Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

High Turnover
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL20 March 2018
I rated compensation fair because for paramedics, the compensation is great. Its higher than average than private ambulance services in the area. Pay for nurses is low. Lower than any hospital job. High turn over due to a revolving door of management. The benefits and health insurance are worth working here alone. You deal with the public all day. The hardest part is maintaining a smile in the face of adversity with management and cranky donors.
A hardworking workplace
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV16 March 2018
I enjoyed working in the lab, but when it came down to how much the managers seemed to care I was left with no want to work there. Managers often hide away leaving the employees to do the bulk of their work. Talecris does not accommodate scheduling with school fairly well and is cutthroat about their numbers, but not in the care.
Pros
Benefits, pay, environment
Cons
Poor management, scheduling
Good job with plenty of advancements.
Operations Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL13 March 2018
Good job, lots of advancement opportunities, good people to work with, wonderful benefits, good pay, good training, long hours, 90 percent chance you will be required to stay longer than schedule.
Stressful working environment, with some amazing people.
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 March 2018
I worked there for some time. I absolutely love what I do, I am amazing at what I do and I am one of the most hard working people you will ever meet. but the management leaves you to work everything out yourself with little or no help. With favoritism at an all time high its hard to move forward when your friends with the "wrong people"
Pros
Got to do what I love, There are some really great people who work there. Got to meet new and exciting people, expand my skills and knowledge in the field.
Cons
favoritism, over worked and low staffed
poor management
Phlebotomist Technician Lab Technician Machine Tec (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX5 March 2018
they were always out of compliance with donors and always wanted you to be fast and accurate but lack of help .Pay was ok for beginners but very little bonuses
Very poor management team
DCT; Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL21 February 2018
I honestly loved my job until people began to change. By people I mean the management team and employees. Our center became very messy, people lost respect for themselves and their jobs.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Everything else
Excellent worldwide company
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD11 February 2018
this company help you to develop you because they certified you in diverse areas to grown up into the company. the company help the community with diverse incentives for the donation because you spend time during the donation. however this plasma is used to create diverse medicines that save lives around the world
Pros
the company help to develop into the company providing diverse certifications
Cons
probablly the salary
Not for those who want to have a work-life balance
CQM/CM (Former Employee) –  Multiple locations11 February 2018
If you have experiences, just forget about it unless you like to work 60-70 hours a week, be on call 24/7, spend your holidays at the center, get call for no reasons, etc. I think you have the picture.
Pros
Good if you have no experience
Cons
Corporate. Culture. Politics.
phleb
receptionist, donor processor, and phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 February 2018
I made lifelong friends with my coworkers. I loved the people I worked with. the job was hard and stressful and really not worth the pay the bosses were great.
Trash
Donor Processor, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL27 January 2018
Great for entry into "healthcare". There is no work life balance. You will not have a set schedule. Management is pretty much non existent because the cannot keep a competent center manager. If they don't shut down and revamp or resell to a competitor, I don't see them staying in business.
Pros
Good entry level job into plasma or to learn phlebotomy without taking a class
Cons
No work life balance, no set work schedule, high turnover rate, working with a rougher demographic as far as some donors
fast pace business only cares about making money
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX26 January 2018
money oriented, the business only cares about getting donors in and out and is willing to push the limits of what it ethical in order to get a complete donation.
Tpr
Quality Associate II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GA22 January 2018
I would just give a strong piece of advice for anyone thinking of applying to a plasma center and starting a career in the plasma industry....Be patient and make smart moves despite what is going on around you. If you really want to succeed and make it into a long-lasting career, you have to prove yourself to your peers and upper management. Once you have proven yourself, the pressure will continue to build. Make sure you are ready.
Benefits
Cons
Miscommunication
Just not the greatest work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX10 January 2018
A lot of messy non professional employees. The longer you been there that’s who get the say so what you say don’t go. The management is very messy don’t care about staff find any reason to get rid of employee even if they worked so hard just think about themselves
Terrible Management
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA31 December 2017
Management plays favorites and favorites get promotions that the don't deserve over more qualified employees. Hostile work environment caused by poor management. Drama filled. Only good thing was working with a diverse donor base.
Pros
Diverse Donor base
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, drama, favortism, terrible management
Very Busy place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL13 December 2017
Not pecefic hours working per day,unknown timing to get off my work , short help and empolyee usually,long hours working per day.Managmet are nice and caring but this compony not hiring enough empolyee and they are always short in staff.
cut throat
Phlebotomist/ Donor Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV6 December 2017
Management shows favoritism, schedules are done based off tenure. no breaks, unprofessional, harsh working conditions, patients are awesome but everything else is horrible. I'm glad im free...
benefits
Cons
see description
Good and Bad
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA29 November 2017
Overall the pay can be very reasonable depending on which department you work in. They have amazing benefits which can sometimes make up for the lack of raises in pay depending on your circumstances.
Great Company; Unrealistic Employee Expetations
Assistant Manager/Lead Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN18 November 2017
Great company to work for; however, business sometimes conflicts with reality. Great co-worker's, mediocre management. Was one of my favorites until is wasn't anymore. Left with regret, but with life experience professionally and personally.
Pros
Pay; Work Culture
Cons
Mediocre Management leading to unrealistic production expectations
Fun upbeat
Phlebotomist/ donor processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 November 2017
Talecris gave me hope at having a career with out college. I loved my job.was very stressful at times but loved the perople i worked with .very fast pace.pay and benefits were great
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours you work
decent job
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL13 November 2017
it pay decent and if you need job experience or are going to college it is worth it, they do offer tuition reimbursement. also you have the potential to cross train.