Tailored Brands Employee Reviews

Good workplace culture
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 February 2019
Corporate headquarters has monthly mixers, opportunities to win tickets or other rewards and recognition programs. Training is provided across multiple areas, some highly specific, others more broad in scope. The facility is well maintained by a very friendly staff. Onsite child care is valuable to those whom can take advantage.
Bad company
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MD22 January 2019
This company does not value transportation employees. They operate with the "do whatever I say boy" mentality. It doesn't matter how much you do bend over backwards for them, it's all unappreciated. I would suggest drivers stop doing extra things for them, and definitely stop doing things that is not in the job description. Then even if you don't have any write ups, verbal or written they just skip past that part and outright fire you. So with all this being said this is not the company to be trusted. I would not suggest anybody with class to work for these people, at least in the transportation department. Because they have no class.
Pros
Discounts at stores
Cons
No real home life, bad upper management, and if your in transportation, no say so of anything!
Productive and fun work place
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PA20 January 2019
I dont want to be laid off but cant wait until april 2019 to return. The staff is like family, the job is fast paced and relaxed at the same time they are a very family oriented company and always understood my kids must come first along with my dedication to my job
Fun environment that can thrive if everyone would work together
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 January 2019
At the end of the day you can only guarantee the results of your own actions so keep doing the right thing and hope the issues around you can be resolved
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
lack of benefits and lack of things to learn
Management likes to play games and never take care of things. HR like to pretend that things are opperations problems to cover things up.
Formalwear Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MO15 November 2018
Job was not bad, management will fail you everytime. The big one is to advance you must be a male. The store manager is the worst about playing games with coworkers. You are required to cover your department but then get in trouble for overtime. All controlled by the store manager.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management plays games
Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX8 November 2018
If you show this company you have a will to succeed- you will make it. Hard/Great work is rewarded and you have LOTS of opportunity to advance quickly
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Company Mixers, Willy Lopez Funds, Pto, Lots of overtime opportunities
More of a temporary job
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IA1 November 2018
This is all for Men’s Wearhouse.

Most of the employees are under 25, so there is a lot of immaturity. It’s difficult to talk people into spending $1000 on a suit when other employees are sitting around playing on their phones or talking about their drinking escapades.

Lots of crazy rental customers. The worst ones know they will get discounts or free stuff for being awful so that is frustrating.

Training is absent. They will have salesmen training but not teach them the very basics.

Lots of micromanaging from the district manager. Wanting to be in charge of everything but doesn’t get around to actually doing anything about it. Also extremely frustrating.

Sales are commission based so that often brings up issues with salesmen fighting, refusing to return items from customers (hence loosing commission), etc.

It is not a liveable wage for a career. Bonuses are never paid out at the end of the year. There is always an (made up) excuse, but they still don’t get paid.

Extremely high turnover. After a couple months I had the highest seniority in my store. You may be forced to go help at another store hours away.

Prom time is the worst. You can make good money on sales but Prom mothers/fathers are a whole other level of crazy.

Overall it’s not a bad job, but not something to look at as long term.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Employee discount. Learn about clothing and tailoring.
Cons
Crazy customers, lack of advancement, low pay, Prom
Good People
Formalwear Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 7707224 October 2018
Good Workplace, great co workers. Work can be stressful sometimes but the Coaches and leads are great. Its friendly where everybody understands and respects everybody
Pros
2 breaks, benefit time
in the past Tailored Brands offer a excting work experience
Logistics Coordinator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 October 2018
Before the removal of the last CEO, it was a vibrant place to work, people were happy to come to work, everyone had a smile on their faces & in their hearts.

The current company has become a different place to work.

I appreciate what I have gathered from this company in terms of experience
Pros
Great suits
Cons
Poor Planning, limited adancement opportunities
It has a very friendly atmosphere. There is a cafe and bocce ball cort too.
Store Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CA9 October 2018
I want to leave because the pay is low. The new VP's seem to be all talk and no action. The amount of turn over from the VP position and up is concerning.

Want to know more about Tailored Brands?

