Take Time Home Cleaning

Take Time Home Cleaning Employee Reviews

A place you have to really think before you join
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 July 2019
When you first join you are expected to learn everything you need to know within a two week training period. It’s fast paced, and can be confusing and difficult at times. You are on your feet and working up a sweat, you do get breaks when you are done some times but most of the time you need to leave straight away to make it to your next clean on time. You sometimes have to travel very far to cleaning jobs (once I had to drive over an hour home and that is unpaid time). You are putting lots of Kilometers on your car, and spending ridiculous amounts on gas(expect to go threw about a tank to two tanks of gas in a week). They only supply you with products and tools bought at the dollar store and you only keep about 30% of the profit from the cleaning job. (About $90 is charged to the client for 2 hours and you only see about $34 if that) So if you are serious about cleaning and want to make a living start your own company.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, nice clients, fast paced
Cons
Long travel times, unpaid drive home, low quality products, some outside city limits
27 July 2019

Oh wow!!! You again? Reviews are sometimes posted by competitors trying to discredit us. This review is nonsense.

This company keeps trying to push the idea that Take Time does not pay All time on the job. It is illegal NOT to pay an employee for all time on the job. Manitoba Labour Standards would never allow me to do that!

At Take Time, we offer you choices:

Applicants have the choice to: use their own vehicle or drive a Take Time company vehicle with gas included; work on their own or be paired up; work a full schedule or flexible hours.
We pay full benefits: medical, dental, optical, chiro, massage, and over 60 services discounted to 50% off for our staff of more than 40 people. They love these because it keeps their house hold expenses lower.

I feel that we offer the best employment opportunity in Winnipeg for cleaners. See our video on our website and check out all the details on our Hiring page. All those employees in the recruiting video are still working for us except one who is on maternity leave. Two thirds of our staff have worked for us for Y-E-A-R-S yes years, not weeks or months. Why would they stay if we treat them so badly???

As to the "cheap products", the only products (and there are only a couple) we buy from Dollarama are well known brand names. Most of our cleaning tools and supplies are purchased from our suppliers in Winnipeg, Toronto or the US.

To this unhappy person I offer this advice:
1. pay your staff better...they deserve it! and you can afford it because you charge your customers a lot.
2. We get applicants from other companies  more... ALL THE TIME and they all tell us the same thing...they weren't being paid enough; and/or not enough hours.
3. Selling applicants on "Work for us because we're so much FUN" ??? FUN doesn't pay the bills.

Great people to work along side
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2019
Super friendly and understanding, trainers make sure your prepared before you go out on your own! My advice bring lots of water to stay hydrated during your shift!
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Lots of mileage on your car but you can always claim the km on your taxes.
21 May 2019

Good advice regarding hydration. After all, this job is a work out!

Mileage on your car...you can always choose to drive a company vehicle.

