Taco Del Mar

Taco Del Mar Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews
Nothing bad to say. Very average job. Nothing very exciting. Nothing very disappointing. Average all across the board. Quite basic in terms of work/life balance, minimum wage.
good food and drinks, free lunch, very good and fun co workers, fun place to work at, leaned how to make a good rice, tacos and burritos, gets busy and stressful
I mostly just want to warn people about the manager, he likes to pick favourites and if you aren’t one of his favourites he will make your life a living nightmare. The rules only apply to people that he has decided not to like. He will talk down to you and likes to use a group chat to belittle his employees and publicly embarrass them. He will not let you call in sick while you are throwing up and will make you handle food while sick. He is awful and needs to be fired. Don’t work here!
Dont apply here they will hire you but then fire you within not even a week and give you a pay check and send you off, basically all I can say now is I got paid well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours now im homeless
my manager would continuously try to have me serve expired food, and they did not want to follow health policies. we were constantly under staffed, and never received our tips.
i liked to work there ,so i was nice experienced working there and i learn lot of new things like food, culture, working with team. i met tourist there.
Pros
free food
Cons
work load
The food is delicious, the people who work here are always great, the manager understands that you have a life outside of work and if emergencies come up, is very understanding about personal issues. That said, management is extremely well done. It's hard to manage a business and still have everybody like you enough to go out for drinks together. Props to everybody there. Hopefully other people get to experience a workplace environment like this. Everybody is welcome :)
Pros
friends, food, community, friendly customers (mostly), good things all around!
Cons
sometimes we run out of Mango Salsa
Managers are the location I worked at had very high expectations that only a superhuman could meet. Pay was reasonable, hours were reasonable, being yelled at by the owner was usual.
I liked working there. My manager ( owner) was very easy going. I was studying when I was not busy. He trusted me and I had the opportunity to manage the store when he was on vacation.
Very flexible on hours. If you say you dont wanna work on fridays then it would be. Good co workers, no one goofing around shift. tends to be slow tho
The environment of this workplace is just plane fun. The customers are nice too. Sure it gets busy too tho. Also with advancement I had to fight teeth and nail for my raise..
Pros
Free food
Cons
Closing shifts
The reason I stayed at this job was for the customers. I had regular customers and was always striving for the best service and quality of taste. I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours, same things everyday
It’s a great place enjoy all the staff it’s friendly and great service foods great as well even sells alcohol to people who stay in the restaurant :)))
Great work environment, everyone is so nice. Pretty easy work, just repetitive. Wage does increase with experience, but it is only entry-level work...
Pros
free meals
Cons
repetitive
this company was overall a good place to work for a first job or minimal labour or resposiblities in the work place. It was easy to learn and get a routine and over all was fun.
Pros
like my co workers
Cons
sometimes stressful
The food was typical quality for Taco Del Mar, but they had run out of all the toppings and instead of giving us the fresh toppings, they gave us the bottom of the last bits - runny salsa, etc. Otherwise, it was good.
I really enjoyed the customer interaction at Taco Del Mar. I enjoyed the fast paced work as well as the team we had on hand. It was one of the best customer service positions I could have asked for
Pros
Free lunch
Great first job, flexible schedules and understanding management staff.
Great for a while but it has very little space for raises, promotions and advances.

However there is a big chance for learning and getting ready to move forward once you leave.
Pros
Free meals depending on your shifts, multiple available shifts
Cons
late hours of operation, no space for professional advance
A typical day at work mostly involves restocking and serving customers. One manager or supervisor is there in the morning but in the evening, its mostly workers as it is a small establishment. The people there are great.
wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other.
customers are very friendly.

typical day at work there very fun,because people that come in , make the workplace very fun.
From this job, I have learned time management, store handling and management, ability to adapt new work environments with co-worjers. Its been a nice experience to working with Taco Del Mar.