Talize

Talize Employee Reviews

Canada149 reviews
Time will tell
In this market jobs are hard to find... and fingers get crossed daily that things will change, you get hope and think you see a light at the end of a tunnel and then they break it..

They don’t care ... and by they we mean owners DM’s, HR.. and the actual store operator... they all see supervisors and other managers try to build relationships with the team and they squash it!!!!

And now with the current health scare... well let’s say you have provided enough space to discuss
Not worth your time if you want to be respected and treated like a hard working individual
Few good staff left. Talize is a place you work if you need a part time job where you can stand around and get paid to watch your team finish your portion of the work.. Willingness to learn and take on new responsibility is shunned and often ignored. Going the extra mile just leaves you tired and underappreciated. Full time employees in the back often do the jobs of 2 sometimes 3 employees based on who decided to actually show up that day or even just to pick up the slack of other employees who clearly don't want to work in any capacity in the first place. This location has grown since the departure of the old store manager but still has a long way to go. Having the old manager hanging out all the time so his gps tracker makes it look like hes working is also kind of tiresome. New manager constantly being second guessed by a guy who couldnt run things during his own sloppy "reign" creates an uncomfortable environment for employees
Stay away
People dont matter here. The DM & SM are horrible vindictive people. I left as fast as I could. All staff were treated poorly like trash thats sold in the store. There is never anything you could do this is right or enough. SM mistreats all her management, employees and customers.
Average place to work
Management communication is mediocre. Often dont listen to advice of team members to improve quality of work. Stressful environment, often have to pick up slack or work more than one position in a day.
Environment
Good places to work! Fast paced and management is kinda okay most times......
Only con is that for part time you don’t get any benefits and on call shifts
Not for everyone
The workers and college's are supportive and Incredible but the Job and management are too tough on their employees and are always after the employees that struggle d instead of helping them
Slow paced
Not my ideal workplace, put a decent pay and helped me learn customer service. Would not recommend to friends or family though. A good job for seasonal
Awfully run business
Very poorly run not recommended for anyone. Give false hope of success and then set up for failure. Management team was unsupportive wouldnt offer any extra help when asked.
Working at talize
I really enjoy working here the job is not too hard. It does get stressful at times I am not going to lie
The supervisors and management team are very nice .but all in all I think it's a great place to work.the only thing I d9nt like is jan Feb our hrs get cut
Bad Management & Quick Turnover
Management is far to concerned about talking about their personal lives on the floor. Has been firing a lot of people recently, so the turnover is quick
High turnover rate since new management
Very unprofessional workplace. Under new management. Witnessed lots of work place harassment, favouritism, bullying and racism. Management did very little to address these problems. HR isn't much help either.
Productive workplace with nice and happy co workers.
Fast paced, social days. Medium supervision. Usually happy co workers. Friendly competition. Most days were routine. Management was usually helpful. Training could use work.
Was overall good but the managers suck
The managers act like there clueless to what's going on in the place and it's frustrating to work under that when your trying to get the job done and people arnt working and the managers dont do anything about it
Perfect working environment
Best job experience in Canada. Management and colleagues are easy to talk to and responds quickly to their best. Provides optimal support where ever they can.
stressful
very high paced. found it to be stressful to reach daily goals. Hours are great...mon -fri which is rare in retail. have to be ok with going through used merchandise which can be challenging at times.
Unreliable
I worked back in production and it was mayhem. They give you a month and a half of training and expect you to be able to do what someone who has been working there for 5 years can do it’s ridiculous. They put so much pressure on you and when you don’t succeed you are made to feel like bad even though you are now only making little mistakes that everyone who has worked there makes but just because it’s you they have something to say.
Stay away from this place
Horrible experience.its dirty in there and there is a supervisor who doesn't shower. Management is unprofessional.
Such a gross experience , save your time. Don't even bother with this place
Poor place to work
This is a poor place to work,
Everyday there was a new job that was placed on the recyclers,

Crazy amount of work for very little pay ,

The manager plays favourites with certain employees ,

They purposely stop production day before holidays so they don't have to pay you for the holiday,

NEVER WORK FOR TALIZE
A Fun place.
I like my job. But i just don't like the favoritism.Our Production Manager only pushes those who works hard to work more . She doesn't take action to those workers who are their waiting for the salary to come. I hope that we can all work together regardless of what your position we have at work.
We need team building activities. By the way our Store manager is Awesome. We really can Rely on him. He is always willing to help and support us at work even in a very simple way.
Dont do it
There are tons of other options. This is your last resort kinda job. The chances of being hit with a needle are high. Its happen a few times to coworkers in the first 6 months i spent their.
There is always something new going on. Never a dull moment. Managment is great to work with, very big on open communication. Associates are very flexible and take direction well. I love going to work every day.