Taggart Group of Companies

Taggart Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Great opportunity to meet people and aknowledge their needs in the process of inquiring a New home.Great opportunity to learn in Real estate environment.Nice and friendy environment.Great Company for Oportunity to growth
Pros
Flexibility for a breack .
Cons
Will be Idealy to have training regarding some tasks. In order to improve your confidence.
Alot of good people seams like to many bosses but they all worked with the crews witch makes it great cause they no there stuff love the taggart team
Just a geat place and great bunch of people to work for field service was fun and anything you require was not a problem just go get it within reason of course
Pros
Field service repairs job security
Cons
Location of shop is so bad
Typical construction company. Great ideas, just slow on the implementation. Great group of people to work with. Great job opportunities and growth for any university student, thinking about engineering/construction.
Taggart has a great set of employees who work together as a team, who help each other. It's a great learning experience, you learn a lot on the job. Positive and friendly environment
I found at taggart if you weren't in the click with management you ran all the old junk equipment. If something was broken on a machine it would take months for them to fix it ( track adjusters were broken for 8 months)
The company is good to work for. They have multiple openings and jobs avaibla hours not always guaranteed. A little cheap at times. Overall happy and good environment.
It was great to have the opportunity to work for their company. I enjoyed the duties and task given on a daily basis. The team was excellent and I enjoyed their approach to working.
I was hard work, we have bbq in the summer and the team played softball . Every Saturday we go to the owners house and play games and those that family can bring them.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hour
I have no complaints about Taggart management. The wages seem to be lower than other companies but overall a good company to work for. Management was fine, machines were fine, co-ordination and organization was fine. No complaints - a good company with a good atmosphere - just a salary issue.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Lower wages
The best company that I ever worked for. The job requires working on the weekend however everyone comes in with a smile. Customer service is number one. All the clients come back to let us know that they appreciate everything we do for them. All employees are friendly and willing to help.
Pros
Environment, people, structure of the company, willingness to train and teach
Cons
Weekend and No benefit
Les journées passe très rapidement car il demande la meilleure production possible. 75% du travail est fait par des excavatrice alors l'effort demander est raisonnable. Mai appris à poser des pipelines et comment on construire les tuyaux avant de construire une ville. La meilleure aspects du domaine est le travail d'équipe
Good money. Long hours. Very disorganized management. They are always right even if they are wrong. Do not work in the shop.
Doran has lots of work in Ottawa right now. Lots of people with great experience to learn from. Working on site is typical construction. Long hours, some weekend work, some high stress days.
Pros
job experience
Cons
unpaid overtime
very difficult to break the all male / old school culture. Even with the proper training and want to get ahead attitude management never seems to notice.
Pros
limited space for women
Cons
great pay
From this company I learned customer service is first and foremost . End of the day a feeling of accomplishment out weighs the hard work .
Work is a job, which is not necessarily the first place you want to be in your life, but if you find yourself working for this company, like all companies it has its ups and downs... The people within this company the ones you deal with on a day to day basis are none better anywhere. The guys are great!
Pros
People, The pay, the Perks
Cons
Safety, in my opinion, needs an immense upgrade.
A very calm and professional atmosphere. A typical day at work would be to greet potential home buyers in a warm and pleasant manner while showing the models homes and their many features. During my time spent working for Tamarack, I development skills in office management, phone greeting, professional attitudes, and time management, as well as multi-tasking. The professional and social environment between employees in the Tamarack sales office is again, very warm and personal, during the slower periods. Everyone knows a bit about each other and addresses each other on a first name basis, even management from other offices. The most difficult part of the job, I found to be, was the many fine details and products Tamarack includes in their superior building standards, and appliances, they build their homes with. A job well done comes with many rewards. Letters from satisfied clients on how impressed with their new home and service they received while planning with employees in the Sales Office and Design Center.
Pros
Flexable part and full time hours. Great company to work with.
Cons
Locations
Great guys to work with. They sponsor company golf and hockey tournaments.VERY BUSY--Be prepared to work hard and on week-ends to achieve closing dates. This is not a bad thing but be aware of how many homes they build.You will be given all the support you need to succeed. When they know that they can trust you they will back you up all the way. If you make a mistake they appreciate hearing it from you first and will help rectify it. DO NOT blame somebody else.I would work for them again in a heart beat.
Pros
good pay with xmas bonus, vehicle allowance, bbqs, lunches paid, back-up support.
Cons
week-end work expected when busy, foremen expected to work with tools & maintain schedule.