Taco Time Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK10 January 2020
absolute fun place to work and keeps you busy all the times. Staff and managers are very friendly and traet you like a family. Learn more and more everyday.
Fun workplace with a very supportive manager and assistant manager.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 December 2019
It was my first job in Canada and the experience was amazing. The manager, who was also the owner was very nice to me, even if I made any mistakes, he would never get mad at me, instead he explained things nicely. He made me feel motivated.
Food service Supervisor (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 November 2019
It is good
I learn so many things that how to behave in different situations and if you get in trouble so how you could handle it.
How to deal with customers.
Easy-going, fun employers, flexible hours for school
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB18 November 2019
I enjoyed working at this location, due to the good communication showcased by the management, and coworkers. We all worked together to minimize stress, and the workload, and created a suitable workplace for students.
good first job
Co worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 October 2019
Supervisors tended to go on power trips and cause lots of drama but manager wasn’t bad. Flexible hours, customers weren’t horrible, didn’t get busy often only on tuesdays mostly.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of drama
Typical food attendant job
Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2019
This was a fast-paced working environment. you need to memorize a lot of menu and skills. Sometimes arguing with customers could be stressful for you.
Taco time
Front Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 October 2019
Good job to have throughout your schooling. They have good management and they worked around my schedule which was very important. Would recommend working there.
meet some awesome co workers
Alberta Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2019
hardest part of my job was people yelling and leaving dirty needles around the counter, which we had to clean up our selves. the job made it easy with my co works
Pros
meet some awesome people
Cons
not enough hours
Best place ever!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 September 2019
Everyone is friendly and tolerant. The managers are the best ppl I've ever worked for and with. Very fair and respectful. Everyone is like a big family. Sure theres arguments over small things, but its always quickly resolved in a respectful manner.. I would definately work there again if given the chance.
Pros
Free food on longer shifts, fair pay, mgrs are great, feels like family, great communication
Cons
Customers can be unfriendly, some long hours.
Very fun and busy work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 August 2019
I enjoyed being a team member with taco time. I liked the advancement i received. the training was really well done and established. Very dedicated to the customer
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 August 2019
Since i have been working here i have been treated with respect and its a happy environment to be in. For once i dont dread goong to work. My bosses are friendly but stern. The coworkers are almost all good. By far this is one of the best job.
Bad and Unprofessional Management
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 August 2019
My only problem is the management. They were not very understanding with new employees and can create a high stress environment at times. I remember I made a mistake on one of my first few shifts and was yelled at in front of coworkers and customers. I remember going to the bathroom and crying because I was so embarrassed. They aren’t very lenient with taking days off. I told my manager I needed the day off to go to a funeral and I almost didn’t get the day off because it was too short of notice. I told him 3 days before my shift.

My biggest disappointment overall from management was when I called in sick one day, which it was the first time I had done that and since then I have never heard from them again. It’s been about 3 months and I’ve never gotten a phone call or any contact from them. I’ve tried calling but nobody answers. I was never officially fired or given my final check for a shift I worked, they just never contacted me again. I think that shows how unprofessional the management there is.
Pros
30% off food, free mexi fries and drinks
Cons
Terrible management
Taco time
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 July 2019
It was a very good job I have a lot of good experiences I learned how to cook and do cashier and I learned that jobs are way harder then they seem and that if I really wanted something I gotta work for it
Harsh Environgment
Cashier & Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 June 2019
The coworkers were great, even the boss was great. But they expected too much from a newbie. The manager expected us to pay for our own mistakes only to learn later we were not supposed to not do that.
Pros
Fast work
Cons
Harsh Environment
busy workplace cashier
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2019
taco time was my first job in Canada as a high school student didn't pay much but it was alright for a full time student. busy work place and it helped me communicate with people better.
productive and fast pace working environment.
Cashier and all around staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2019
There are some times in the day that we are very busy and since it is busy we tend to get stressed and people/workmates pressure you to work faster. On the other hand i learned alot working there since it was my first job,
Pros
free food, get along with staff well sometimes
Cons
sometimes forgetting paycheck, sometimes when stressed they tend to get mad
its nice place to work and meeting new ppl
Fast food (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 February 2019
i was a supervisor and i take care of the store and cashier tills and this job is easy and i dont think its so hard about this job. and most enjoyable thing is meeting ppl and having fun
Was an excellent job also close to home at the time
Cashier/Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 January 2019
A normal day at work would be taking orders & making tacos it wasn't the hardest I think the most busy time was tuesdays. I liked alot of the staff members there they were nice I think the best was being able to take tacos home
Fun, fast-paced, a great team
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 December 2018
Learned important food-prep skills.
Learned how to wash dishes the way the owner wants dishes to be washed.
Learned how to operate the till.
Great staff to work with.
Owner was great to work with.
Learned how to do everything the owner's way.
Pros
50% on all food purchases on days that you work. Free fountain pop
Cons
Shifts care constantly diiferent
inconsistent management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 November 2018
We got to eat for free, but the employees were not treated the same, and management expects you to work overtime hours with no overtime pay.not very fair in my opinion.