Tallman Truck Centre Limited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
terible place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2018
if your are a colored person dont bother wasting your time, will be fired within 3 months/ you will also be handed all the grunt work no matter what level
Very stressful workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2018
Very poor Management -- We are always asked to do more than possible to do in one day. The pay is very bad for this industry. Since the new owners took over the majority of the workers have not seen a raise in the last 5 plus years.
Pros
40 plus hours a week
Cons
Low pay, toxic environment
ok
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2017
Company isnt the greatest good to start out in the trade, however a lot of the technicians are very knowledgeable and give great advice, tips and opportunities to learn more
Best place to work!!
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2017
Great place to work, super friendly employers! Everyone is always understanding and supportive of each other. You always feel comfortable and safe. There are many benefits working here, and it is an extremely relaxed working environment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Understanding Employers
Pay does not reflect work
Receptionist / Parts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
Hard work for minimal pay. Work environment isn't very good. Management could be better. Office heating/air conditioning does not work
Great place to grow and expand your working horizons
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 November 2016
I recommend Tallman for their support towards new hires and employee development. The management is very supportive and understanding towards employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Good place to grow knowledge
Parts Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 November 2016
In the years of employment with this company I have earned an emense amount of knowledge and have always had a good challenge in my day to day experiences. A typical day requires a constant attention to detail for both the benefit of customers as well as the company.
I have always been a customer orientated person and i think the company appreciates it although the sense of urgency isn't always present when it come to staffing.
The people i have worked with (for the most part) have been a joy to be around day after day and they have made my experience here enjoyable.
There really is no "hard" part to my job here other than trying to cram a 16 hour day into 8 hours...... if you know what i mean!
Overall I really do enjoy working for this company as I like the challenge of trying to grow a business.
Pros
all the training you can stand and benefits
Cons
too many chiefs
Great Place To Learn
Night Shift Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2016
Definitely a great place to start your career as there are lots of good people here although as time moves on your become just another number on a spreadsheet.
Tallman Truckman Centre Belleville
Service Writer/Warranty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 October 2014
Most of the fellow employees were good to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who thought the work waiting or being done ahead of them should be put to the side to deal with their issues immediately.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Management was not always aware of or willing to deal with negative issues.
Steady paced work enviorment
Parts Salesman (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 December 2013
serving customers. answering any questions that needed to be answered about the parts of work they may have needed for there trucks.
busy environment with lots of variety
Parts clerk serving customers and mechanics (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2013
typical is answering calls and visits from clients to order parts, source parts needs, help mechanics diagnose problems and find correct part, manage inventory. Pleasant environment
Pros
I know alot of the clients
Cons
recently put on night shift with 2 days notice
Great people, always felt included and appreciated
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON4 November 2012
hours were good, learned a lot about the purchasing and costs of big trucks. My co workers were all great. The hardest part of my job was calling people for payments. We all know how hard it is nowadays. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be always feeling included and appreciated
Pros
feeling appreciated
Productive work place
Co-op (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 May 2012
i only did co-op there but i enjoyed working with the mechanics. they mainly specialize in International trucks because they are an International dealership. i learned to work with diesel engines and to work as a team. the staff there is very friendly and will explain ant situation. they are there to help those who are in need.
Cons
cleaning the shop

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tallman Truck Centre Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Tallman Truck Centre Limited Reviews by Location