Tapestry

Tapestry Employee Reviews

Rewarding job, Great and friendly staff, Awesome residents

I loved my job at Tapestry, Arbutus walk. When you meet residents every day, you are truly becoming their family and you can make a huge impact in their life. I had loads of fun there. The people I met there were incredible and I am so happy I had an opportunity to work there.

Pros

great food, fun enviromnet - including work with other departments, speciality events, open door policy

Cons

challanges of irregular schedule

Amazing company to work for

Great company to work for. Very reliable and helpful management team. Scheduling is done 3 to 4 weeks in advance and you can request days off and plan your time. Amazing teamwork, great Residents.

Pros

Free meal and parking

Cons

Team members with lot of seniority

20 September 2021
Thank you for your review! Appreciate your acknowledgement that we work hard to schedule effectively and support teamwork so we can deliver memorable moments to our valued residents!

Management is really bad

Really felt that management had favorites and that white privilege was highly felt. If you are a person of color I wouldn't recommend working for this place. People who don't do the job properly are not reprimanded. Management are very aggressive and unkind even to senior residents. Turnover was so high because no tips or any appreciation was given to any of the servers. Even the turnover of the kitchen staff was high we had a new chef every 3 months or so, a new manager every 4 to 5 months. Don't do it save your self! I'm so glad I left.

Pros

$4.00 staff meals

Cons

staff meals used to be free

13 August 2021
We are very sorry to hear your feedback. Your comments are certainly not consistent with the experience we aim to create for our valued employees and residents. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have expressed about your employment experience. Please contact me at EHodgins@DiscoverTapestry.com.

One of the Best Employer's in My Career...

I had a chance to join the team here at Wesbrook as a leader over a year ago, and so happy I made this choice. The leadership team here is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure in working with, most importantly the team overall are just amazing. Each day especially now that we are lifting out of Covid protocols, it is such a great feeling to fee the happy energy from our resident, all their families that can visit, and our team who care for each resident as an extended family member.

Pros

Great GM and whole team

Rewarding work & fantastic staff

I hadn't considered a role in Senior's Living, but I'm so glad I found Tapestry. The work is incredibly rewarding and each day is a little different than the last. I've always felt supported by the leadership and have had many opportunities to learn & grow within the company. The Residents really are the best part and getting to know them and serve them sets this job apart from others.

Pros

friendly & supportive staff, advancement opportunities, job security, staff meals

2 July 2021
Thank you for your positive comments about working at Tapestry. We are so glad you are learning and growing - and appreciate your articulation of how rewarding working at Tapestry can be. Well said!

Great company to work for with several advancement opportunities

Since I started at Tapestry, there were many learning opportunities and opportunities to advance. The General Manager and my co-workers were very helpful and they are always willing to teach me more about their departments, and different positions.

Pros

Staff meals, Opportunities to advance, Lots of support, Great benefits

Cons

No cons

28 June 2021
Thanks for your positive post! We are glad you are enjoying the learning and development opportunities at Tapestry - and we are so thrilled to benefit from your dedicated service in our newest community on Vancouver Island.

I am passionate about what I do!

The company mission of "We create memorable moments in thriving, connected communities where individuals experience healthy and fulfilled lives." is something I identify with daily as an employee. I come into work with purpose and excitement knowing that I will be making a positive impact in our communities. Daily I am inspired by the residents who truly enjoy their time at Tapestry.

Pros

Opportunity to advance, a growing company with a dedicated team of employees who will help you succeed.

Cons

The recent pandemic has provided certain difficulties in completing tasks

Rewarding and meaningful job

I loved working at tapestry at Arbutus walk. There was a lack of communication between management/kitchen staff/ servers but overall I really liked it. I truly enjoy working with seniors, I felt that they were just like my grandparents with all their amazing stories and experiences. I miss them a lot

Pros

Good wages, benefits, delicious food

Cons

Lack of communication, weird scheduling (not consistent)

28 June 2021
Thanks for your feedback about working at Tapestry. We recognize how important effective communication and scheduling are to our employees' experience - and we are always striving to improve our practices so that employees are well informed and able to deliver the memorable moments that are so important to our residents.

