Talize Employee Reviews

lots to do
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 April 2018
there was always something that needed to be done. always multitasking ad helping others out when needed. learned variety of different skills while working here
Pros
acquired numerous skills
Cons
not understanding when individuals needed to call in sick
Not a good place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 April 2018
The management do not know how to deal with situations at all. All they do is sit in the back all day and watch the cameras for theft. Lots of gossip goes on and when anyone goes to management about it nothing is done. Lots of favoritism goes on and I feel as if they don't like to handle any issues because they are afraid to ruin the company's reputation. All management cares about is hitting their numbers for the day. When people complained about the gossip they did an investigation and nothing was done about it. Employees who made the complaints were the ones who got the blame. As a result one employee left due to racist comments made about her. VERY TOXIC WORK ENVIRONMENT.
Pros
Benefits, full time hours
Cons
Gossip, favortism, racism, management is not properly trained
Overall a good place to work
Merchandiser and Floor Production (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2018
Management has changed since I worked here, but despite some small management blips here and there, Talize is a great place to work. I would have no issue with applying to work here again.
Pros
Discounts, good work/life balance
Cons
Management changes too often
Great Structured Work Environment
Sales floor supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 March 2018
Overall this is a great company to work for, full-time hours, benefits and good, fair pay. Its a large team environment so there is always joking and conversation, open communication is valued and Management is always available.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
irregular hours for Management and supervisors
disgusting place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 February 2018
Management at Talize shows favoritism though pretends it has an " open door" policy. Staff in management are all incompetent and think they are special. They get a false sense of security in " lording" it over on staff to make themselves feel better in their pathetic lives.
Some of the staff were OK, but some of the " lifers" with no education and small brain activity and social skills are too much to handle for a minimum wage job!
Place is dirty and dusty and unorganized! Bed bugs and rats are seen often. Clothing is often overpriced and wrongly catorgorized.
Treats people awful and expects you to bother customers to the point of harassment.
This is an awful company that has nothing on Salvation Army, and Value Village!
Pros
50 % off discount
Cons
no hours, bad managent, wage slave job
A very supportive and friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2018
Talize had very nice staff and that they managers were always on tops of what needed to be done or handled within the workplace or as even with customers.

It is a very multi-cultral workplace as i learned a lot of how to understand the consept of counting change by working in a fast paced enviorment as I also leanred how to deal with situations with customes as well as i have gained very much confident with talize thrify store.
Worst job I've ever had
customer service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 January 2018
They treat everyone like expendable children and do not care at all for the well being of their employees. Blatantly ignore health and safety regulations. No one should have to work here.
Good entry level position with friendly staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2018
Good entry level position with flexible hours and friendly staff to work with. Friendly managers and helpful training. Well organized and friendly organization. Full time and part time positions available
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
It's alright for your first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 November 2017
Management is terrible. There is favoritism and they're very irrational with problems that employees have. They're quick to fire people, but keep employees who don't do much, have terrible attendance, don't follow the company guidelines. They bend the rules and are very unprofessional. Employees do inexcusable things and they still keep their jobs. It's an alright place to work for your first job, but in my opinion this place slowly gets worse. Talize in Kitchener would be better if they had more professional management, less favoritism, and actually acted like a manager. They're also afraid to approach shoplifters and let them walk out of the doors like it's nothing, it's ridiculous.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Terrible management, favoritism, don't act like managers
Please do not work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
Overall, Talize is a great place to work at as your first job. If you are looking for an easy job in regards to responsibilities, this is the place to be. However, the management team throughout the whole store is absolutely horrible. They do not provide workers with a communicative and positive working environment. Managers and/or supervisors are constantly brought onto the team and fired in a short period of time. The management team is not approachable in regards to concerns and questions employees may have. It is extremely unhealthy and very unfortunate. Because of all of this, I would not recommed this job to the next person.
Pros
Employee discount, paid birthday
Cons
Lack of good managers
Gained Experience
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2017
I was able to start on the sales floor and work my way into management. Gained a lot of experience on how a retail store functions that I will be able to apply to future endeavours.
productive and fun
Production Worker/closing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 November 2017
When I started with Talize It was a great job. I already knew most of the positions. I started with production for the first three months. and then they promoted me to closing supervisor. I started to train new employees and do the banking..
Pros
moved up quickly
Cons
let go
Horrible Place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton13 October 2017
Terrible company
The owners are evil and they fire people for no reasons
only idiots work there. do not apply
People who work their do not have self esteem. They are low lives who secretly hate ambitious people.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
You work there
Not enough hours period
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC2 October 2017
The managers never give enough hours. I was always looking out for the fitting room. Learning cash was fun and interacting with the customers was a joyful experience. Please if you like part time but beware, no hours at all.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Great!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2017
i worked here while attending highschool, they are very good for flexible hours and working there is a great healthy environment
all staff are very kind and supportive and its not as stressful as my other jobs have been
Pros
helpful staff, discounts, lots of lunch goodies
Terrible place to work. save yourself
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 July 2017
Horrible management, all sit in the office and talk about team members backs.
Treats employees like garbage.
No job security at all, fires whomever and whenever for no reason.
Managment treats Production like robots and operations like we dont even work there. Really unappreciated with a low wage.
good job just to get by, wouldn't recommend long term.
Pros
discount on items, team members
Cons
management, no job security, gossip, no respect
Currently work at Talize
Operation team memeber (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 July 2017
-Unqualified management
-Unsteady hours
-No benefits for Operations team members

Great job, but over-hiring lead to unsteady hours. Management not concerned for other staff. 50% off discount is great and paid vacation on birthday is nice but too many cons. With new management and better organization it has the potential of being a great job. Also, do not work here if you are allergic to dust.
Pros
Paid vacations on birthdays, 50% discount
Cons
not enough hours, sketchy management
Review summary
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 May 2017
It was my first job and I absolutely loved it.
The atmosphere was super friendly, from both co-workers and customers. Everything is well oraganized so sales were easy to make.
Pros
Fifty percent off everything
Cons
Cleaning the whole store by in the morning m
great company
Cashier/Floor Associate/fitting room attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
the friendly environment great staff and the customers return daily paid 8 hours on any given day in your legal birthday month 50% off discount on used items
Pros
paid 8 hours day off for your birthday
Nope!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 May 2017
I worked here a few years ago and have been reluctant to review the company, but I decided that I will. I've never worked somewhere where there was so much gossip, especially when management does not nip it in the bud. I worked harder than most of my associates that were busy talking about their co-workers, yet I was never good enough.

The managers fail to understand that the reason the turnover rate is so high is because they lack people skills, which is the most important one to master if you want to be a successful manager. All they care about are numbers and quotas being met. That's good management to them. This company will not last much longer if they continue to treat their workers like they do not matter. I left for this specific reason.
Pros
Steady job if you are consistent
Cons
The culture in the whole entire store is a shame.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talize. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8