Ask a question
Fun
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL25 September 2018
Great had a good time it was just too far from my house but it is a great working environment everyone treats you with respect and are very understanding with people
Work environment
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA22 August 2018
The work environment at the Men's Warehouse was okay. I learned a lot about the operations of a warehouse environment. The hardest part of the job was having to stay on your feet and the fast pace of the day to day operations. One I learned was the importance of teamwork to get the work done.
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
It was seasonal
Excellent environment
Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PA15 August 2018
I love working here but no room for advancement. I'm ready for the next level of my career at this time. Also min pay increases. People are coming in the door getting paid just under what i make.
Highly stressful with crazy customers. pay is good but micromanagement is the worse
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 August 2018
Highly stressful with back to back calls. mixers once a month. micromanage all calls even though they say you have freedom in your calls. would not recommend to anyone
Pros
hour lunch. mixers.
Cons
micromanage
Relaxed and comfortable
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PA1 August 2018
This place was great management went far and beyond for you with in reason....I wished i had this job when i was younger.... Drivers are not micro managed, your just asked to do your job and drive safe....cut n dry
Pros
Off Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Cons
None...just dealing with traffic
Becoming more corporate and less employee friendly
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 July 2018
Twin Hill is a division of Tailored Brands, the parent company of The Men's Wearhouse. It was a company known for being employee friendly but it is no longer that way. As recent in-house surveys have shown, employees who were once extremely loyal to the company are not anymore. Those same surveys showed a lack of confidence in management.

The office environment at Twin Hill has grown to be extremely stressful as the company is trying to grow through obtaining new, large customers creating deadlines and challenges that were causing some employees to burn out and weaknesses of some leadership to be revealed. Deadlines often became unreasonable and workloads were not considered when creating new project teams. As new senior management was brought in, very strong managers and team members were often overlooked and pushed aside.

Up until my last 6 months or so with the company, the work relationships were wonderful. However, as the company culture became colder toward the employee, that sense of team started to die as many employees moved on to other job opportunities. Where just 5 years ago the fact that they hired from within was a benefit for working with the company, it is no longer mentioned to prospective hires. Often if an in-house promotion happened it was because they could promote at a lesser salary than they could hire from outside of the company.

The hardest part of the job the last 4 years with the company was that we were in a new client rollout almost constantly causing too much effort to be focused on the new client to the detriment of existing clients.
  more...

The most enjoyable part of the job until the end was the sense of family from top to bottom. There were times when I felt like every employee was a friend and yet we were still able to overcome some huge obstacles and growing pains. While the new management seems to try to maintain this sense, in day-to-day activity it does not have that same sense of a unified team and cohesive unit.

I worked for many departments in many positions in just under 15 years. I saw the company grow from a small operation that The Men's Wearhouse bought and lost money on for years to a major player in the uniform world. For 13 of the 15 years I worked there, I loved it. Management changes with The Men's Wearhouse, now Tailored Brands, Inc., created changes at Twin Hill that were not for the best in my opinion.
Pros
Monthly social and quarterly team building events.
Cons
Stress, mis-placed management, understaffed, deadlines that often required cancelling of time off.
Family Oriented Enviroment
Formal Wear Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX15 July 2018
I enjoy and love working with my co-workers. We support each other. Our Supervisors are very good with working with us as a team, and there is room for growth.
Awesome start off job to better oneself.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Jersey15 July 2018
Working with taliored brand management I was offered the opportunity to travel, attend seminars and receive training. I was able to work with focus groups and sale the different promoted products onsite. I was also awarded the opportunity to manage my own sales and promotions team.
Pros
Travel expenses paid
Not Enough Time to Tell
Senior Professional Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 July 2018
Worked here for less than a year. I personally have decided to leave the position I was in for a different career.

From my time here, the company is relaxed and treats their employees well.
Stressful never new what to expect..
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 July 2018
Was a Driver ..They expect you to work Sat.Sun over the road. Train new hires, come in on your days off. No matter what your experience is you will get the same $$ as some one who has never Driven a truck before..
Pros
It was a paycheck
Cons
They expect to much for the money..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tailored Brands. Our community is ready to answer.