Taggart Group of Companies

Taggart Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

Good company

Typical construction company. Great ideas, just slow on the implementation. Great group of people to work with. Great job opportunities and growth for any university student, thinking about engineering/construction.

Great people , but no value in there employees And skill sets

Good company , great people , but no value is given to those who work hard . They take words from others and stick to that word .So don’t break your back there like I did to be shown your value by them laying u off for 2 months plus and telling you they don’t know when work will come .Unprofessional in my opinion .I’m no longer sitting around .Thanks for the employment

Insights into Taggart Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Great Company. My position is frieldy and productive .

Great opportunity to meet people and aknowledge their needs in the process of inquiring a New home.Great opportunity to learn in Real estate environment.Nice and friendy environment.Great Company for Oportunity to growth

Pros

Flexibility for a breack .

Cons

Will be Idealy to have training regarding some tasks. In order to improve your confidence.

goid place all around

Alot of good people seams like to many bosses but they all worked with the crews witch makes it great cause they no there stuff love the taggart team

Excellent work place

Just a geat place and great bunch of people to work for field service was fun and anything you require was not a problem just go get it within reason of course

Pros

Field service repairs job security

Cons

Location of shop is so bad

Great Learning Environment

Taggart has a great set of employees who work together as a team, who help each other. It's a great learning experience, you learn a lot on the job. Positive and friendly environment

Not a good place to work

I found at taggart if you weren't in the click with management you ran all the old junk equipment. If something was broken on a machine it would take months for them to fix it ( track adjusters were broken for 8 months)

good

The company is good to work for. They have multiple openings and jobs avaibla hours not always guaranteed. A little cheap at times. Overall happy and good environment.

Great People

It was great to have the opportunity to work for their company. I enjoyed the duties and task given on a daily basis. The team was excellent and I enjoyed their approach to working.

I was hard work, we have bbq in the summer and the team played softball . Every Saturday we go to the owners house and play games and those that family can bring them.

Pros

Wage

Cons

Long hour

Overall a good company to work for

I have no complaints about Taggart management. The wages seem to be lower than other companies but overall a good company to work for. Management was fine, machines were fine, co-ordination and organization was fine. No complaints - a good company with a good atmosphere - just a salary issue.

Pros

Professional

Cons

Lower wages

Amazing

The best company that I ever worked for. The job requires working on the weekend however everyone comes in with a smile. Customer service is number one. All the clients come back to let us know that they appreciate everything we do for them. All employees are friendly and willing to help.

Pros

Environment, people, structure of the company, willingness to train and teach

Cons

Weekend and No benefit

Bonne environnement de travail

Les journées passe très rapidement car il demande la meilleure production possible. 75% du travail est fait par des excavatrice alors l'effort demander est raisonnable. Mai appris à poser des pipelines et comment on construire les tuyaux avant de construire une ville. La meilleure aspects du domaine est le travail d'équipe

Good money but long hours.

Good money. Long hours. Very disorganized management. They are always right even if they are wrong. Do not work in the shop.

Doran has lots of work in Ottawa right now. Lots of people with great experience to learn from. Working on site is typical construction. Long hours, some weekend work, some high stress days.

Pros

job experience

Cons

unpaid overtime

tough cookies

very difficult to break the all male / old school culture. Even with the proper training and want to get ahead attitude management never seems to notice.

Pros

limited space for women

Cons

great pay

Tamarack homes

From this company I learned customer service is first and foremost . End of the day a feeling of accomplishment out weighs the hard work .

Good People

Work is a job, which is not necessarily the first place you want to be in your life, but if you find yourself working for this company, like all companies it has its ups and downs... The people within this company the ones you deal with on a day to day basis are none better anywhere. The guys are great!

Pros

People, The pay, the Perks

Cons

Safety, in my opinion, needs an immense upgrade.

Rewarding, pleasant work Environment.

A very calm and professional atmosphere. A typical day at work would be to greet potential home buyers in a warm and pleasant manner while showing the models homes and their many features. During my time spent working for Tamarack, I development skills in office management, phone greeting, professional attitudes, and time management, as well as multi-tasking. The professional and social environment between employees in the Tamarack sales office is again, very warm and personal, during the slower periods. Everyone knows a bit about each other and addresses each other on a first name basis, even management from other offices. The most difficult part of the job, I found to be, was the many fine details and products Tamarack includes in their superior building standards, and appliances, they build their homes with. A job well done comes with many rewards. Letters from satisfied clients on how impressed with their new home and service they received while planning with employees in the Sales Office and Design Center.

Pros

Flexable part and full time hours. Great company to work with.

Cons

Locations

Demanding but honest and approachable.

Great guys to work with. They sponsor company golf and hockey tournaments.VERY BUSY--Be prepared to work hard and on week-ends to achieve closing dates. This is not a bad thing but be aware of how many homes they build.You will be given all the support you need to succeed. When they know that they can trust you they will back you up all the way. If you make a mistake they appreciate hearing it from you first and will help rectify it. DO NOT blame somebody else.I would work for them again in a heart beat.

Pros

good pay with xmas bonus, vehicle allowance, bbqs, lunches paid, back-up support.

Cons

week-end work expected when busy, foremen expected to work with tools & maintain schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Taggart Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement