and VPs at the company which was really helpful in understanding your career path in the industry.

In general I think the company is a good place for learning. On the down side, management was not very keen to approving projects and looking for new ways to make the company productive. They were more of cost reduction type of operations which seemed very ineffective when not combine with applying new ideas from the newer engineers such as myself.
Great place to work!
Joint Venture Accountant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Calgary, AB24 November 2013
Great company to work at ,unfortunately due to sustained low Natural Gas prices they have had to reduce staff,sell properties to ensure the longer term viability of the company. My typical day consisted of dealing with Partners requesting backup and clarification of items invoiced to them and may include reversing and re-billing some of those items.
Pros
Positive working environment .
Cons
Volume of incorrect billings, volume of requests for backup!
One of Alberta top Best 75 places to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant, Exploration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2013
This company is currently re-structuring thier organization. The security level is below average at the moment. I have currently been laid off from Taqa North, due to recent lay-offs.

It was one of the best places that I have indeed encountered. My Director for whom I worked with, was an great example of what an executive should be. She is without a doubt, one of the greatest mentors I have enjoyed to work with. The benefits and salary were also top notch in its industry.
Pros
Benefits, such as vacation time and flex time. Long Term Retention Plan
Cons
Company Down Sizing
Good bunch of people to work with.
Field / Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 March 2013
Enjoyable job and people. I rated job security as low due to the fact that I was let go with a recent restructuring. Wonderful benefits and pay scale here.
Pros
positive feedback. lots of training and excellent benefits.
Good opportunity to learn more about land.
Senior Fee Title Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2012
I worked with a very good group of people and a great Supervisor. The benefits were good overall it was a learning experience. I found TAQA management heavy. My position was created in 2010 and eliminated in 2012 as I believe the expectations from management from this position were not thoroughly understood.
TAQA North is an amazing company to work for
RECRUITING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2012
I really enjoyed my time here. I like working for a smaller company, where people remember who you are. You are not lost in the crowd.