Dirty politics and no respect for stay members

Not a great company to work for . Very depressing atmosphere Politics in all departments Under qualified managers Don’t care about the residents

Pros

No pros

Cons

You better say at home instead of working at this place

28 June 2021
We are sorry you did not have a positive experience with us. Our goal is to live and work according to our Operating Principles so that employees can do their best work in an engaging environment focused on delivering exceptional service to residents. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours - and know we are striving to always do better and grow stronger together.

Fun workplace with free food!

My coworkers were really nice and they were always there to help me! I'm sad I had to leave but this is a good place to work for. They give you a lot of food so you won't have to worry about being hungry

Pros

Free food

Cons

My peer used to not do his job correctly so I have to do part of his job(Dishwasher)

Jobs at Tapestry

See more jobs

Residence and staff are amazing, management not so much.

The residence at Tapestry are great, although some can be difficult. The staff are friendly, and everyone will spend time with each other outside of work. There is a lot of high quality work expected of you for little pay. Management creates a stressful and negative work environment.

Benefits

Cons

Overworked and underpaid

Not surprised ..when the management team is uneducated in their respective field .. the outcome will obviously be a disaster.

The Executive chef never went to Culinary school & neither has his Red seal or Food safe level 2. Google search engine is his education tool which he highly relies on.... Pathetic.. even a home cook can cook better than him. Food safety is a joke in that place.. which being a Senior home should be of a concern.

Pros

The most friendly staff I've ever worked with.

Cons

Management has no clue of what they need to focus on.

It’s been amazing

Being relatively new I can say this move was the best I could have ever made. Corporate support, leadership, all the tools to do your job. You are set up to succeed from Day One!

Pros

Caring atmosphere, work life balance, compensation

Cons

one of the most toxic work environments

no integrity, cannot operationalize the vision, unrealistic expectations, GM is a chauvinist bully who is not competent to run a retirement community, VPs of Ops and Sales always looking for a scapegoat. Workplace harassment is prolific - no one to confide in or ask for support - retaliation always a worry - GM condescends to the residents, belittling them and dismissing their concerns - GM a bully on a day to day basis

Fast paced and competitive

The work is very fast paced and you need to be on your feet. You must be a quick thinker and learn how to adapt to the needs of the patients in the nursing home. You must also be in shape as sometimes the elevators may break down you will need to take the stairs. You will also be pushing around a cart with everything you need. You will need to pack and organize this on your own so it is essential to be an organized person.

Don’t do it

Tapestry used to be a place I thought I would be at for the rest of my working career. When I started there it was fantastic! Them Concert Properties took over and they became a ‘self managing’ company it was then that everything changed. They began having less and less respect for the staff and even towards the residents of the community. When I was leaving I had residents tell me ‘good’ ‘we hear they don’t treat staff well’ It broke my heart. If you’re looking for quick fast money, I suggest this place. Other then that stay away

Great for residents, not for staff

Tapestry has potential, but unfortunately misses the mark when it comes to appropriate compensation, training programs and role advancement. They have a lot of staff turnover due to lack of vision, workplace culture, staff recognition and compassion.

Unknowns

Tapestry has a lot of growing to do as a company. Need to compensate better for the long list of job duties and level of education require to work with the company. Low growth opportunities

Worth a look

Good work environment Well appointed restaurant and kitchen, long-term staff with little turnover A family experience - with all of the greatness and headaches that come with any family.

medical administration record

Its a fun working place with the independently resident. Learning and challenging on how to manage a hectic time in giving medications as well as giving bath or shower.

Pros

food discount from the dining

Cons

not getting enough hours as care aide

Retirement home

Very upscale retirement home that has pulled out all the stops. Everything you would want in a building, theater, golf simulator, restaurant, games, activities and more. Very friendly residents and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tapestry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement
  • Tapestry
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?