Talbots

Talbots Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Productive, can be calm at times but then very busy.
If you like interacting with adults and older people, this is a great place to work at. There is always something to do, whether it is to reorganize the store or help costumers.
Great Company
Training client specialists.
Meeting sales goals.

Following-up with clients on regular basis.

Opening ang closing store.

Training team and coaching them on daily basis.
Client Specialist
Talbot is a high-end women retail store.
Sales people don't work for commission but the environment is still competitive.

Management was organized, and helpful. I had a problem with the Co- manager's attitude. I left because of her.

The employees are nice, helping each other most of the times.
ok place to work for
Long hours and only half hr break. Too much things to do and can get stressful when there are sales and building a clientele list and having to set up appointments every week and for special events like trunk shows. very short staff when it get busy and can get rather hectic running to grab sizes for customers serving customers on the floor.
Pros
enjoyable to talk to customers and get to know them
Cons
long hrs, short breaks. and understaffed.
Best workplace ever!!!!!!
Being a sales associate/key is my 3rd experience of working in retail, but this is literally my BEST experience EVER!!!!
-Nice Culture Involved with Arts, Design, Fashion and Creativity!

-Professional Rules and Nice Environment

-Supportive Managers

-Nice Coworkers

-Nice Clients and Loyal Customers!

-Good Employee Benefits/ Nice Clothes with Perfect Quality

With all of these, the result will be a Nice place to work, content and satisfied employees with a successful sales and perfect teamwork!

Pros: Just Perfect! Definitely Recommended.

Cons: The only con would be not really enough hours. Hope it gets better soon!
OK experience working there
I took this job as a part time sales associate. I went in under the impression that at min. i would be getting 20 hours per week minimum. At first i was getting 10 or 15 hours per week, which i was at first fine with. Then i started getting 4.5 hours per week. Ridiculous ! This is not a lot of hours.

Management wise- fine, they do what they can but seem to have unrealistic expectations. You are not paying me enough.

Job itself is not hard but I agree with others it can be quite boring as its not that busy and when it is "busy" the shoppers either don't want to talk to you or they have there favorites that they gravitate towards.

Overall, as a part-time job i would advise you seek other employment if you are trying to support yourself and your family.
Pros
coworkers are nice, pay not commission based
Cons
short shifts, not alot of hours, low pay or increase
Was good place work with friendly staff
I had worked there part time. They sales were wage+commission. You had to make your quota every month. I only dealt with store manager. The dress code was business.
Great Co-workers
As a new comer working with this company taught me how to deal with customers with different cultures. We have a great workplace culture. My co-workers and management team are very understanding.
The challenging part of this job not hardest part, is dealing with different behaviours and different people, which is most important part in this job as well. You have to be patient and very flexible.

The most enjoyable part is listening to our customers' life stories which they usually like to share.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Long hours standing
Unbelieveable!
-Not enough hours, the max your working is 3-4
- Co-Workers don't take your shift, come up with excuses

- Managers are liars and irresponsible

- When I went for my interview, I was told there was always something to do every minute of my shift, but yet I am standing doing nothing

-Gotta deal with rude lame old people, and they make your life miserable ugh!
Pros
final sale, cashing out is easy, you do all types of jobs so its not repetitive
Cons
short hours, only 15 minute break and you cant leave the store.
Productive and fun workplace
Very good workplace for a person who loves hockey as much as I do, always getting to watch the little kids skate for the first time or your local midget rep team play. Always lots of laughs and cleaning it all up after isn't bad at all.
Pros
Watching hockey
What to expect
Too many managers. Be prepared to call clients and book appointments and parties. Nice clothes, good quality. New store manager every few months. Expect less hours during busy times because additional employees are hired.
Pros
clothes at reduced price for staff
Cons
Low salary
Productive and fun place to work
The work culture and motivation speech are very encouraging but during my time there, there was a lot of favoritism between Managers and sales associate. times when i wanted a task to keep me busy, it was given to someone else who didn't want it. and when i was idle it became a problem. but all in all it was a good experience because i actually liked the job. Although i was let go for no reason and other employed after me where still retained but all good.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
tasks are not divided equally.
Fun,love,lots customer service and care
Assisted costomer to find the right item which is good for them and let them know about promotion and offers .Able to maitain haih standard of display and visual merchandiseing to insure the store is well preseted .esperieçed open and close the cash.
Female workplace
As a woman who loves fashion, this place can provide the tastes of different ladies for different seasons.
Coworkers are nice and friendly, but the hours are not enough for staff as they all work part time.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Few hours to work
Key holder
i am working at Talbot s as a key holder it was such a nice job with a good manger and Assistant Manger but they didn't give me full time that's why i left them .
Knowledgeable coworkers that were able to train me properly
> It's my first job, the manager was able to train me well.
> Time is flexible

> Workplace wise the environment was clean and proper

> Very professional
place you can meet amazing people
The best part of this work are the amazing customers I had to meet.
Salary and benefits: if you have another job, and you work at Talbots only for discounts is great. But if this job is your main source of income, then is not so good. Usually you are working around 20 hours of week, with a minimum payment.

Management: as in every other place, some managers are very nice and supportive, others are just a pain in the ...and it seems that all they want is for you to quit.

Workplace culture: on the paper it should be great - Talbots employee do not work on commission.
Pros
short shift
Great place lots of interactions with co-workers
Most days we usually make sure we interact with the customers and always make sure what they are buying that they are satisfied. I always have fun with my co-workers and with the costumers.
Pros
Get things cheaper in the store
Cons
Don't get a lot of time for a break
Talbots
Greeting customers and assisting them in selecting pieces for their wardrobe and accessories.
Helping management and co-workers with their customers and seting up displays.
Pros
Buying clothing at reduced prices.
Like it
The GM and managers do a great job. I like it here. My only concern is that the monthly store set is questionable for minimum wage. But the store is organized immaculately. The location is central Toronto, which is an easily accessible area in the city. The clients, staff and shoppers are easy to work with.
Talbot great place to work
Talbot was a great place to work and the customers was really easy to with and also very pleasant to talk with. I have learned a lot working as a selling supervisor because this was my first job to be responsible for a store and working with different clients meaning with the public and the brand that Talbot was selling. I did have a great time working with the manager because she was a open minded person and someone who did make the environment of the store a great place to work was a funny person and not to restrict and also the manager work with her staff as a friend and not as a manager. My co-workers made the job quite enjoyable and easy to work with and also all of them was very helpful in making the job exciting. The hardest part of the job was achieving the target for the day and going after every customer to buy the brand that was available in the store and since I was a selling supervisor it was my duty to achieve the goal and pushing my staff to sell a little more and pushing them was a something I was not cut out to do. Talbot was a great place to work, there was no stress and also a great environment. I did enjoy buying there clothes and also if I was given a job like this again I would work just as hard to achieve my duty.
Pros
Staff was given free clothes for achieving target for the month
Cons
Lack customers in the evening