Great company and the best pay
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2019
I'm giving this review because this company deserves it 100%. I have worked for 2 other cleaning companies before getting hired at Take Time and it was worth all of the negative, unfair and horrible bosses to get to this point in my cleaning career. I have only been here a short time and have nothing at all negative to say about Take Time. The wages are so great the best in the whole city I'm sure. I went from 17 to 19 to 21 per hour in less then 3 months, whaaaaaat. Yeah that's right people, I'm good at what I do so that helped. The staff is great and super friendly there is absolutely no drama here unlike the other places I've worked. The clients are great and plentiful. The benefits at Take Time are very cool and offered to you after only 4 weeks. You do not have to go to the office everyday usually only once a week and they do their best to give you clients in and around the area you live in. Everything is open and honest at Take Time no hidden anything only straight answers. You can write stuff off at tax season gas phone ect. I think I've summed up this awesome place to work and no I'm not being paid 20 dollars to say this. Good luck my cleaning friends hope to see you soon.
Pros
No drama or bad pay great staff
Awesome work place!
Residential Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2019
I previously worked for another cleaning company and was not happy with my situation, however after coming to take time I am enjoying my job again! The best qualities of take time are the pleasant staff, the great pay, and the amazing customers! I would reccomend take time to anybody that loves a quick paced environment that makes the time fly by and a friendly office staff that puts a smile on your face everyday!
Awesome place to work
Cleaner/trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2019
Working for take time has been by far one of the best company's I have ever worked for. Not only are the staff and owner of the company wonderful people, but the pay is amazing too. Take time pays their staff the best out of any other cleaning company in the city, I just recently received my 12 month $2 per hour raise and am now up to 21 dollars an hour. They also offer alot of cool benifits, working incentives and competitions within the company. Around Christmas I won $500 from a contest they had going on. So if anyone is looking for a great place to work, I highly recommend joining the take time family.
Pros
Great pay, amazing staff, opportunity for advancement
great job
Home Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 April 2019
Upon looking for a job, I came across take time. Ive been here for a month and I absolutely love the environment I am in. There is no need for a gym membership as we are working hard everyday and seeing the results of our hard work. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a fast paced and positive working environment with great pay
Pros
great wage and clients
Amazing place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  482 brooklyn10 December 2018
I've never worked for a better company!!!!
All staff is so nice!!
Training is fool proof
Very organized
Safe environment
Most products are supplied ( what isn't is available at dollar stores)
Paid travel
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2018
Provides paid hands on training, very thorough. Company really cares about its quality and its employees. Positive atmosphere! I enjoy the physical aspect of the job, takes some getting used to at first but you get a lot of great excersize!! Losing weight and feeling great!!
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, rewards for good work
Cons
There will be a lot of driving obviously
Fun and flexible job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2018
I recently started working with take time cleaning and I am really enjoying it. The hours and very flexible and if you work hard you will for sure get recognized. The pay is great and everyone is super nice.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Need to drive a fair amount
Great pay. Great hours. Great management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 December 2018
I really enjoy working here. Ive worked other cleaning jobs before and this company is one of the most organized and is always ontop of everything. I feel very secure in my work and if theres ever any issues or questions i can directly contact management and resolve it no problem.
Pros
Good pay. Great hours (if u perform well). Organized. Take your break whenever
Cons
Work primarily alone. If you dont meet quality standards it can result in docked pay
Fun place to work, great skills
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  482 Brooklyn st30 November 2018
Working at take time has been great so far I go in clean the clients home and head to the next job with ease. The pay is great and the hours are great as well.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very physical
Get Hired Here!
Residential cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2018
Take Time Cleaning is a great company to work for if you like to clean and truly care about the families you clean for. I love the clients we have! They really appreciate the effort we put in each and every time!
Pros
Wage, opportunities for advancement, outtings with other employees
Cons
Lots of driving to and fro and having to put on lots of kilometres on my personal vehicle
6 December 2018

Travel times are guaranteed 20 minutes or less and we always verify this OR you have the option to ride in a company vehicle.

Great place...great people!
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Beach, MB26 November 2018
Everyone is very friendly to work with and the flexibility of schedule is great. The job is physical but not too much. The work atmosphere is excellent and the office cat is adorable.
Pros
Lots of flexibility in the schedule
Great company to work for
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 November 2018
Take time has allowed me to work around my appointments and have been super accommodating to squeeze in my second job in the evening. The ladies in the office are always nice and helpful. I love cleaning and find it fun and therapeutic! It's great that I get paid a great wage while doing what I like . Time flys by everyday !
Pros
Great place to work and good wage
You get recognized for your hard work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  482 Brooklyn St.23 November 2018
I've worked here for a few years now and I've always felt appreciated. I am a very hard worker and I've seen the rewards because of it. The office staff always make sure to let you know when you've gotten positive feedback from the clients which always brightens my day.

The fact that Take Time pays so much better than any other cleaning company in the city means a lot to me because cleaning is very hard work and it feels nice to know my employer appreciates that.
Pros
good paychecks; friendly clients; fun work environment
Cons
no cons
Absolutely fun and relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 November 2018
The office staff are incredibly supportive and patient and definitely helpful & the cleaners are relaxed and able to joke around. Amazing company!!!!!
Pros
Evening's and weekends free so I can spend time with my family
Cons
No con's here incredibly happy with take time home cleaning!
wonderful staff
trainee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 November 2018
great training, friendly staff, flexible hours. haven't worked here long but so far I'm loving it and have great hope this will be a great job in the future.
Pros
salary
Cons
long driving times between houses
16 November 2018

Your drive times are 20 mins max but usually around 15mins or under. Sorry that is the best we can do and of course you are paid for your driving times.

Positive and productive place to work
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2018
Take Time is a great place to work! The work environment is always positive and management cares about the staff. There are many great benefits including a varieties of services, opportunity for bonuses, and it’s a great way to stay in shape.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2018
Fast pace, reasonable hours and friendly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2018
Its great!!! I enjoy the hours and the fast pace. If you like your job you should do well. I really like it. I advanced in a short while and the office staff is understanding, helpful, cheerful and honest. I started working there and soon knew a lots of people. At anything you have to prove yourself and at Take Time you can do that. They offer you saturdays if you like extra hours. The pay is higher than many cleaning place. Great company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Take Time Home Cleaning. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5