Tapestry

Tapestry Employee Reviews

The residence at Tapestry are great, although some can be difficult. The staff are friendly, and everyone will spend time with each other outside of work. There is a lot of high quality work expected of you for little pay. Management creates a stressful and negative work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and underpaid
I loved working at tapestry at Arbutus walk. There was a lack of communication between management/kitchen staff/ servers but overall I really liked it. I truly enjoy working with seniors, I felt that they were just like my grandparents with all their amazing stories and experiences. I miss them a lot
Pros
Good wages, benefits, delicious food
Cons
Lack of communication, weird scheduling (not consistent)
Not a great company to work for . Very depressing atmosphere Politics in all departments Under qualified managers Don’t care about the residents
Pros
No pros
Cons
You better say at home instead of working at this place
My coworkers were really nice and they were always there to help me! I'm sad I had to leave but this is a good place to work for. They give you a lot of food so you won't have to worry about being hungry
Pros
Free food
Cons
My peer used to not do his job correctly so I have to do part of his job(Dishwasher)
The Executive chef never went to Culinary school & neither has his Red seal or Food safe level 2. Google search engine is his education tool which he highly relies on.... Pathetic.. even a home cook can cook better than him. Food safety is a joke in that place.. which being a Senior home should be of a concern.
Pros
The most friendly staff I've ever worked with.
Cons
Management has no clue of what they need to focus on.
Being relatively new I can say this move was the best I could have ever made. Corporate support, leadership, all the tools to do your job. You are set up to succeed from Day One!
Pros
Caring atmosphere, work life balance, compensation
Cons
no integrity, cannot operationalize the vision, unrealistic expectations, GM is a chauvinist bully who is not competent to run a retirement community, VPs of Ops and Sales always looking for a scapegoat. Workplace harassment is prolific - no one to confide in or ask for support - retaliation always a worry - GM condescends to the residents, belittling them and dismissing their concerns - GM a bully on a day to day basis
The work is very fast paced and you need to be on your feet. You must be a quick thinker and learn how to adapt to the needs of the patients in the nursing home. You must also be in shape as sometimes the elevators may break down you will need to take the stairs. You will also be pushing around a cart with everything you need. You will need to pack and organize this on your own so it is essential to be an organized person.
Tapestry used to be a place I thought I would be at for the rest of my working career. When I started there it was fantastic! Them Concert Properties took over and they became a ‘self managing’ company it was then that everything changed. They began having less and less respect for the staff and even towards the residents of the community. When I was leaving I had residents tell me ‘good’ ‘we hear they don’t treat staff well’ It broke my heart. If you’re looking for quick fast money, I suggest this place. Other then that stay away
Tapestry has potential, but unfortunately misses the mark when it comes to appropriate compensation, training programs and role advancement. They have a lot of staff turnover due to lack of vision, workplace culture, staff recognition and compassion.
Tapestry has a lot of growing to do as a company. Need to compensate better for the long list of job duties and level of education require to work with the company. Low growth opportunities
Good work environment Well appointed restaurant and kitchen, long-term staff with little turnover A family experience - with all of the greatness and headaches that come with any family.
Its a fun working place with the independently resident. Learning and challenging on how to manage a hectic time in giving medications as well as giving bath or shower.
Pros
food discount from the dining
Cons
not getting enough hours as care aide
Very upscale retirement home that has pulled out all the stops. Everything you would want in a building, theater, golf simulator, restaurant, games, activities and more. Very friendly residents and staff.
Assisted the executive chef with daily operations of the kitchen. In charge of ordering food items. Daily checks of each station for prep. Worked on all stations in the kitchen. In charge of training new staff members and in charge of running the holiday buffets. Great experience in culinary and worked with knowledgeable Chef, and team members. The hardest part of this job was there was no room for advancement. Great management team good structure and private events with plated dinner service was amazing.
Pros
Learned a lot of culinary tricks and culinary basics
Cons
No room for advancement
They're no chances at this place for you to do anything right , you get yelled at at all times no matter how hard you try your best to do your job. You aren't given a chance to explain and there is no reasoning with the management
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long travel
A great experience in the restaurant part, applied my knowledge in the area of management and made me a great respect for everyone there. Organization, language, objective among several other aspects. Lots of positive people and always help each other. Recommended.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lot work in short time.
Nice place to work at, free lunches at times during buffets. Plenty of time to connect with clients as only task is to redirect clients and administer medication.
Tapestry was an environment filled with lots of knowledge. From the Executive Chef to the residents. I gained valuable culinary teachings which has expanded my culinary horizon, secrets of the trade. With a diverse management team each of us added something to the team in a unique way. The hardest part of this job was leaving the team to future my experiences. The most enjoyable part of my role as supervisor was leading the team members through various catered events. Good sportsmanship from those who followed my lead.
This is the most rewarding job I have had. We want to break out of the traditional mold and experience a refreshing environment.
Working at Tapestry was a unique experience. The building was absolutely beautiful and the space design could not have provided a more pleasant atmosphere to work in. The residents were so kind, caring and just genuinely nice people. At times they provided challenges, but more often than not they were more concerned about how the staff was doing than anything else.The management at Tapestry provided many challenges to employees however and did not create a pleasant or productive work environment. The turn-over rate at this location was alarming and management did not hear employees suggestions, concerns or comments ever. They enforced a STRICT hierarchy and encouraged workers to get in line, or find other employment. There was no opportunity to advance within this location, nor was there any incentive to provide outstanding work. New ideas were quickly dismissed, reprimanded or simply ignored. Furthermore, my situation grew quite concerning when my manager refused to provide contact details for our HR company and refused to respect employee-manager confidentiality. My manager would often share very private conversations with other managers and it was not clear that I could trust them. Things at this location grew too frightening for me to stay.
Pros
1 complimentary meal per shift, excellent pay, beautiful building
Cons
terrible management, difficulty getting benefits, scary working relationships