Talize Management reviews

Great Company To Work With (Mississauga Location)
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2019
Great Company To Work With , Understanding Management And Very Clean Place To Work In , Store Manager Takes Time To Listen To Team Issues And Treats The People As A Family , Worked For Almost Two Years As A Supervisor And Learnt A Lot , Definitely A Place To Work And Grow . Its A Great Store And Wonderful Team To Work With . If You Are Motivated And Focused Its A Good Company To Grow With .
Pros
Good Work Enviorment
Cons
Sometimes Long Hours Of Work
Why are they always hiring?
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 May 2019
Talize might be a great place to work on the sales floor but as far as production goes I wouldn't recommend it. The "management" is truly awful. They have no respect toward half the staff and seem underqualified for their positions (also they seem to struggle with basic math). They apply your paid sick time toward sick days whether you request it or not. They favour some employees while working their harder workers to death. They gossip and create poor morale. They pull people into boardroom constantly for offenses without having any evidence or without investigating anyone. You can literally make up stories about other staff and they will be punished (as long as it's not the favored staff- in that case even if it were true nothing would be done about it). This is hands-down one of the worst places I've worked in my life for management that are emotionally checked out and don't care about the harmony of the staff. They will beat a dead horse and congratulate themselves for a job well done. The management also gets involved inappropriately with some staff and then said staff get special privileges. This place is awful; don't apply here!!
Pros
Potluck, benefits
Cons
Gossip, bullying, dishonesty from management.
Great first job for a time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2019
At Talize a typical day is to organize clothing that are tossed around the place carelessly. I can however work with that and did what was meant for me to do. I was managed by employees and not the managers because they had other "important" matters to attend to. It was enjoyable at first but I had to leave.
Pros
Very easy job
Cons
Communication with all
Horrible
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 May 2019
Do not work here.
Low pay
management lies and plays favourites.
No concern for health & safety
Treat you like a number, will fire without cause
Feels like slave work, monotonous, labour intensive.
Not allowed to talk with coworkers or you’ll get written up
Pros
Paid birthday
Cons
Management, Low Pay
The worst job I have ever had
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2019
The hamilton store is very dirty and infested with bed bugs. The management try to hide it every time they find bed bugs. If you work here you will be let go for no reason. They use there employees like dogs and make them work for low pay. The good reviews of this store on indeed are posted by the managers to try to make the company look better. This is by far the worst company I have every worked for.
Run away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE!!!

Management picks on younger staff members but has respect for older employees. They abuse their power and talk down to you as if you’re slow. They pick favorites and Management is extremely phony. Supervisors love to huddle and gossip instead of actually doing any work and do NOT Lead by example. Pay is NOT worth the amount of stress you will endure while working here. They expect way to much from staff because they are under employed. Your hours will only be good in October and if you have allergies this place will trigger sinus issues! Stay away people!!! Not worth it.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Evil management
Bullying from Management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 March 2019
If you raise any concerns to management, you will be punished. Management is incompetent and two faced. They’ll lie to your face and write you up for no good reason. This company does not like its employees. People are just a number and are replaced or bullied to quit.
Pros
Paid birthday
Cons
Be prepared to break a sweat
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 March 2019
Worked with the production (warehouse) team full time. A lot of pushing and lifting required so be prepared for that. Honestly, if it wasn't for the poor management I probably would've stayed. But being constantly yelled at for something out of my control was ridiculous. For instance, a manager once told me to change the light bulb. Yes because I get paid to risk my life for minimum wage. It did smell but I mean it is a thrift shop so what else do you expect. Overall 3/10. The people that I worked with were pretty cool but poor management couldn't make up for it. In just the three months I was there I saw a lot of people leave, either by force or by choice.
Pros
50% off, occasional pot luck
Cons
management
Management should be ashamed of themselves
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 March 2019
I have never worked in a place where there is so much b.s favoritism snitches that think they are going to be safe haha that's funny. Everyone there is replaceable and when they tell you your safe it's a lie...the production management will throw you under the bus. The sickness that goes around in there is unreal ...oh but if your not 100% you should stay home then the next day you are written up ..when new staff are hired they are afraid to ask questions so they end up quitting...now that's how you keep a good production team lol people are spoken to either like your stupid or a child ..needless to say just stay away until management is cleaned up !! Not likely to happen they are on power trips to see who can be thrown under the bus first ..oh and the comment about the recycling job must have been someone looking to stay safe well nobody is safe!!!
Pros
Days no weekwnds
Cons
Everything eles!
Back
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 March 2019
Horrible place to work. Management does not care about staff. Will not get days off when neededunless they decide to. Favouritism to certain staff. Bullying.
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Entire production room
Its okay
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 February 2019
For a first job its good,

