Tapestry at Wesbrook Village Employee Reviews

Fun work plance with awesome develop
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2016
A great experience in the restaurant part, applied my knowledge in the area of management and made me a great respect for everyone there. Organization, language, objective among several other aspects. Lots of positive people and always help each other. Recommended.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lot work in short time.
Beautiful Location and Wonderful Residents, but Management Challenges
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 April 2013
Working at Tapestry was a unique experience. The building was absolutely beautiful and the space design could not have provided a more pleasant atmosphere to work in. The residents were so kind, caring and just genuinely nice people. At times they provided challenges, but more often than not they were more concerned about how the staff was doing than anything else.

The management at Tapestry provided many challenges to employees however and did not create a pleasant or productive work environment. The turn-over rate at this location was alarming and management did not hear employees suggestions, concerns or comments ever. They enforced a STRICT hierarchy and encouraged workers to get in line, or find other employment. There was no opportunity to advance within this location, nor was there any incentive to provide outstanding work. New ideas were quickly dismissed, reprimanded or simply ignored. Furthermore, my situation grew quite concerning when my manager refused to provide contact details for our HR company and refused to respect employee-manager confidentiality. My manager would often share very private conversations with other managers and it was not clear that I could trust them. Things at this location grew too frightening for me to stay.
Pros
1 complimentary meal per shift, excellent pay, beautiful building
Cons
terrible management, difficulty getting benefits, scary working relationships