Talbots Employee Reviews

Great Co-workers
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2018
As a new comer working with this company taught me how to deal with customers with different cultures. We have a great workplace culture. My co-workers and management team are very understanding.
The challenging part of this job not hardest part, is dealing with different behaviours and different people, which is most important part in this job as well. You have to be patient and very flexible.

The most enjoyable part is listening to our customers' life stories which they usually like to share.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Long hours standing
Unbelieveable!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON30 June 2018
-Not enough hours, the max your working is 3-4
- Co-Workers don't take your shift, come up with excuses
- Managers are liars and irresponsible
- When I went for my interview, I was told there was always something to do every minute of my shift, but yet I am standing doing nothing
-Gotta deal with rude lame old people, and they make your life miserable ugh!
Pros
final sale, cashing out is easy, you do all types of jobs so its not repetitive
Cons
short hours, only 15 minute break and you cant leave the store.
Productive and fun workplace
Facilities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON24 April 2018
Very good workplace for a person who loves hockey as much as I do, always getting to watch the little kids skate for the first time or your local midget rep team play. Always lots of laughs and cleaning it all up after isn't bad at all.
Pros
Watching hockey
What to expect
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Too many managers. Be prepared to call clients and book appointments and parties. Nice clothes, good quality. New store manager every few months. Expect less hours during busy times because additional employees are hired.
Pros
clothes at reduced price for staff
Cons
Low salary
Productive and fun place to work
Visual/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
The work culture and motivation speech are very encouraging but during my time there, there was a lot of favoritism between Managers and sales associate. times when i wanted a task to keep me busy, it was given to someone else who didn't want it. and when i was idle it became a problem. but all in all it was a good experience because i actually liked the job. Although i was let go for no reason and other employed after me where still retained but all good.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
tasks are not divided equally.
Fun,love,lots customer service and care
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2017
Assisted costomer to find the right item which is good for them and let them know about promotion and offers .Able to maitain haih standard of display and visual merchandiseing to insure the store is well preseted .esperie├žed open and close the cash.
Key holder
Assist management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2017
i am working at Talbot s as a key holder it was such a nice job with a good manger and Assistant Manger but they didn't give me full time that's why i left them .
Knowledgeable coworkers that were able to train me properly
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
> It's my first job, the manager was able to train me well.
> Time is flexible
> Workplace wise the environment was clean and proper
> Very professional
place you can meet amazing people
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
The best part of this work are the amazing customers I had to meet.
Salary and benefits: if you have another job, and you work at Talbots only for discounts is great. But if this job is your main source of income, then is not so good. Usually you are working around 20 hours of week, with a minimum payment.
Management: as in every other place, some managers are very nice and supportive, others are just a pain in the ...and it seems that all they want is for you to quit.
Workplace culture: on the paper it should be great - Talbots employee do not work on commission.
Pros
short shift
Great place lots of interactions with co-workers
Customer Service Agent & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2016
Most days we usually make sure we interact with the customers and always make sure what they are buying that they are satisfied. I always have fun with my co-workers and with the costumers.
Pros
Get things cheaper in the store
Cons
Don't get a lot of time for a break
Talbots
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
Greeting customers and assisting them in selecting pieces for their wardrobe and accessories.
Helping management and co-workers with their customers and seting up displays.
Pros
Buying clothing at reduced prices.
Like it
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2015
The GM and managers do a great job. I like it here. My only concern is that the monthly store set is questionable for minimum wage. But the store is organized immaculately. The location is central Toronto, which is an easily accessible area in the city. The clients, staff and shoppers are easy to work with.
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, bc21 April 2015
The culture at Talbots under the management at the time, was one of openness, collaboration and team spirit. Although i was one of the younger staff, it did not hinder the interaction we had with eachother. There was respect and a willingness to help one another be and remain productive.

The enjoyable part of the job was the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working with these women who had variations of enviable sales skills. I learnt a lot from them.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of career advancement. Hopefully, in time, it will change.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Career advancement is limited
Top of the line product and customer service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON15 December 2014
Great environment, staff and customers. Personalized service for the customers gives the exclusive Talbots experience.
Sell nice clothes to nice ladies and get a nice discount
Part-time Sales Associate/Interim Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario1 July 2014
Management issues in general not just within the store Really like the product

Flexible hours are great
Love all the beautifull fashion clothing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  etobicoke18 November 2013
sales, merchandising, inventory, customer service, managing staff and meeting sale quota's .
Pros
great discount
Fun to work
Planning & Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON22 February 2013
It was my pleasure to work for Talbots!
Regretfully, the company decided in January 2013 to close its Canadian head office. So, I am looking for a new business opportunity to utilize my professional experience and skills.
Pros
great it applications; +women's fashion apparel
Cons
too frequent changes in high management directions
Very Few Perks To Keep Me Around
part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta24 September 2012
Working at Talbots is like working at any overpriced clothing store, I guess. A typical day includes an intense amount of sucking up to clients, attempting to boost egos in order for a sale and acting as a human shopping cart because they can't possibly hold their own clothes. Heaven forbid. Although as sales associates we need to be almost overbearing and overly involved in every aspect of a customer's experience, the pay definitely does not reflect those added duties. Management switched a few times, going from good to bad over the time I was there all for the sake of a dollar. The most enjoyable part was probably the other sales associates; I've definitely made good friends with a few good girls. Other than that, all the brown nosing, minimal benefits and unrealistic sales expectations were just not for me.