I personally wasn't a fan of the management.
I left for a better job.
If your having a bad day for whatever reason they expect you to act like nothing is bothering you. Which can be really hard to do sometimes.
Joke.
Recycler (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2019
I had worked at Talize Langley for a little over a year. Very grateful for my position but in the last few months since new mgmt took over it was never the same. Hours were cut, even though we were promised full hours, we were told we didn’t know how to do our job properly, safety issues were not being addressed etc. I decided it was time to move on. I found a new job that guaranteed full time hours with over time, and more pay and close to my home. I went in to give my notice and was told to leave they didn’t even let me finish my notice out.... WTH!
Pros
Discount, benefits, and I made a few new friends, other then that Nothing
Cons
New management seems like they don’t know what they are doing and very nervous.
Bad management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 January 2019
Most of the sales floor managers are extremely rude and demeaning, except for one. If you don't know something, they'll sound annoyed and talk to you as if you're stupid. I spent several shifts holding back tears because of how stupid one manager made me feel. It doesn't matter if you're new; you're expected to know everything already.

There is extremely poor communication; everyone will give you a different answer. I once asked 5 different coworkers -- who had been working there since it opened -- where to put the rag-offs (unsellable items to be destroyed) and nobody could give me an answer. This happened repeatedly, and was very frustrating.

There is no schedule printed for everyone to view. They print out little personal schedules for each employee. Three times, they didn't print out mine, and they were annoyed at me for asking them to print one. They also won't tell you when your break is, so you have to ask them, and they get annoyed at that, too!

Customer service is supposed to be stressful because of the customers, not because of your employer. If the management changes, this might be an okay place to work. Otherwise it's just constant walking on eggshells.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 January 2019
Terrible company to work for...the only person in that company that knows anything is the manager in the brampton location. Otherwise the hr team for this company does not know what they are doing hence why the turn over is so high don't waste your time
Chaos
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC13 December 2018
Used to like working here. Not sure what happened but all of a sudden heads were chopped off and it’s been chaos ever since. Keeping my head down and hoping for some form of leadership to return. Right now it’s just confusion.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Dirty, lack of hours, no real management left
Great job
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON1 November 2018
My time so far at Talize has been very different than my past retail jobs as the work-life balance is so much better than working 90% of other retail jobs. It is fast paced, never a dull moment and the team is great. The management team works well together making sure that the days run smoothly and the all team members are treated equal which helps keep staff motivated and creates a positive work environment.
Pros
work-life balance, positive enviroment
Highschool V2
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 October 2018
Great job if your in highschool. Work environment functions a lot like brats in highschool which is very entertaining. Management also makes critical moves and claims without any evidence or reason why these actions are made which will remind you a lot of your parents yelling at you for no reason. Like stated before the highschool atmosphere further conveys itself when you see your fellow employe favorited over you which leads to no raises and disrespect for the people who actually work. All in all this job will teach you valuable life lessons and how to deal with people . I recommend working here for a good time not a long time ...
Pros
50% off
Cons
Atmosphere, management
Worst environment I have ever worked in
Cashier // Delta, BC (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC2 October 2018
I had previously worked at the Talize in delta for nearly a year. i can say with confidence its by far the worst place I have worked at in my life. The following is some of the fun things you get to enjoy being an employee at Talize-

Very stressful place to work
Toxic work environment
Rude customers
Poor pay
Physically exhausting job
Store is filthy

Talize for me was one of those jobs that at the end of the work day you feel depressed and dead inside, and when waking up in the morning I would become nauseous knowing I had to do it all over again after barley getting through the previous day. I cant stress enough how rude and ignorant the management team is. Overall Talize is ok if you are a customer, but as a former employee I can confidently say that I would rather be unemployed that ever work there again.
Pros
It allows the less fortunate to be able to shop affordably
Cons
Pretty much everything if you are an employee
Horribly Managed
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 September 2018
Talize is a great store; however, it is horribly managed.

There is a high turn over rate. The reason for such a high turn over rate is the lack of leadership from the management team. They lack the skills to properly hire the right candidates for the jobs and for current employees there is no development or coaching plan in place to help build a productive team.

Management uses fear based tactics and instead of coaching and developing people — they hire and fire, hoping to hire the right people rather than developing their team and discovering where people’s strength can be used in the business.

No job security. The company doesn’t care about its employees and only sees them as replaceable cogs in a wheel.

The store itself has gone down hill over the past six month. Not as clean. Higher prices. Morale is low among employees.

Low wages. (Min wage)
Pros
Mon-Fri day shift with weekends off, paid birthday off, benefits
Cons
Management, employee development, job security, wages
Unorganized Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
Competitive salary and good work life balance however;

- management doesn't care about you - there's no real "coaching" or "development", and management is absent from site half the time (so if you want immediate answers, you'd be waiting a while)

- high turnover rate, job security is questionable especially in sales

- extremely unorganized company - it's difficult to gage progression in the next 5 years with the number of frequent structural changes that happen

- if you prefer an entirely entrepreneurial environment, and aren't too phased by job security then you may be a great candidate here